Bnp Paribas/atp Miami - 2012

adi B

So lets think about this rationally . Imagine if Federer sucked on clay like Sampras and never met Nadal on it and Nadal excelled indoors and kept meeting and losing to Federer year after year in Bercy,Madrid,WTF,Basel,Stockholm,Cincinnati,Montreal what would the head to head look like? But Nadal doesn't and thats why the H2H as you see it. The H2H is a paradox because Federer is the superior player on all surfaces.Yes . he has a matchup problem against Nadal, but overall he doesnt pick and choose his battles.
Cincinati is an outdoor hard court event. Madrid is something like a blue clay court tournament. Stockholm,Basel are not even masters event so don't know what to say about them. The reason I brought about the last 2 tourneys is that Rafa may not even play these one's as federer does not play in say Croatia open. Federer, has a superior game but that mental blockage has reached a new level. And if Federer really does not pick and choos his battles then why does not he play the smaller vla court games where Rafa plays. Same goes with Rafa who does not participate in the indoor one's. And there are not many major tournaments with indoor courts are they?

Focus on the tennis rather than getting into personality attacks.
Sports has so many aspects to be considered apart from the quality of the game. And mental aspect lies right up there. And Federer has had a mental blockage in that regard. If he is to be considered as an GOAT ,then at some point of time he has to come out of this blockage.

Sports has so many aspects to be considered apart from the quality of the game. And mental aspect lies right up there. And Federer has had a mental blockage in that regard. If he is to be considered as an GOAT ' date='then at some point of time he has to come out of this blockage.[/quote'] He is already the GOAT.

Cincinati is an outdoor hard court event. Madrid is something like a blue clay court tournament. Stockholm,Basel are not even masters event so don't know what to say about them. The reason I brought about the last 2 tourneys is that Rafa may not even play these one's as federer does not play in say Croatia open. Federer, has a superior game but that mental blockage has reached a new level. And if Federer really does not pick and choos his battles then why does not he play the smaller vla court games where Rafa plays. Same goes with Rafa who does not participate in the indoor one's. And there are not many major tournaments with indoor courts are they?
Why do you think Rafa falls away in the latter half of the year ?The reason is that most of them are indoor or fast outdoors. Federer is comptent through out the year dutifully makes the finals of all clay masters and gets beaten by Rafa.Rafa is no doubt the better clay court player but Federer is the best tennis player. Also Federer has won 6 WTFs that has 8 of the best players in the world.Nadal has not even won a single one.Poor show for a #1 if you ask me. Speaking about mental blockages lets talk about Djokovic owning Nadal.

Why do you think Rafa falls away in the latter half of the year ?The reason is that most of them are indoor or fast outdoors. Federer is comptent through out the year dutifully makes the finals of all clay masters and gets beaten by Rafa.Rafa is no doubt the better clay court player but Federer is the best tennis player. Also Federer has won 6 WTFs that has 8 of the best players in the world.Nadal has not even won a single one.Poor show for a #1 if you ask me. Speaking about mental blockages lets talk about Djokovic owning Nadal.
Yes. I accept that Rafa has struggled in the latter part of the year. Infact I actually doubt whether he has won anything outside the US open. but, when you tell me that he has picked and chosen his battles then I would not take that. He has played in almost all of these tournaments. The fact remains that he has not reached the latter part of these tournaments and whenever he has, he has been owned by roger. But, as I said, there are not many bigger tournaments of this type. Also, the kind of game Rafa has, he generally has a lot of wear and tear at the end of the year. That might sound as an excuse but it has been the case for quite a while. And when you say that Rafa has not won any WTF, then that's also a bloat on Rafa's career which I am sure would be corrected at some point of time. And as per djoko's mental blockage, let's give that rivalry some more time. Before the last year,Rafa has had a measure of Djoko. It was only the last year that things changed. But looking at the way he played against djoko in the Oz open final this year, I am sure the turn around is just round the corner.

As per records yes. But there are many' date=' who with bated breath do question this.[/quote'] yeah many have begum to question nd jumped on the anti federer bandwagon since he last won his final gs in 2010... but these people dont realise that the guy is well past his prime , he is 30 for god sake, what do people expect he would still dismiss every1 with ease? of course its very difficult,the guy still plays so well even at this age, i know considering his past records, the way he battered most, he is not that good anymore, but hey he still is dismissing some good players in the circuit... without a doubt he is a GOAT....lets see how nadal plays when he`s 30 :dance:

BTW, CHECK OUT THESE VIDEOS WHICH I TOOK. It was a fantastic event this tournament. When Federer came to practice, stadium got empty and there was more people watching his practice than the match on stadium 1 [ame=

feder practicing- Indian wells 2011 - YouTube[/ame] [ame=
signing autographs, 2012 indian wells - YouTube[/ame] [ame=
Mirza signing autographs, indian wells 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Retire?? Are you serious Sooda? I think he still has good 2 seasons left in him. He's not the best' date=' but he's definitely trying to make a comeback here. I hope he goes deep in the olympics.[/quote'] Well I love him and I hope he gets back to something like his old form but he is injury prone these days. Years of grinding out a very physical style of play taking a toll. Maybe if he stays fit for a few months gets matches under his belt I think he can climb back up, to top 20 at least. I hate seeing him lose to random nobodys on tour. The downward spiral started when he got mononucleosis in 2010. He was in great form early part of that season reached the final in Indian Wells and beat Rafa on way to winning at Miami. Then he was struck by illness and went downhill ever since. Im not sure if he can last as long as two seasons, tbh he should call it quits at the end of this season, he should be competing at the business end of tournos and I dont think he can.