Vijay Hazare Trophy, 2011/12

Sir john

:hysterical: @ Rahane, the so-called saviour of Indian cricket. Cannot score anywhere, and as I predicted has not scored at Vijay Hazare Trophy too. And the way the fanboys keep shedding crocodile tears for him :facepalm:
He is intl class , he leaves all this Ranji , IPL to players of this level .. :dravid_thewall... :giggle:
Chirag jani from Saurashtra, a bowling all rounder, 98*(67), 10 4s and 6 6s..played this knock in a chase of308 with his side at 7/186 and later on 232/9 in 43 overs. 42 balls left, 75 needed, 1 wicket left..and he took his team to a win! :hatsoff: here's the scorecard http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-domestic-2011/engine/current/match/526343.html
More details: When last man Trivedi walked out to bat, Saurashtra needed 79 runs to win in 7.3 overs and the equation changed to 31 off two overs. In the 49th over bowled by Sangram Atitkar, Jani plundered 21 runs hitting two fours and two massive sixes as Saurashtra went into the last over with just 10 runs to win. However, pacer Mohsin Sayyad conceded only three runs off the first five balls. Needing six runs off the last ball to tie the match for his team, Jani could manage only a four to leave his team three runs short of a win, and himself two runs short of a well-deserved century. Later talking to reporters, Jani said despite his team being in a difficult position, he was confident of his abilities to clear the field. "I knew that if I stayed till the end we had a chance as they were one bowler (Fallah) short," he said. He did concede that taking a single of the second ball of the last over with eight runs still needed off the remaining balls proved to be a mistake. "I was trying for a two but we could get only a single. Had we not taken that, the story could have been different.
Shailender Gehlot. 6/20 in Railways VS MP. Has good List A stats too.
Hope you know the rule that any relatively unknown Ranji bowler, who is not a spinner, can't be discussed at ICF, without giving details of his pace. Be prepared to answer which would be coming your way , Is a he also a trundler? I am sure, given a chance, pace brigade at ICF would make rule to outlaw any ball which is between 110 to 140 kmph.

P Parmeswaram is getting bucket load of wickets , probably the highest wky taker currently, R Shukla , Gony, Suyal, A Ahmed, everyone is coming into the scene hopefefully we can see some live games, Nechim Ahmed is unlucky to be injured, Suyal , Tyagi making a comeback.What this trophy also shows us is some players play well in ODI'S AND SOME IN TEST'S VERY FEW ARE G8 AT BOTH, SELECTORS ARE A DUMB LOT.