Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

Yeah and you said Sehwag was done in 2007 remember & he goes on to score a hundred at Adelaide & Umar Akmal would be a batting great, when he hardly looks like one :haha: You predicted nothing about Kohli. Just made some careful ambivalent comments the moment Kohli made some runs for the first time in Australia and then jumped like an opportunist when he succeeded. And did i mention Piyush Chawla and Amit Mishra :hysterical: Now that Tendulkar has no shot at an overseas redemption for another 2 years, you have safely declared his obituary. If you care to count, you were wrong at least as many times, statistically.
That was a tongue and cheek post you got so worked up on - but of the examples you've listed only Amit Mishra has been a failure. Anyhow, back to the topic - there is absolutely nothing wrong with Hobbs' technique, it's better than 80% of the batsmen averaging 50+ today. In term of just technique, among the active players with some pedigree today I would only put Tendulkar, Dravid (just retired), DeVilliers, Kallis, Watson, Sangakkara, Bell ahead of him based on the video evidence.
Poor Bossbhai. Getting his rare end handed to him in this thread. Some good posts as usual to put the fanboys at bay. It pains real SRT fans like me to see some of these fanatics do disservice to Sachin by blind hero worship thinking putting down all and sundry somehow elevates SRT. Quite the opposite actually.
He is used to it...derives sadistic pleasure I suppose...:whistle:
I have heard guys like sunny gavaskar,allan border say that due to helmets techique against short ball has declined .Batsman do not keep eyes on the ball due to sense of safety.
Certainly merit in that argument. With helmet you still have a solid defence in case you missed the ball. Without helmet if the ball hit you, often your career went down the tube. So its not too difficult to see under which circumstance the batsmen would be lot more alert, or have a mechanism to handle bouncers. Plus Border and SUnny are two batsmen who are best equipped to make a statement regarding this. Considering helmet era started in 1978 or so and came into maturity around late 80s, the 10 years would coincide with the great fast bowlers era and Border, Gavaskar and later Gooch were the ones who withstood the ferocity of fast bowlers most.

This humiliating defeat is due to the curse of the past greats.The more u guys demean,devalue them,the more humilation come to u arrogant bunch. Pride comes before fall.I saw some one making a Bradman mocking thread immediatley after Sachin got his 100,,and what he got his due as well. So learn to respect past generation u arrogant souls...

This humiliating defeat is due to the curse of the past greats.The more u guys demean,devalue them,the more humilation come to u arrogant bunch. Pride comes before fall.I saw some one making a Bradman mocking thread immediatley after Sachin got his 100,,and what he got his due as well. So learn to respect past generation u arrogant souls...
Badi bi, sheekhein jaraa. No more dirty jokes about Ernie Toshack please...:beee::beee:
:hysterical::hysterical:
lol. We should do agarbatti in front of Bradman to win against Bangladesh. :hysterical: I respect past generation but this is crazy logic.
I agreed crazy logic it is.U don't need to do agrabhatti in front of them,but u can very well avoid spitting on them..
prolly a Dargah in honor of DGB will work ... The head lizzard will throw in the chaddar and sing ... hai hai Bradman B->
Maybe you should do a "inhin logon ne le liya dupatta mera" in honor of the great Tendulkar whose epic performance against Bangbros will forever be etched in the memory of those who watched the epic knock :hail:
I will be right here dude once you tell me who exactly belongs to this "we" camp. Dont move the goal-post. There was little meat in your post and I am too busy to get caught up in mud-slinging. So back to the question. Help me figure out which notable Englishman belongs to this "we" camp. New Zealaders, Saffers etc are next. You can use the time to prep :)
A very honest answer: =============== Why are you being so naive. I have allready answered to the reason why its difficult to find anyone, simply because its official line. And the official line was formed probably by the time bodyline was introduced. Now you are asking the executives of the institution who have seen how in past a very senior executive (Larwood) was treated for going against official wishes So its not case of white blokes or black blokes or brown folks. Its simply institutional . Probably with BCCI in picture, it has now turned into some sort of turf war MCC/CA. About goal post-- Belive me if i was so strict with goal post I would have not went ahead with knowing why Bradman lied to declare in the media that his batting style matched to the Sachins. Probably he wasnt aware that one day his batting style would be readily available for everyone to watch. So we allow you to change the goal post because we are right.. :agree: And all this invincibility claim is BS. If he was invincible in 1930 then he was greatest among them.
A very honest answer: =============== Why are you being so naive. I have allready answered to the reason why its difficult to find anyone, simply because its official line. And the official line was formed probably by the time bodyline was introduced. Now you are asking the executives of the institution who have seen how in past a very senior executive (Larwood) was treated for going against official wishes So its not case of white blokes or black blokes or brown folks. Its simply institutional . Probably with BCCI it has now turned into some sort of turf war. About goal post-- Belive me if i was so strict with goal post I would have not went ahead with knowing why Bradman lied to declare in the media that his batting style matched to the Sachins. Probably he wasnt aware that one day his batting style would be readily available for everyone to watch. So we allow you to change the goal post because we are right.. :agree: And all this invincibility claim is BS. If he was invincible in 1930 then he was greatest among them.
Actually the question was rather simple - How many non-Indians belong to this "we" camp. Let me answer that for you. You would be hard to find too many experts from England, Australia, NZ, South Africa and West Indies. Even Pakistan, SL, BD wont be on your side. And within India you would also have a lot of people oppose you too. The way I see it is, this "we" club is akin to Ahmedinejad crew who claim hollocaust didnt happen. Your lot is like that. Khush ab? :winky:
Actually the question was rather simple - How many non-Indians belong to this "we" camp. Let me answer that for you. You would be hard to find too many experts from England, Australia, NZ, South Africa and West Indies. Even Pakistan, SL, BD wont be on your side. And within India you would also have a lot of people oppose you too. The way I see it is, this "we" club is akin to Ahmedinejad crew who claim hollocaust didnt happen. Your lot is like that. Khush ab? :winky:
I knew you would come up with some standard abuse. But living in denial wouldn't change the fact that whatever cricket the invincibles played, they used to fall flat on their asses between overs. Wicket keeper used to stand about 10-12 yards when fast bowlers used to bowl, Unlimited days of cricket used to finish in no more that 4 days of actual cricket, The fast bowlers never managed to seriously injure any player. My college team had better fielding standards.... And list is on.. All that i can make out of the videos easily... And its fact like these which are letting fans like me force to ignore the so called official line. Its luaghable that you rely on media reporting but you wll ignore video evidences from the same media....