Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

Watching Ishant Bowl I Recall Mohd Sami. Now I am not saying he is as bad as Sami who was the worst bowler to play 25+ tests based on stats. But I cant help but recall Sami watching Ishant bow. He has all the tools to be a very good bowler. He is quick. He beats the bat on regular occasions but comes across some one very unlucky. Same use happen with Sami. Good pace and could swing it. He use to have catches dropped and did bowl some great spells. Ishant needs turn of fortune quickly or he could be history soon with good crop of pacers coming through.

Ponting & Pythagoeran Theorem - Prediction Guys I spent hours and hours on statistics of Ponting from FirstClass to Test matches as a captain, batsman, and non-player. I also came with a binomial, normal, log normal to model runs scored and thus each distribution similar to Possion Distribution. On the distribution, I equated lognormal, produced the formula closer to James's Pythagorean's. There are some deviations but they are within 0.00014 of the sample range of RS and RA. Please be aware, James had it for modelled for baseball but I modified to suit cricketing needs. PontingScore = RS^c/(RS^c + RA^c) where... (google to get James theory what these represent.._ I don't want to post my formula and observation here but you can PM me for details. What does it mean to commoners? In the layman terms, my equation yields that Ponting may outscore Sachin in 5.8 years if he continues to play and Sachin for another 2.3 years. BTW, I sent my finding to Cricket Australia, and am awaiting their reply.

Guys I spent hours and hours on statistics of Ponting from FirstClass to Test matches as a captain, batsman, and non-player. I also came with a binomial, normal, log normal to model runs scored and thus each distribution similar to Possion Distribution. On the distribution, I equated lognormal, produced the formula closer to James's Pythagorean's. There are some deviations but they are within 0.00014 of the sample range of RS and RA. Please be aware, James had it for modelled for baseball but I modified to suit cricketing needs. PontingScore = RS^c/(RS^c + RA^c) where... (google to get James theory what these represent.._ I don't want to post my formula and observation here but you can PM me for details. What does it mean to commoners? In the layman terms, my equation yields that Ponting may outscore Sachin in 5.8 years if he continues to play and Sachin for another 2.3 years. BTW, I sent my finding to Cricket Australia, and am awaiting their reply.
send me pm but 5.8 years is a long time..

@Sabby I agree 5.8 years is too long.. I had to get the schedules, venue, opo players, their records etc of CA and India for the next 2+ years, which itself took me a week., Then, i blindly assumed that Ponting and Sachin will play all the matches with their law of least average sampling that I calculated for their future innings. I'll post my findings here, and if there are any MS/PhD in Stats, please PM me

India's Fielding. fPf99.jpg Seriously it's shocking. We all know the stereotype "Indians can't field" etc etc, but that's traditionally been seen as a result of having an older team. Today though, the worst fielders by far have been younger guys like Yadav and Ashwin. Sharma is only 23 and he fields like an 80 year old! It's only compounded when VVS/Sehwag are forced out of the slips (good catchers but terrible ground fielders). Does Indian even have a fielding coach? If so, what the hell is he doing?

Kallis better than Sachin, Dravid: Ganguly Adelaide: While commentating during the fourth Test match between Australia and India in Adelaide on Tuesday, former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly said that he rates Jacques Kallis as the most effective player in Test cricket - even ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Ricky Ponting, who have scored more runs than Kallis. The discussion was initiated when Ponting became only the third player to score 13,000 Test runs behind India's duo of Tendulkar and Dravid. Ponting, batting in his 275th innings, achieved the landmark when he scored his 81st run with a single. The former Australian skipper then went on to complete his 41st hundred. "Definitely Kallis," replied Ganguly when asked who - among Tendulkar, Dravid, Ponting and Kallis - he thinks has been the most effective in Test cricket . Tendulkar the quickest batsman to reach 13,000 Test runs - currently leads the list of top run-getters in Test cricket with 15,432. Kallis is currently fourth in the list with 12,260 runs in 150 Tests at an average of 57.02. He has also taken 274 wickets, making him statistically the best allrounder ever. Tendulkar also holds the record of most Test centuries with 51. Kallis and Ponting are closest to him with 41 each. Top five Test run-getters: Sachin Tendulkar: 15,432 Rahul Dravid: 13,262 Ricky Ponting: 13,033* Jacques Kallis: 12,260 Brian Lara: 11,953 *Innings still underway