Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

Are Outy paaji' date=' angrezi kyoon pakad rahe hain. Argument to counter-argument se bat kijiyega na?[/quote'] Kaun sa counter argument? What rebuttal do you want me to counter regarding anything I've proposed in this thread? If it's Hobb's technique, yeah it's top notch - I've seen batsmen with much worse technique average 50+ today.
The funny part' date=' if I may, is that "both the three of you" (vvs, raghav, akshay) agree to some points at some level - comparison across eras isn't fair.[/quote'] cos thats the sane thing to do :giggle: btw plz explain me this I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. :cantstop:
Kaun sa counter argument? What rebuttal do you want me to counter regarding anything I've proposed in this thread? If it's Hobb's technique' date=' yeah it's top notch - I've seen batsmen with much worse technique average 50+ today.[/quote'] Don't see any top notch technique their, more so the way Ashish Nehra bats.
I am not taking sides.. I am just expressing my view point.
Man, you take quite long to express yourself, some 10-12 pages. I just wonder how it would be if you always take that long to express yourself, particularly at key moments in life :winky: (Comments above are in lighter vein. Hope you don't mind)
Man, you take quite long to express yourself, some 10-12 pages. I just wonder how it would be if you always take that long to express yourself, particularly at key moments in life :winky: (Comments above are in lighter vein. Hope you don't mind)
If i am posting only in this thread you can say that.. I am more interested in current events. Occasionally i participate in these kind of debates. I participated in a similar debate like 3 years back.. then i left.. I know it is a futile exercise on the part of everybody trying to convince others with theories. I frankly think everyone should be left to their era.
If i am posting only in this thread you can say that.. I am more interested in current events. Occasionally i participate in these kind of debates. I participated in a similar debate like 3 years back.. then i left.. I know it is a futile exercise on the part of everybody trying to convince others with theories. I frankly think everyone should be left to their era.
this
Yeah? Can you show me a 20 Test shots of Nehra which played the square cut so well? I am saying' date=' 20, because a few could be a fluke so we need more evidence that Nehra is better than Hobbs.[/quote'] but where is that so well square cut?

When you can't answer with numbers, you start bringing in subjective BS like batting technique. For some reason, a Sehwag of today can be considered a great player despite having a random technique, a Dhoni can be hailed as one of the greatest ODI players with one of the ugliest techniques of any player, but to prove that those who played in the 30s cannot be great, one has to pull videos from all corners to show how poor technique was back then. B->

This is my problem. Who are you to say the cricket was amaturish. First Test Cricket match played in independent India - YouTube this is a first class game.. happened in India post independence.. this looks like a club level game to you? Then you are totally biased and one eyed. Look at the fatsos that play cricket in modern era.
What did you see in this video to suggest otherwise ? BTW, did you watch one of those celebrity cricket league games recently ? Even though its the equivalent of a club level game, it was fairly competitive, i must say, i did notice anything in these videos to suggest the standards were anything more than club level for the most part. The video evidence on Hobb's technique is as damning as it gets. This is a supposed all time great we are talking about with a Lagaan-like technique
The video evidence on Hobb's technique is as damning as it gets. This is a supposed all time great we are talking about with a Lagaan-like technique
Oh please, we all watched the same video. There is NOTHING damning there. Yes technique has evolved, but there is nothing there to laugh about.
What did you see in this video to suggest otherwise ? BTW, did you watch one of those celebrity cricket league games recently ? Even though its the equivalent of a club level game, it was fairly competitive, i must say, i did notice anything in these videos to suggest the standards were anything more than club level for the most part. The video evidence on Hobb's technique is as damning as it gets. This is a supposed all time great we are talking about with a Lagaan-like technique
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwBVWa22jY4]Ajantha Mendis Vs VVS Laxman....*All 7 dismissals*...2008-2010.. - YouTube[/ame] This is great technique?. If someone sees this after 50 years he would say.. how come they miss straight balls
Short on time right now, but quickly wanted to point out how major injuries can have a big impact on a player's career and form. Vengsarkar was the number one batsman in the world, at the peak of his game, and batting on a century when he was knocked out of action in the '87 series by Patterson(?). Anyone with access to stats guru can perhaps check his dismal run following that injury till he was finally dropped after the '91-92 Australia tour. Helmets are not a guarantee against injury but provide a safeguard just like safety belts. It's stupidity and ignorance to suggest they were used only when they were needed in cricket - Trueman, Tyson, Hall were from the 50s and 60s and about as quick as anyone. I am not even including Miller and Lindwall because they've already been branded as trundlers by Bhakt Inc. Obviously, while facing quick bowling I would always be in favor of wearing a helmet just like I would favor people putting their seat belts on. The fan boys seem to be on a rampage today.:hysterical:
Totally irrelevant and missing the point, unless you claim that scoring runs without a helmet in a local league is greater than scoring runs with a helmet at the international level. And even if we consider the helmet argument, how is Bradman greater than Viv and Gavaskar who both played the fearsome fast bowlers of their generation without a helmet ?
Irrelevant. We have plenty of footage of VVS whacking the bowlers with sound technique. How many footage of Hobbs do you have that exhibit sound technique ?
Highly relevant. Because this is also technique.. Reading the ball from the hand and move your feet accordingly. ALso Laxman has several times been bowled through gates by being late to bring down the bat. Not sure about Hobbs. But Bradman.. there are plenty of videos across youtube. On drives, backfoot drives... they were still played the way it should be played. If you call it amaturish.. i can call whole bunch of current players as amaturish based on their technique.
Oh please' date=' we all watched the same video. There is NOTHING damning there. Yes technique has evolved, but there is nothing there to laugh about.[/quote'] Hobbs almost strolls across the stumps and plays several shots with his left leg going up, almost off-balance. Even modern day tailenders dont play like that. If this does not bother your eyes, then you believe what you want to believe.
Highly relevant. Because this is also technique.. Reading the ball from the hand and move your feet accordingly. ALso Laxman has several times been bowled through gates by being late to bring down the bat. Not sure about Hobbs. But Bradman.. there are plenty of videos across youtube. On drives' date=' backfoot drives... they were still played the way it should be played. If you call it amaturish.. i can call whole bunch of current players as amaturish based on their technique.[/quote'] You are missing the point dude. All batsmen show poor technique at some point and that's why they get out. If the only evidence you have shows poor technique (esp, when Hobbs is just demonstrating technique as opposed to playing in a live match), you gotta believe his technique was poor indeed. Hobbs is brought up many times to big up Bradman and Hobbs is frequently listed as an all time top tenner. I would expect better than this from such a highly ranked batsman.
You are missing the point dude. All batsmen show poor technique at some point and that's why they get out. If the only evidence you have shows poor technique (esp, when Hobbs is just demonstrating technique as opposed to playing in a live match), you gotta believe his technique was poor indeed. Hobbs is brought up many times to big up Bradman and Hobbs is frequently listed as an all time top tenner. I would expect better than this from such a highly ranked batsman.
This is frankly insufficient to judge a player. I have seen Sunny Gavaskar giving coaching in a video when he was a commie. It was more or less the same way this Hobbs is doing now. You need few more videos. Manjrekar had picture perfect technique . We all know where he ended up. Lara hardly had copy book technique so did Richards, Steve waugh.. whole bunch of players. If you ask them to give coaching they will also look like this.