CSK 2012 - Team News/Discussion thread

Ram

Slowly but surely, Bravo has emerged as one of Chennai's most valuable players. If you include today's game, that's at least 5 games that has had a significant winning impact on the team. Without a shadow of doubt, he is one of the best additions among all new inductees this year. And if I remember correct, Wasnt Bravo part of the MI squad for the 1st 3 years? What were they doing with him? :dontknow: Another thing about the CSK line up that is highly under-estimated is the fact that the team core group of people (MSD, Raina, Badri, Vijay, Jakati, Aswhin, Albie, Anirudh, Hussey, Bollinger) has not changed at all, in the last 5 editions of the tournament. That is so so important in a team game like T20 because everyone knows there roles in their team very well. In fact, that is one of the reason why, come knockouts time or pressure games, CSK is better than anybody at scrapping through. There's no uncertainty as to who needs to do what. Besides, that is also an important reason why the team does not panic even if they get off to bad starts because they know what the players who come after them can deliver. If you thought today's start against MI was bad (47/2 after 9), what about the team's start batting first against DC in the semi-finals of the 2010 edition? They were an unbelievable 48/3 after 10! Still no panic - The team reached 145 and defended that successfully.

Slowly but surely' date=' Bravo has emerged as one of Chennai's most valuable players. If you include today's game, that's at least 5 games that has had a significant winning impact on the team. Without a shadow of doubt, he is one of the best additions among all new inductees this year. [b']And if I remember correct, Wasnt Bravo part of the MI squad for the 1st 3 years? What were they doing with him? :dontknow: .
I think Symonds was preferred :hmmm: Always go back to 2009, 2010 threads.. fun to read them now..

They always had decent line up. Even this year they have good line up. They had jayasuriya for couple of seasons.
Ya, Surya was good only for one season. In the second edition (in SA) he was found wanting against the short pitch stuff. He doesn't have a great record in the safari, anyway. By the third season, due to lack of match practice (wasn't playing for SL anymore) he looked a shadow of his old self and eventually was dropped from the playing XI. The problem the bambis are facing is, they don't have an astute cappo and they don't know how to tinker their batting lineup. That's why I tend to like Darren Ganga, even though he is a FUp with the bat in his hands. The way he rings in the field/bowling changes and gets the best outta the limited talent TNT has/had got is a blueprint of how a T20 side should be managed.

Subash ‏@thecricketcouch the one that Jaddu got out to, bringing in Bravo, was the best shot of CSK's inns. :hysterical: @cricketaakash Retweeted by Aakash Chopra Expand Reply Retweet Favorite 7h Aakash Chopra ‏@cricketaakash Best shot of CSK's innings--Dhoni's helicopter shot off Malinga or Bravo's falling-over-on-one-leg over covers off Dhawal?

Slowly but surely, Bravo has emerged as one of Chennai's most valuable players. If you include today's game, that's at least 5 games that has had a significant winning impact on the team. Without a shadow of doubt, he is one of the best additions among all new inductees this year. And if I remember correct, Wasnt Bravo part of the MI squad for the 1st 3 years? What were they doing with him? :dontknow: Another thing about the CSK line up that is highly under-estimated is the fact that the team core group of people (MSD, Raina, Badri, Vijay, Jakati, Aswhin, Albie, Anirudh, Hussey, Bollinger) has not changed at all, in the last 5 editions of the tournament. That is so so important in a team game like T20 because everyone knows there roles in their team very well. In fact, that is one of the reason why, come knockouts time or pressure games, CSK is better than anybody at scrapping through. There's no uncertainty as to who needs to do what. Besides, that is also an important reason why the team does not panic even if they get off to bad starts because they know what the players who come after them can deliver. If you thought today's start against MI was bad (47/2 after 9), what about the team's start batting first against DC in the semi-finals of the 2010 edition? They were an unbelievable 48/3 after 10! Still no panic - The team reached 145 and defended that successfully.
excellent post. Bravo story needs to be followed-up and if he continues as a match winner for CSK, then clearly Flemming/Dhoni combo is the real deal, they would have outdone Windies and MI in utilizing Bravo.

Subash ‏@thecricketcouch the one that Jaddu got out to, bringing in Bravo, was the best shot of CSK's inns. :hysterical: @cricketaakash Retweeted by Aakash Chopra Expand Reply Retweet Favorite 7h Aakash Chopra ‏@cricketaakash Best shot of CSK's innings--Dhoni's helicopter shot off Malinga or Bravo's falling-over-on-one-leg over covers off Dhawal?
:haha::haha::haha:

My fellow CSK-ites - Please put your hands together to welcome some of the latest entrants into the elite club that is the CSK fanatics - Yods-eque and Sabby. :yay: These men were some of our biggest adversaries during our battles versus the puppies, but have now indicated their inclination to be enshrined into the Champions Club. :icflove::csk: P.S; Sourav01, the invitation is open to you as well! :--D
Thanks! I am honoured to be invited by the three-time champs, but I can only support CSK from outside. Not only do they have the best team, but the best fans (on ICF) as well. Everyone might leave, Pune might get the wooden spoon year after year after year, but I'll not leave that team till the team gets shut out :sniffle: P.S. We'll rebuild and come back better next year :agree: