Davangere Express watch thread

J P K

For people criticizing Vinay all the time, see how he has come up from his humble background: Bangalore, March 27 : Karnataka paceman Ranganath Vinay Kumar, who has made it to the T20 World Cup team, says whenever he doubted his ability to be an international cricketer he was reassured by Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble that his time would come. Like other cricketers, who have performed well in the domestic tournament and expecting a national call, Vinay had been waiting after his excellent debut in Ranji Trophy in 2004 when he took five wickets, including that of Sourav Ganguly. Feeling disappointed when the call for the national team did not come, Vinay says he would ask Kumble and Dravid whether he was not up to the mark. "They kept encouraging me saying your time will come, continue the good work," Vinay told media persons. The 26-year-old started playing cricket when he was eight while his father Ranganath drove a three-wheeler for livelihood in Davangere, which was once famous for its cotton mills and was known as Manchester of Karnataka. Eighteen years later with encouragement from parents, two younger siblings, a sister and brother, coaches and of course Kumble and Dravid, Vinay finally found a place in the Indian team, though for the shortest version of the game. "My parents sacrificed a lot for me," Vinay has been saying since Friday afternoon after the selectors announced in Mumbai the final 15-member squad for the Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies next month. Ranganath no longer drives the auto for living. He now works in a private firm in Bangalore. Mother is a home maker, sister is an anchor in Bangalore centre of Doordarshan and brother is a commerce student. The proud father wonders how he and his wife managed the family of five with his earnings without sacrificing Vinay's cricketing career as well as education of the three children. Vinay's performance in domestic cricket and as part of Royal Challengers team in the IPL T20 series has earned him the nickname of 'Davangere Express'. And it was distribution of sweets and bursting of firecrackers Friday in Davangere that marked Vinay's selection. From Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa and Karnataka State Cricket Association president and son of former maharaja of Mysore, Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wadiyar to Royal Challengers and state team mates like Kumble, Dravid, and former India players Venkatesh Prasad and Sunil Joshi hailed Vinay's selection to the national team. http://www.vcricket.com/cricket-news/vinay-says-kumble-dravid-gave-him-confidence-15131.html
it is shame they did not select him in 2007 when he was the second highest wicket taker in ranji trophy had he been selected 5 years back he would have been a huge threat to murli and warne record of highest wicket takers :((
all these trundlers must be thrown out They don`t deserve to bowl along with vinay phaast kumer it is embarrassing to see them bowling along side legend like VK even ashwin and jadeja should not be allowed to play until they bowl at 130 at least
:hysterical: :hysterical:
it is shame they did not select him in 2007 when he was the second highest wicket taker in ranji trophy had he been selected 5 years back he would have been a huge threat to murli and warne record of highest wicket takers :((
True that was kind of the golden period for us and if we would have seen VK f*** up a little earlier we wouldn't have had these expectations that we developed in recent years
So you are saying PK only picked those wickets because of the lack of bounce in the deliveries. The fact that he bowled slower balls accurately in the death overs arent a factor in any of the wickets :hmmm: PK has missed ODIs and tests either due to injury or not being selected. He was not considered for the Windies tests at home and then got injured and missed the ODIs and the test series in Australia. I understand your opinion that PK should be dropped because of not having a stellar record, what I dont understand is why selectively apply it to him and not someone like Ishant who has been an even bigger disappointment and has poor numbers. What is the need to invent excuses for fast bowlers who bowl badly but immediately tear into the medium pacers.
When did i say ishant should not be dropped?Yes ishnat deserves to be dropped but so does P.k.
YouthstarYuvi Youth Star Yuvi Vinay Kumar finally started to bowl Faster than Ravichandran Ashwin. #GoodSign #IndVsSri 8 Feb in reply to ↑ @yuvsingh09 yuvraj singh @YouthstarYuvi I will hear no rubbish talk about vinay kumar let me make it clear 8 Feb via Twitter for BlackBerryŽ®
B->

He was not worth it then even now he has bowled well in last 2 matches bowling faster than 135K Earlier he was always less than 130K with hardly any swing now he is bowling good lin n length but at 135K to 140K so he is suceeding..... He has always been blessed wth line n length but was too slow earlier- a typical TRUNDLER

Select Varun Aroon, Umesh Yadav and Sreesanth...these are deadly bowlers we need to Groom :facepalm: at your sign shreesanth is 29 years old he has played for india for the last 7 years and still behaves like a spoilt child and u still want to groom him for future

Select Varun Aroon' date=' Umesh Yadav and [b']Sreesanth...these are deadly bowlers we need to Groom :facepalm: at your sign shreesanth is 29 years old he has played for india for the last 7 years and still behaves like a spoilt child and u still want to groom him for future
Lets him behave as bad or worse if he can perform nobody will care aka kohli ,But his performances have gone down.
Is there a Reservation policy for people from humble background in sports teams? Otherwise whats the big deal about humble backgrounds?
Abraham Lincoln was from poor background his father was carpenter he became president vinay can become president one day u never know :secret:

“We had Vinay in mind before the auction and I am happy that we have managed to buy him,” remarked Siddartha Mallya, Director, Royal Challengers Sports Ltd. “He brings a lot of value to the team. With seven Indian players needed in the playing XI, we needed top quality players and Vinay is one of them. He has proved himself as a great T20 player in recent T20 matches against Australia. He is economical and can also bat. He is also the Karnataka Ranji team captain and off the field, he is a big motivator for the local guys. It’s great to bring him back to the team,” he explained. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/224686/vinay-thrilled-back-home.html can see VK captaining :rcb: in future