Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???

Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???  

1. 1.

• To "guide" youngsters like Jadeja in the team
    • To get his 100th 100 as he knows he's gonna struggle in Tests
    • He wanted to have a longer vacation in Aus so he came "back" for Aussie tri series
    • Can't say. It's a head scratcher and I have no clue

No, I think they are not logically equivalent.
Then, why are you pulling in non existent arguments to prove your point? Very few, if any posters are of the opinion that only players certain to play the 2015 WC should play from here on.
I know you think Sachin is in second category and I would agree with that. But there is certain subjectivity involved in putting player in one category or other. My point is that you can't make WC 2015 benchmark for any cricketing activity that happens across ODI world at this point of time. For example I am sure about two things, a) Dhoni will not captain India in WC2015. b) Raina will not be selected in team because his capabilities on bouncier oitches would be exposed even more in coming three years. But does that mean, we exclude Raina from any thing related to ODI? WC is not the only thing for which ODI cricket exists.
Yeah, there is a certain subjectivity and I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to that subjective judgment - but as a Tendulkar fan and huge supporter what are the odds you are willing to offer on him being part of a World Cup campaign at the age of 42?Then ask yourself how those odds fare against Dhoni being captain or Raina being in the team then.
khud se rest karey - tou problem. khelney ke liye available rahey - tou problem. run banaye, na banaye - tou bhi problem. Rotdu log roney ka bahana kahin bhi, kaise bhi dhoondh letey hain. And I am wondering, whether I should be happy or sad - quite a few here are coming across as rotdus.
Way to generalize! People who are calling for Tendulkar's retirement are not a monolith. My first preference would be that he quits ODIs, but if he doesn't do that I expect him to play the majority of India's matches rather than skipping the majority and it's good that he has decided to play the Asia Cup rather than rest up for his customary 2 month tamasha for Mukesh and Nita Ambani. So to say that all people calling for Tendulkar's retirement are complaining about his decision to play the Asia Cup is generalizing and bringing in a strawman to try and win an internet argument.

Once he did not retire from ODI's after the WC, i said he wanted to get 2 more ODI tons and retire having made 50 ODI tons. Now i just think he wants to get this 100th hundred out of the way. No-one can possibly argue that the pressure of scoring this 100th hundred has not got to him. If he got it against Bangladesh i think this achievement would be remembered in a bad light. Rather than celebrating it as a remarkable achievement, people in the short to medium term would remember it as Sachin scoring a century against the weakest side out there having failed against England, West Indies, Australia and Sri Lanka.

I don't agree with him picking and choosing series' but the selectors need to grow some balls and tell him he can't do that
selectors do not have balls to drop jadega,Tendulkar to bahut door ki baat hai.:hysterical:
lol ... Pwned all the losers ... the entire lot ... :hail:
Man your concept of "pawning" and getting pawned :hail: Anyways coming from a guy who thinks Kallis, Ponting, SRT, Dravid etc. are all greater than Bradman, or who thinks SRT is still the best batsman in the world it's not that surprising :haha:
selectors do not have balls to drop jadega' date='Tendulkar to bahut door ki baat hai.:hysterical:[/quote'] Jaddu signed up for millions. So his marketing potential needs to be alive and kicking. So irrespective of how crap he is he will play. We cannot rule out Indian team selection is influenced by external factors.
Creative? Innovative perhaps? See you asked for one, I gave ya two. Now never say I didnt do anything for you.
innovative my *****, I won't buy anything less than a 12 MegaPixel picture of yours in a 69 position with a Tyrannosaurus - as a proof of your innovative-ness. anyway thanks for further consolidating the point I was putting across, with minimal effort.
If we are going to use that scale for every player nobody is going to retire , everyone will whimp out of the scene including Tendulkar. Already Dravid has done that in the Australian tour. If you suggest that Tendulkar should retire only when he absolutely hits the rock bottom then it is going to hurt his legacy even more.
I have never had any issues with Dravid continuing in Tests.. especially after WI, England overseas tour. He is still fitter than likes of Ashwin, and has been in our top 3 test bats, post WC2011. I never suggested that one has to hit rock bottom to start thinking about retirement. But, I would like to know why you think Dravid/SRT ( in tests) and SRT ( in ODIs) have already hit their rock-bottom - and have nothing much left to contribute ( something that can be easily fulfilled by random newcomer from top 5-6 from domestic circuit - in respective formats).
I have never had any issues with Dravid continuing in Tests.. especially after WI, England overseas tour. He is still fitter than likes of Ashwin, and has been in our top 3 test bats, post WC2011. I never suggested that one has to hit rock bottom to start thinking about retirement. But, I would like to know why you think Dravid/SRT ( in tests) and SRT ( in ODIs) have already hit their rock-bottom - and have nothing much left to contribute ( something that can be easily fulfilled by random newcomer from top 5-6 from domestic circuit - in respective formats).
If we still have to debate that point after watching the 0-8 debacle and the current tri-series we are so far apart that debate is meaningless. However would like to say just one thing - if we have to lose 0-8 I would rather do it with youngsters than the seniors who are pushing 40. Also, since the next away tour is 2 years away there's no point in letting seniors to fill in their boots and then "retire" before the away series. I would let younsters in the team right now, probably keeping SRT as the only one of the seniors in the team (again, only for Tests) and that too only till Eng series later this year.
Way to generalize! People who are calling for Tendulkar's retirement are not a monolith. My first preference would be that he quits ODIs, but if he doesn't do that I expect him to play the majority of India's matches rather than skipping the majority and it's good that he has decided to play the Asia Cup rather than rest up for his customary 2 month tamasha for Mukesh and Nita Ambani. So to say that all people calling for Tendulkar's retirement are complaining about his decision to play the Asia Cup is generalizing and bringing in a strawman to try and win an internet argument.
(bold part) - Showing availability for Asia cup, looks like he listened you. (AFAIK / AFAI-Understand - he 'opted' out of WI-overseas and WI-home-ODIs - post WC). And he already justified his decision of staying out of SA-2011 ODIs, by backing up with WC-2011 performance. Well, I gave example to clarify that I was not 'generalizing'. Anyway, fair enough that you opine that SRT should stay out of ODIs.. but similarly, from whatever I have seen in the recent matches (and history), he is still fit and skilled enough to play most of ODIs (about 80%) and Tests (100%), as long as he stays away from IPL circus - for at least 1-2 years.
Man your concept of "pawning" and getting pawned :hail: Anyways coming from a guy who thinks Kallis, Ponting, SRT, Dravid etc. are all greater than Bradman, or who thinks SRT is still the best batsman in the world it's not that surprising :haha:
laugh as much as you can, but you would be as clueless as the other-side, in proving otherwise.
(bold part) - Showing availability for Asia cup, looks like he listened you. (AFAIK / AFAI-Understand - he 'opted' out of WI-overseas and WI-home-ODIs - post WC). And he already justified his decision of staying out of SA-2011 ODIs, by backing up with WC-2011 performance. Well, I gave example to clarify that I was not 'generalizing'. Anyway, fair enough that you opine that SRT should stay out of ODIs.. but similarly, from whatever I have seen in the recent matches (and history), he is still fit and skilled enough to play most of ODIs (about 80%) and Tests (100%), as long as he stays away from IPL circus - for at least 1-2 years.
Given that condition will not be realized - he was even seen being a cheerleader for the Ambani team when he was injured - what are your revised estimates?