"England do not deserve the #1 ranking "

Jokes aside.. England may be technically no.1 But As i repeatedly have said they are not the Aussies of 2000. They conceded 3 first innings lead in Srilanka and won all 3 tests. They were that good. England is a novice infront of them. They just cashed in on the fact lot of teams are aging and rebuilding. Botham was so confident that England was going to win everything everywhere.

Jokes aside.. England may be technically no.1 But As i repeatedly have said they are not the Aussies of 2000. They conceded 3 first innings lead in Srilanka and won all 3 tests. They were that good. England is a novice infront of them. They just cashed in on the fact lot of teams are aging and rebuilding. Botham was so confident that England was going to win everything everywhere.
Flintoff was talking about world domination just a couple of weeks back.

-India has the worst test team among the top 5 bcoz of the loser attitude creeping in the team - England is the biggest mouth among the top 5 and needs to really shut the heck up and stick to basics coz that's what got them to the top. Skill-wise they have the best bowling line-up in the world right now for tests -Australia is a wild card which will struggle against top quality bowling attacks coz their batting has been extremely fragile barring this series and most of their batters will face much sterner tests than they did against a loser like our indian test team. -South Africa is really solid both home and away and has a solid combo of bowling variety and class batsmen.... I think they will outperform the other 3 teams mentioned above over the next 2-3 seasons. -Pakistan is shocking everyone because of playing too much cricket in the same venue (UAE). Real test will be when they play somewhere else .... but they have really handed a hiding to the poms and that was absolutely unexpected. Interesting times ahead for test cricket for sure!!

remember seeing this comment by boycott on bbc commentary, day 1 "I don't think Pakistan are a great side. I'm thrilled that they are playing as a unified front with no arguing or carrying on. But if I were sat in the England dressing room, I'd be thinking 'if we can't beat these we aren't that good.' They are an average team playing well together." guess what, ingerland?? you aren't that good!! LOL

Not on that batting performance we dont, it was pathetic, particularly after our bowlers had got us in a winning position. I am humbled and very angry
No need to be modest. England were never considered #1. India held on to #1 for 2 years and at least drew abroad to retain the position during that time. In spite of that several English and Aussies said India was not #1. So I dont see why we should call England #1, they played well against India at home and got to #1 that is about it. I would rather call SA #1 now. They have drawn a full Indian team 1-1 home and away.

the funniest thing is hearing the reaction from the likes of botham, boycott, vaughan etc. they were all convinced this england team was on the way to being an all time great team to go up there with the aus and wi sides of the 90s/00s and 70s/80s. now it is slowly dawning on them that it is only a half decent side when conditions are in their favour, and it is as average a side as england have produced throughout their history.