Bnp Paribas/atp Miami - 2012

adi B

federer didnt look to be here, he was physically present but not mentally ... but all in all kudos to roodick, he was dicked so many times by the maestro, just feel so good for him :dance: now hopefully del potro,isner,roddick to well

Roddick defeated Federe 2 weeks ago also at Madison square garden. But lot of people won't have have read that as just for fun since it was just one of game for the crowd. Roddick is a real fighter, that's all this victory shows. He is the American version of Lleyton Hewitt. Keep it going Andy

Roddick defeated Federe 2 weeks ago also at Madison square garden. But lot of people won't have have read that as just for fun since it was just one of game for the crowd. Roddick is a real fighter, that's all this victory shows. He is the American version of Lleyton Hewitt. Keep it going Andy
:agree: I like the other hustlers - Nalbandian, Ferrer, Nishikori, Monaco :icflove:

:agree: I like the other hustlers - Nalbandian, Ferrer, Nishikori, Monaco :icflove:
O man Just the other day met Monaco. I was at Panera bread, and he was sitting there with his other mates. He had lost that day and was playing against Leander Paes in doubles the next day. Great person. Nalbandian is a figther for sure. I find him and David Ferrer very similar for some reason. Nishikori has gone to the next level at a great pace. We thought Bernard Tomic would have risen by now, but he sitll has lot to prove. Nishikori is at this time, the most exciting prospect.

O man Just the other day met Monaco. I was at Panera bread, and he was sitting there with his other mates. He had lost that day and was playing against Leander Paes in doubles the next day. Great person. Nalbandian is a figther for sure. I find him and David Ferrer very similar for some reason. Nishikori has gone to the next level at a great pace. We thought Bernard Tomic would have risen by now, but he sitll has lot to prove. Nishikori is at this time, the most exciting prospect.
Nalbandian and Hewitt win this battle of hustlers for me. Ferrer is fast catching up there IMO. I have been a fan of Carlos Moya and he was also pretty good when it came to fighting it out till the end.

Talking about Nalbandian, he played a great match against Nadal in Indian Wells. He'd a great tournament overall. Ferrer is a warrior. My second fav player after Del Po. I generally like those with limited talent, but make the best outta what they got :icflove: I think Kei and Raonic have it in them to be in the top five within a couple of years. Isner is all serve, Raonic is better than just serving out aces.

^ True that. Though I believe Isner is a fast learner, and can hold his place in future and become a better player. Also Mardy Fish. BTW, If the thread starter doesn't mind, I want to change this thread's title to ATP USA - BNP PARIBAS/MIAMI It's good to see more people discussing and knowing tennis. Let's keep this going.

Rod beat Fed at a charity match yeah, but fed then was playing at half pace. Rod later joked that 'he was in Federers head' which I thought was q funny. Fab to see him win, whod have thought, think he plays Del Po next. Like Del Po a lot but I so so hope Rod beats him. About players who are fighters- Rod is a great competitor. The spanish players like Almagro, Ferrer are..but would totally disagree with Nalbandian being a fighter. In fact if he was even remotely fight-y he wouldn't be the largest unfulfilled talent of his generation, possibly even of all time. Probably the most gifted player to have not won a slam. His record against Rafa and Fed is testament to his ability. I was a huge fan of his when he first came on to the scene, he was very unlucky vs Rod in US Open of 03... At his best he was fantastic to watch, great touch and skill but he did not work hard enough on his fitness, probably not that great mentally and a relatively poor serve too let him down. Been unlucky with injuries of late. If he had a bit of Hewitts or Ferrers commitment he'd have been a great of the game.

Still remember watching the close of season indoor tournos in maybe 07, Nalby was just awesome. Hammered both Rafa and Fed in two successive tournos. Sigh. Gasquet is another guy who should have been brilliant. Still hoping for something from him. Will see what he does vs Nole. The turning point for him was that Wimby match vs Murray which he lost after being 2 sets up.

One of the main reasons, Nalb' does well against Nadal is due to his back-hand. It is as good as Djoker's. Agree, Nalb has unfulfilled his potential, but he is still a fighter in my books, not in the levels of Ferrer, Rafter, Hewitt & co but a warrior nevertheless. Speaking of unfulfilled potental, Marcos Baghdatis comes to mind. And before him Paul-Henri Mathieu (had a lot to do with injuries).

you just got served for thinking down of andy roddick :D
well yes, but then he went and lost to Monaco. Frakin hell man Andy. Dont fkin beleive it. 2nd set was lost 6-0, dont know if he carrying an injury . :wall: Now QF's are- Fish V Monaco (how cool would Fish v A Rod have been...) Rafa vs Tsonga Murray vs Tipsarevic Novak vs Ferrer