PIOs Football Players Watch thread

hari504504

We really need to have PIO players in our team by any means at this point.Look at Phillipines they have 12 foreighn based players & they are in the semi-finals right now.PIO players will help our team to grow & perform better,if the team doesn't grow then kids will not follow or play the beautiful game.

It is no secret that the level of football in Asia in general isn't that high..case in point is that we have made no progress over the years, except for beating the likes of Krygstan (or is it Kazakhstan) in some pointless tournament. Our biggest footballing icons.. Bhutia and now Chhetri are rejects from lower-tier European and US clubs. It is a lost cause.Utlimately the game is the biggest loser, losing fans to Cricket. We need some quality in our team, and the quickest way is to get it from leagues that are at a higher level. This would catalyse the team and win something serious for a change, inspire youngsters into taking up the sport. Once we have a decent talent pool, can always shut the door - its a temporary measure.
Exactly..... When It will come to sport , I dont think Indian will mind what passport their Indian players are carrying. After all they are Indians....... Also,I think FIFA will actually support the moove. U-17 WC: Blatter backs India's initiative http://www.thehindu.com/sport/football/article2978931.ece

Netan Sansara 3.jpg&w=320&h=320&ei=GT1gT9jaKoWhiAeK7NXPBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=105&vpy=144&dur=432&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=131&ty=106&sig=111639152377992172382&page=1&tbnh=154&tbnw=154&start=0&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0
Says it all
Netan Sansara: There is a league in India which I am aware of, but I am not familiar with the structure or the teams. However, it is somewhere that one day I would love to play. I'd love to give something back to the country that my family originates from. So that is something I'd love to do in the future.
Netan Sansara: If India showed me that they really wanted me to become an international for them and made me feel like it was the right move for me then I would be willing to surrender my British passport.

Exactly, FIFA will definitely not have a problem as long as they have not inernationally represented another country before. India is a huge untapped market. Philippines is one example - even the like sof Brazil have had players move on to represent Portugal simply because it was impossible for them to break into the Brazillian first team. AIFF stand is not clear - maybe they are towing the goverment's line, all govt of India has to do is pass a legislation allowing PIOs/dual citizens to represent us Internationally, what is the shame in that ? should wake up and understand the 100% homegrown nonsense simply doesn't fly - we simply don't have the footballing culture to translate into genuine talent on the pitch.

AIFF stand is not clear - maybe they are towing the goverment's line, all govt of India has to do is pass a legislation allowing PIOs/dual citizens to represent us Internationally, what is the shame in that ? should wake up and understand the 100% homegrown nonsense simply doesn't fly - we simply don't have the footballing culture to translate into genuine talent on the pitch.
I'm not a football fan. far from it, but since here are my 2 cents anyways. For once, I think the GoI stand is valid. There is no point in poaching PIO talent. Doing that may better our results in the short run and maybe even in the longer run, but it is not improving Indian football. Only the Indian team's ranking is being improved with players who probably even don't think themselves to be Indian. We'll end up fielding 9 PIO players and that is not going to help the cause of bettering the game in India. If anything, that will give the local players even lesser chance to compete at the big stage.

Mariyam, We need some impressive international results before Indian football can attract decent sponsors, more funds , more interest among youth and thereby more people taking up football like cricket = eventually a better homegrown pool of players. To get to step 1) we need to import players, or the only football teams we will consistently beat for the next 200 years will be Pakistan, Bangladesh and Srilanka (just glance through oure results in the past couple of decades and you'll see the picture - all/most homegrown players mind you). Without this, there is no 'big stage' for anyone to compete in. We exited out of the AFC challenger cup after 3 matches with 3 losses, conceding 8 goals and scoring 0.

Arata.JPG Arata Izumi Date of Birth: 31 July 1982 Citizenship: Japanese ( Currently Holds Indian PIO Card) Position: Right/Left Winger Clubs: Mitsubishi Motors Mizushima FC (Japan J League), Alberix Nigata Singapore, Kingfisher East Bengal
Arata is eligible to play for India now.