Davangere Express watch thread

J P K

I never said Dinda is great :dontknow: Take off the blinkers and try and understand the point that is being made here.
I don't see other than you trying to say Dinda is better than Munaf or Nehra. I am simply trying to say if the so called bowling tailunt is like Dinda we are better off playing the has beens like Nehra & Munaf coz even they don't suck as much as Dinda does.
I don't see other than you trying to say Dinda is better than Munaf or Nehra. I am simply trying to say if the so called bowling tailunt is like Dinda we are better off playing the has beens like Nehra & Munaf coz even they don't suck as much as Dinda does.
Okay, last attempt to state what I have been saying all through: Dinda has sucked so far (mostly) - But that does not mean we replace him by any Tom, Dick and Harry - his replacements should be young, fit cricketers who should be given opportunities to groom and grow themselves in future.
Okay, last attempt to state what I have been saying all through: Dinda has sucked so far (mostly) - But that does not mean we replace him by any Tom, Dick and Harry - his replacements should be young, fit cricketers who should be given opportunities to groom and grow themselves in future.
And now try to understand my point... Dinda has sucked every game, even against likes of Zimboks, SL B team and Bangbros. He honestly can't find easier opponents in intl cricket. Can you even imagine what SA and Aussies will do to him? Now if this is the talent level we have and other younger or upcoming players are like Dinda we are better off playing the likes of Munaf or Nehra as they are an improvement on the current lot. Grooming shouldn't happen at intl level when the bowlers coming through don't even have basic skill sets. This has to be done at domestic level or at A level, which by the way is no place for a 28 year old fast bowler. A spot in the Indian team has to be valued and not thrown willy nilly to all and sundry. If the best bowlers are somebody like Nehra and Munaf, so be it. If we had gone with your approach probably even Irfan wouldn't have made it back as he would have been seemed a "has been". My point is the best players should play and only the players who are at least up there on the skill level should make it to the national team and not players like Dinda or Unadkat who show up in the team when they are clearly not ready.
And now try to understand my point... Dinda has sucked every game, even against likes of Zimboks, SL B team and Bangbros. He honestly can't find easier opponents in intl cricket. Can you even imagine what SA and Aussies will do to him? Now if this is the talent level we have and other younger or upcoming players are like Dinda we are better off playing the likes of Munaf or Nehra as they are an improvement on the current lot. Grooming shouldn't happen at intl level when the bowlers coming through don't even have basic skill sets. This has to be done at domestic level or at A level, which by the way is no place for a 28 year old fast bowler. A spot in the Indian team has to be valued and not thrown willy nilly to all and sundry. If the best bowlers are somebody like Nehra and Munaf, so be it. If we had gone with your approach probably even Irfan wouldn't have made it back as he would have been seemed a "has been". My point is the best players should play and only the players who are at least up there on the skill level should make it to the national team and not players like Dinda or Unadkat who show up in the team when they are clearly not ready.
None of the three bowlers you have mentioned have shown any performances lately to be considered the best 2nd rung bowlers of the country. Show me Nehra/Munni's domestic /IPL performances (Ishant is injured anyway). Irfan has made a comeback on the strength of his recent performances, and that is the way it should be for people like Nehra or Munaf. I also don't agree with you on the point that Nehra and Munaf are the best options available. Aaron and Vinay would be more suitable anyday, and maybe even Yadav will figure out how to bowl better in ODIs. Awana can be given a look-in. Ruling out the young bowlers just because Nehra and Munaf were okay bowlers once upon a time is not good enough logic.
None of the three bowlers you have mentioned have shown any performances lately to be considered the best 2nd rung bowlers of the country. Show me Nehra/Munni's domestic /IPL performances (Ishant is injured anyway). Irfan has made a comeback on the strength of his recent performances, and that is the way it should be for people like Nehra or Munaf. I also don't agree with you on the point that Nehra and Munaf are the best options available. Aaron and Vinay would be more suitable anyday, and maybe even Yadav will figure out how to bowl better in ODIs. Awana can be given a look-in. Ruling out the young bowlers just because Nehra and Munaf were okay bowlers once upon a time is not good enough logic.
Aaron is injured but if he had been bit yes he should have been tried. I am fine with Awana getting a go but Dinda can't be tried again as going back is a better option than going forward with Dinda. Hopefully when Aaron and Ishant recover they can get into the odi team but till they ecover it's better to go with likes of Munaf & Nehra instead of the likes of Dinda.
But did you factor in the easier opponents in Zim' date=' Bangbros, a 2nd tier SL team which Dinda played against in the Zim tri-series? Do you compare them with SA? Or do you think Dinda would have performed and won us the matches the same way Munaf did? Coz I didn't see anything from Dinda to convince me.[/quote'] When pitches are flat patta, there is no easier opponent. Everyone knows how to hit 4s and 6s. Same Bangladesh reached Final of Asia cup, so how can you say they are weak and I dont think their batsmen were weaker than Kyle Mills and Ajmal Shehzad.
Where did I say I dont like him? He should play ODIs. He is better than Yadav or Dinda at elast with new ball. But if Aaron comes back fit' date=' Aaron should be there too in ODIs. Yadav should stay away from ODIs and work with coach in the nets on his consistency. Vinay is my only hope in ODIs.[/quote'] :woot: :cantstop: