Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

Bumper, just look up statistical inferences from the past as to who understands cricket more - you predicted Tendulkar was done and Yuvraj(:laugh:) should replace him in '06-'07, you predicted Kohli would be a laughing stock in Australia, I said he'll pull through. You say Bradman was a junk batsman - am I supposed to believe you?:hysterical:

This is frankly insufficient to judge a player. I have seen Sunny Gavaskar giving coaching in a video when he was a commie. It was more or less the same way this Hobbs is doing now. You need few more videos. Manjrekar had picture perfect technique . We all know where he ended up. Lara hardly had copy book technique so did Richards, Steve waugh.. whole bunch of players. If you ask them to give coaching they will also look like this.
Once again, you missed the central theme of my post. If *all* you have is one or two tapes and they do not show a batsman in good light, then the correct conclusion to draw is that there is no evidence to rate that batsman. Instead we are seeing Hobbs rated as a top tenner consistently. Go figure! As for Lara, Richards et al, we have tons of videos that can vouch for their technique. Copy book technique is not what we are expecting from great players. Even if they dont look easy on the eyes, you dont expect them to look like jokers. Hobbs looked like one in that video.
Bumper, just look up statistical inferences from the past as to who understands cricket more - you predicted Tendulkar was done and Yuvraj(:laugh:) should replace him in '06-'07, you predicted Kohli would be a laughing stock in Australia, I said he'll pull through. You say Bradman was a junk batsman - am I supposed to believe you?:hysterical:
Yeah and you said Sehwag was done in 2007 remember & he goes on to score a hundred at Adelaide & Umar Akmal would be a batting great, when he hardly looks like one :haha: You predicted nothing about Kohli. Just made some careful ambivalent comments the moment Kohli made some runs for the first time in Australia and then jumped like an opportunist when he succeeded. And did i mention Piyush Chawla and Amit Mishra :hysterical: Now that Tendulkar has no shot at an overseas redemption for another 2 years, you have safely declared his obituary. If you care to count, you were wrong at least as many times, statistically.
Dude, you need to chill. Kuch ka kuch bakte ho?? You are sounding as if ICC has deemed every batsman to mandatorily wear helmet?? Any modern batsman can walk in the middle with a hat. Why wear helmet? And whats your issue with Chennai weather?? You are sounding as if an Indian batsman, say Sachin, played all his test in Chennai lol. What about going abroad? England, New Zealand, Australia, Saffer etc...Udhar weather accha hota hai, why wear helmet at all lol. Look, this is a prime example of blind worship. Here something you may enjoy Bold, italized aur underline sab kar diya hoon, in case you miss the point. http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/515682.html
Before anything else - I was talking about use of helmets vs no-helmets in DGBs era - and you bring an isolated video of Sachin getting hit on helmet. And in above example also, you randomly quote single Indian Batsmen - coincidentally Sachin. First get out of blind hatred mode, w/o that it is impossible to have a logical discussion with you.
Once again, you missed the central theme of my post. If *all* you have is one or two tapes and they do not show a batsman in good light, then the correct conclusion to draw is that there is no evidence to rate that batsman. Instead we are seeing Hobbs rated as a top tenner consistently. Go figure! As for Lara, Richards et al, we have tons of videos that can vouch for their technique. Copy book technique is not what we are expecting from great players. Even if they dont look easy on the eyes, you dont expect them to look like jokers. Hobbs looked like one in that video.
You can't say that about Bradman too right.. as you have more videos of him. Hobbs video.. you could find under some old archives of some English news sites.
No.. Sunil Gavaskar was a moron not to wear helmet was the point.
Since you have proven track record of selective filtering, it does seem to affect your comprehension also. When I said SMG must have been a moron - there was more to it. Here is another futile attempt to get it through your dud brain:- According to you and your kind, it is some sort of universal knowledge that helmets give unfair advantage over not wearing one. Then, given that primary job (and goal and passion...) of a batsman in cricket is to score runs, one has to be retard to not wear helmet - when he has the choice, just for the sake of showcasing size of one's balls. Where there are better ways in life to showcase bravery. SMG just happened to be an example, since you introduced his video.
Since you have proven track record of selective filtering, it does seem to affect your comprehension also. When I said SMG must have been a moron - there was more to it. Here is another futile attempt to get it through your dud brain:- According to you and your kind, it is some sort of universal knowledge that helmets give unfair advantage over not wearing one. Then, given that primary job (and goal and passion...) of a batsman in cricket is to score runs, one has to be retard to not wear helmet - when he has the choice, just for the sake of showcasing size of one's balls. Where there are better ways in life to showcase bravery. SMG just happened to be an example, since you introduced his video.
That sunil gavaskar video was presented because you said "wearing helmet in chennai will decrease the ability to score runs".. so i told.. "why not play without helmet in chennai "

Finally, I agree with SRT fanboys on how exquisite SRT's technique of scoring 100's is :hatsoff: Below is a great post card. may be a candidate for an ICF banner:

End of over 33 (2 runs) India 164/1 (RR: 4.96)
V Kohli 	   	62* (76b 5x4) 	     	Shahadat Hossain 	   	5-0-31-0
SR Tendulkar 	   	83* (108b 8x4 1x6) 	     	Mashrafe Mortaza 	   	6-0-27-0

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.0 kph, taps it down towards mid-off and refuses the single

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 125.7 kph, pushed to Shakib at mid-off again and this time he has to scamper back, sign of nerves finally?

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.0 kph, clipped hard down to mid-on and he can't pinch a single here

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, slashed and just short of point! Nervy moment for Sachin, well stopped in the end

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.7 kph, gets on the front foot and pushes it to cover

5 dot balls...

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 126.4 kph, and it's a maiden! Clipped hard to mid-on, he's trying to get it away but can't pinch the single 

And since many of the SRT fanboys are also likely to be die hard supporters of Indian trundlers like PK, the above also shows pace is not everything :two_thumbs_up:

The moron in chief comes up with an article from Wisden' date= which his agenda is to denounce, to prove his point. If this doesn't show the intellectual bankruptcy on show here, nothing will!
++++++++ It is fascinatingly dumbfounding to see him quote the very same institution that he distinctly hates, calls it biased and flowering language stuck in past. Then again, dont the bhagwa loony brigade quickly quote Jinnah's speech on Securalism in Pakistan and how Pakistanis didnt listen to him?. :winky: So I suppose hypocracy comes natural to some...:yay::yay:
If i am posting only in this thread you can say that.. I am more interested in current events. Occasionally i participate in these kind of debates. I participated in a similar debate like 3 years back.. then i left.. I know it is a futile exercise on the part of everybody trying to convince others with theories. I frankly think everyone should be left to their era.
[india rising mode on] That makes you a Politically Correct (PC) pinko. A self-loather who does not see India rising. Due to psec like you we are where we are, why everybody laughs at us. Jai ho Israel and US ki, I am migrating to the West now. [india rising mode off]
Irrelevant. We have plenty of footage of VVS whacking the bowlers with sound technique. How many footage of Hobbs do you have that exhibit sound technique ?
Havent you answered the question yourself Bumper? When you do not have enough data to prove, or disprove, a point the whole dataset is rejected. Simple. Yes we dont have enough video evidence to discuss Hobbs, or Bradman, or George Headley. So lets just enjoy what we have but not use the video mechanism as any evidence one way or other. And go back to dataset that is rock solid - numbers, scorecards, articles. Surely thats the correct thing to do, no?
Finally, I agree with SRT fanboys on how exquisite SRT's technique of scoring 100's is :hatsoff: Below is a great post card. may be a candidate for an ICF banner:
End of over 33 (2 runs) India 164/1 (RR: 4.96)
V Kohli 	   	62* (76b 5x4) 	     	Shahadat Hossain 	   	5-0-31-0
SR Tendulkar 	   	83* (108b 8x4 1x6) 	     	Mashrafe Mortaza 	   	6-0-27-0

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.0 kph, taps it down towards mid-off and refuses the single

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 125.7 kph, pushed to Shakib at mid-off again and this time he has to scamper back, sign of nerves finally?

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.0 kph, clipped hard down to mid-on and he can't pinch a single here

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, slashed and just short of point! Nervy moment for Sachin, well stopped in the end

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.7 kph, gets on the front foot and pushes it to cover

5 dot balls...

Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 126.4 kph, and it's a maiden! Clipped hard to mid-on, he's trying to get it away but can't pinch the single 

And since many of the SRT fanboys are also likely to be die hard supporters of Indian trundlers like PK, the above also shows pace is not everything :two_thumbs_up:

What a retarded post. :facepalm:
Before anything else - I was talking about use of helmets vs no-helmets in DGBs era - and you bring an isolated video of Sachin getting hit on helmet. And in above example also' date= you randomly quote single Indian Batsmen - coincidentally Sachin. First get out of blind hatred mode, w/o that it is impossible to have a logical discussion with you.
I also put video of Sandeep Patil 10 post after, obviously you missed that by a 2000 mile stick. As for Sachin video, whats wrong with that? Surely when we talk of great batsmen, Hobbs, Bradman etc....I am gonna go for the best India has produced? Sunny and Sachin. Or do you want me to bring in Ashok Malhotra to bolster your fanboy comments???

Poor Bossbhai. Getting his rare end handed to him in this thread. Some good posts as usual to put the fanboys at bay. It pains real SRT fans like me to see some of these fanatics do disservice to Sachin by blind hero worship thinking putting down all and sundry somehow elevates SRT. Quite the opposite actually.

Poor Bossbhai. Getting his rare end handed to him in this thread. Some good posts as usual to put the fanboys at bay. It pains real SRT fans like me to see some of these fanatics do disservice to Sachin by blind hero worship thinking putting down all and sundry somehow elevates SRT. Quite the opposite actually.
Okay.