I almost lost my mind after getting Tendulkar: Monty

King

Donny, I don't know if you know about the idea behind founding this board or whether you are interested but since you have questioned the moderation here I feel it's important that I tell you about it without boring you with a lot of history - free speech. There are many comments on this board that I find distasteful and many things in life which I find distasteful but I don't go about censuring them. The comment about spastics obviously hit a personal nerve with you and nothing wrong with someone who interacts closely with such people to be sensitive about them. There are many articles, shows etc. which we encounter in real life which you would be sensitive about. I recently watched an episode of Mind of Mencia which made fun of mentally retarded people. All kinds of opinions exist in the world but we don't go around fighting a crusade with every difference of opinion which might be distasteful. We ignore it and move on with our lives. That is what we urge our posters to do here. Having said that trolling, abuse, and fascism against any particular segment of the society are not allowed because such actions are not allowed in real life as well because the idea behind this website is to make it as close to real life as we can.
good post there, shwets...

Thanks for the reply, shwetabh. Contrary to what some ICF members seem to think, who direct impatient and imprudent remarks my way if I haven't responded immediately to a post, I don't hang around in here 24/7. I own and admin 2 other websites and also moderate in Australia's biggest Aussie Rules fansite*, I do volunteer work in a town 30 kms away twice a week, I like to vist my children/grandchildren in Brisbane (about 4 hours drive from here) when possible, I play in two bands and tend to my own garden, do my own laundry, cooking and housework - oh, I also like to get a few hours sleep occasionally so I'll respond when I can get back here. I'd be quite happy to PM the links to those websites to anyone interested. :regular_smile:

Thanks for the reply, shwetabh. Contrary to what some ICF members seem to think, who direct impatient and imprudent remarks my way if I haven't responded immediately to a post, I don't hang around in here 24/7. I own and admin 2 other websites and also moderate in Australia's biggest Aussie Rules fansite*, I do volunteer work in a town 30 kms away twice a week, I like to vist my children/grandchildren in Brisbane (about 4 hours drive from here) when possible, I play in two bands and tend to my own garden, do my own laundry, cooking and housework - oh, I also like to get a few hours sleep occasionally so I'll respond when I can get back here. I'd be quite happy to PM the links to those websites to anyone interested. :regular_smile:
people dont expect u to hang around here 24/7, dons... but u shoot smart-boy one-liners with not much arguments to bak it up and leave people fuming... tht in my dictionary is trolling...
Guest dada_rocks

How about accepeting the fact that not every person on earth can fit the bill of ur average human being in terms of humility. heck even six-sigma accuracy gives room for 6 in a million falling out of any conventional distribution. We are talking about here 6+ billion population and it;s quite like;ly that once in a blue moon u might bump into some guy who is so humble that it makes u look bad. But that doesn;t mean we should keep denying it. He doesn't come of as pretentious so most probabaly he is the way he comes of. Here is my thumbs-up for humble monty :thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks
Wow dadajee, oke now guys if noohing else then this gentleman's age alone demands respect as per indian ethos.
Contrary to what some ICF members seem to think, who direct impatient and imprudent remarks my way if I haven't responded immediately to a post, I don't hang around in here 24/7.
All of us have a life beyond this forum, Donny and I am sure I would be speaking for the majority here when I say that your contributions have been top notch in your stay here. As for the imprudent and impatient remarks, let them come. We don't let the "Dude, I see you are ignoring my calls" in real life cause any sort of obstructions, thinking "Damn right I am ignoring your calls because you bore me to death". Why let it affect our participation in online fora. Just spend time on things you enjoy, interact with people you like, debate passionately if you feel like, ignore if you want to, write about things you feel strongly about and move on. I am not trying to preach you or anything, for your experience in life and on the internet far exceeds mine, just giving my two cents on how I enjoy my online life.
Anyone see monty at the amir khan fight in the back gound. Attending with khan's cousin saj mahmood. Jumping up and down like a demented seal.!
Oh, shock horror - Monty actually went to a boxing fight and enjoyed himself ?!! That scumbag ! He should be hung for this act of TREASON ! Seriously dsr, how does this make him a traitor ? :haha:

OK i accept I may have been OTT in labelling him a traitor. However, at this moment in time I dont like him. THIS IS WAR UNTIL THIS SERIES IS OVER! After I may like him again. But his demented actions at the boxing match were a direct replica of his demented appealing for ridiculous shouts like balls pitching 10 metres outside of leg. Notice how the english comms dont bat an eye lid about his shocking appealing and laugh about it! Also calling him a traitor will psychologicaly damage him and may give the edge if he logs on to this forum. As to be quite frank the negative posts on the indian team in this forum give rise to me suspecting one of you is that traitor Monty, my money is on Lurker!