Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins

Gambit

Here are their performances in our overseas test wins against non minnows: Rahul Dravid 1104@92 13 innings. 3 tons and 5 50s. Sachin Tendulkar 733@82 from 11 innings. 4 tons and 1 50. This is the first time we've won an overseas test without a single 50+ score from either of them!

Re: Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins

Well even in '86 though there were those absolutely fantastic hundreds by Vengsarkar it was the consistent bowling which also proved a crucial factor.
True. We should have won in 1986 2-0 atleast. Man that would have changed the course of Indian cricket. Wonder how the likes of kapil and Sunny went wrong in that trip. It truly was a series that India chose to draw and not win..darn!

Re: Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins BB, I was talking about 1985-86 series against Australia in Australia. India should have won 2-0. Check these out. http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1985-86/IND_IN_AUS/IND_AUS_T2_26-30DEC1985.html http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1985-86/IND_IN_AUS/IND_AUS_T3_02-06JAN1986.html Bad weather and some silly miscalculations(in 2nd test) gave India a draw instead of a win. I cannot understand how Indian team did not know the number of overs and did not accelerate. We had to get 126 and we played 25 overs for 59/2! xxxx

Re: Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins

5 RPO in those days was an unthinkable thing to do ... in ODIs ... never mind Tests ... :lol:
Not true. It was fairly gettable, specially with Kapil Dev. Pakistan had scored 164 runs in 24 overs in 1979 against us. West Indies had scored 175 in 25 overs against us in 1983 and so on. Bear in mind that by this time Kapil had played many a innings on his own where his strike rate would be 100 plus. With Azhar, Shastri, Binny etc sitting in pavillion there is no reason why we did not go for the win. The theory that I have read is that Indian team miscalculated about the number of overs left. They thought they had an extra 20(perhaps mandatory overs) left and hence chose to play the way they did. Either way it was a game we should have won handsomely. By the way I did not realize Shwetabh meant 1986 England series. Apologies for that. xxx

Re: Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins It rained in the 125 required off 25 overs match and the post tea session was washed out. India thought they would have 50 odd overs to get the target but if they had tried to be more positive rain could have been thrown out of the equation and the match would have been over before tea and rain.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins Here is Dada's performance non-minnow series win overseas Average 73 with 1 ton and 4 50's.. Not bad for a classless batsman :eew:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins Here is laxman's contribution in overseas non-minnow wins Average 56.4 with 1 100 and 4 50.. Not bad but certainly nothing extra-ordinary.

Re: Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins We are spoilt with the averages of Tendulkar and Rahul. They are one of the two top bats of all time so comparison with Laxman isn't too fair. I think and average of 56 is not bad at all. That clearly shows he has contributed alongside the big guns.

Re: Tendulkar,Dravid and overseas wins >Here is laxman's contribution in overseas non-minnow wins Average 56.4 with 1 100 and 4 50 he is unlucky not to average more..Headingly he dint get chance to bat much....becoz Big 3 whipped Pommies left righ and center.. He did not tour SL...