A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

Guys, How can you explpain Warner's century in this match, which was even slower than Sachin? http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwealth-bank-series-2012/engine/match/518969.html Was he also playing for 100 th 100? How many of you think that Warner was castigated in Australia the way Sachin is being for an innings which is better, though only just, than Warner? There are moments where players misread the situation or they are not at their best, but still manage to hang around. That doesn't mean that they are not looking at the interest of team. As a batsman you try to find a way out of the situation, be it your nervousness or lack of form. Few days ago Jesse Ryder slowed down visibly just before half century while chasing(?) in a T20I. He played some 6-7 dot balls or even more. I guess NZ had lost that match. Even that kind of incidence was attributed to nervousness of Ryder as he was playing. So he attracted some negative comments too. Playing slow is not always for personal milestones. At times it also about mental frames. Sachin most of the time shuts down just before end of sessions in a test match and that is not because he is chasing his 100 th 100 all of those times. Go easy guys. Good that all this media hype is gonna come to an end now.

I am yet to understand why this is disgraceful?? I mean they needed 128 runs off 15 overs, more than 8 rpo, with 7 wickets in hands. Even for arguments sake, we had 20 runs more, what is the guarantee that we would have won? if they chased 128 off last 15 easily they could have chased more. Anyways losing always hurts, no matter when and where, but ppl should first watch the game and see how we bowled in those last 15 overs... Those who watched pitch report and subsequent extra cover show, would agree that everyone thought this was slow pitch and 250 to 270 was good score. There is comparable game against better opposition exactly about year ago. Same thing happened, our batting should/could have gotten us 30 runs more, opposition had to score 127 off 15 overs with 8 wickets in hands. and they did it in the end in the last over. So who lost that game for us?? Bowlers or Batters??
Dude , its not about 20 more runs ..its the intent which was unfortunate . I would have taken a 100 of 50sr if he was struggling , but Tendulkar today was in great touch ..normally would have scored 50 more runs of that many balls . and please , on a subcontinent pitch against Bangladesh its never a 275 pitch for India .
Both are legends, and will always be so Kabira. Dont worry a few banter here and there never hurt anybody. Heck I heard Munni actually likes it rough... :hysterical:
if you want a banter, why don't you go to padosi forum and post your comments there, you will definately have better audience who will be highly appreciative of your banters. try it please. as far as I know this is indian cricket fans forum and I was hoping, fair debate, logical analysis of the team. But it seems ppl are coming out of the hole or waiting for this very moment to post.
if you want a banter' date=' why don't you go to padosi forum and post your comments there, you will definately have better audience who will be highly appreciative of your banters. try it please. as far as I know this is indian cricket fans forum and I was hoping, fair debate, logical analysis of the team. But it seems ppl are coming out of the hole or waiting for this very moment to post.[/quote'] Isnt that a problem right there? We cant have fun with each other? Why so sensitive Kabira-ji?? Although I can see where you are coming from, some serious discussion did get affected, I concede that.

Media has completely buried the fact Sachin played a pivotal role in India losing to Bangladesh. NDTV Hindu Rediff Samchar Firstpost Time of India Not one story on Sachin's greed. Hell its hard enough to find a story saying we lost the match....Utterly disgusting. Maiden in your 90s.....go shoot yourself you dwarf.

Guys, How can you explpain Warner's century in this match, which was even slower than Sachin? http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwealth-bank-series-2012/engine/match/518969.html Was he also playing for 100 th 100? How many of you think that Warner was castigated in Australia the way Sachin is being for an innings which is better, though only just, than Warner? There are moments where players misread the situation or they are not at their best, but still manage to hang around. That doesn't mean that they are not looking at the interest of team. As a batsman you try to find a way out of the situation, be it your nervousness or lack of form. Few days ago Jesse Ryder slowed down visibly just before half century while chasing(?) in a T20I. He played some 6-7 dot balls or even more. I guess NZ had lost that match. Even that kind of incidence was attributed to nervousness of Ryder as he was playing. So he attracted some negative comments too. Playing slow is not always for personal milestones. At times it also about mental frames. Sachin most of the time shuts down just before end of sessions in a test match and that is not because he is chasing his 100 th 100 all of those times. Go easy guys. Good that all this media hype is gonna come to an end now.
Stuart: "20 overs to go. Two set batsmen at the crease but the score reads 132 at Adelaide. Aussies are going to have to bowl well this evening to win from here." Stuart: "Are the Sri Lankans really bowling this well? Warner has survived but he's striking at 73. Surely it's time to chance your arm now Davey, forget about your own score and start targeting those short square boundaries mate!" On the contrary, I reckon Australia are going really well. They'll turn it on after 40, or try to at least Kaustubh: "Warner's innings will cost the Aussies today's game. Just like Dilshan's 160 against India which came of 165 deliveries." Brave call, that. Few comments from commentary
Media has completely buried the fact Sachin played a pivotal role in India losing to Bangladesh. NDTV Hindu Rediff Samchar Firstpost Time of India Not one story on Sachin's greed. Hell its hard enough to find a story saying we lost the match....Utterly disgusting. Maiden in your 90s.....go shoot yourself you dwarf.
TRP ratings But I guess that's a little hard for you to understand
completely buried OR simply not as stupid to believe the irrational?? Luckily the irrational are in the minority.
Why should that be surprising. Which cricket journalist would dare to speak the truth and trash his career in the bin. Plus it gives them the opening to finally pop-up all those stories about 100th 100 that they had in their locker for over a year now :winky:
I have never criticized sachin before for slow innings. Those were within acceptable limits. Today he was going at a strike rate of 50 after 30th over till he got his 100 which was unprofessional.
I say it was perfect. Sums up all our failures the past year or so. He didn't give a **** about the 100th 100 when he made the 99th one. The moronic fanboys and the shameless media started hounding him regarding it. It affected him on the England tour and the australia tour. He also gave a big :finger: to all those losers in Mumbai who only showed up for his 100 against the windies. It was the perfect result. Lowly opponents, lowly bowlers, lowly pitch
Stuart: "20 overs to go. Two set batsmen at the crease but the score reads 132 at Adelaide. Aussies are going to have to bowl well this evening to win from here." Stuart: "Are the Sri Lankans really bowling this well? Warner has survived but he's striking at 73. Surely it's time to chance your arm now Davey, forget about your own score and start targeting those short square boundaries mate!" On the contrary, I reckon Australia are going really well. They'll turn it on after 40, or try to at least Kaustubh: "Warner's innings will cost the Aussies today's game. Just like Dilshan's 160 against India which came of 165 deliveries." Brave call, that. Few comments from commentary
Sorry for being personal. But you have reading comprehension problem if you think that tone of these comments is same as the acerbic posts people made on this forum. First and Third comments are pretty simple. Only second one you can take as some sort if accusing. Where is the comment which declared it as the most disgraceful moment of Australian cricket.
He has a chance to redeem himself in the next match now that "two monkeys" off his back.
Didn't you hear, the next monkey is - 50th ODI 100. Aur allah kay karam se agar se woh ban gaya, then the next milestone would be 51 100s in both format of the game. Aur uskay baad ICF selection panel kay saamney, aagey khelney kee anumati leney ka pressure.
Dude , its not about 20 more runs ..its the intent which was unfortunate . I would have taken a 100 of 50sr if he was struggling , but Tendulkar today was in great touch ..normally would have scored 50 more runs of that many balls . and please , on a subcontinent pitch against Bangladesh its never a 275 pitch for India .
well thats what they said, 250 will be good score, pitch has been repaired by dry grass etc... c'mon dude 290 should be defendable on most pitches. you are not going to score 320s every time, its not just possible. About intent, well I am not defending him at all, I was frustrated as well, if you see he did chance his arm played couple of ugly shots as well. Even Kohli was conceding some dot balls. That passage of play was pathetic, and some intent was needed agreed. But my point is when you have 290 on the board, forget what happened in 1st innings, you are controlling the 2nd innings from look of it until 35th over, but then your bowlers bowl like a ****, now why is that batsman's fault. Also there are so many possibilites, had sachin shown some intent and gotten out, next man was rohit sharma, who hasn't played game for a while, what is the guarantee that he would not have take time to even rotate strike?? He probably would have had same number of dot balls who knows everything is hypothetical. I hope you saw the game. I can see clearly new batsman was having tough time timing hte ball. Only Raina seem to time it. Dhoni, Rohit, Jadeja all were struggling for timing. Everything is hypothetical here, we could very well have had 310-320 runs, but my point is if they chased 290, 310-320 is not far off. They took their chances in power play and against our *****ty pacers, and it paid off.
Sorry for being personal. But you have reading comprehension problem if you think that tone of these comments is same as the acerbic posts people made on this forum. First and Third comments are pretty simple. Only second one you can take as some sort if accusing.
These are cricinfo comments.. only 3 were there.. you need look for it in their forum. Don't think they have an active cricket forum like ICF. The Fanatics website has all the sports and also hardly anyone participates there.
Why should that be surprising. Which cricket journalist would dare to speak the truth and trash his career in the bin. Plus it gives them the opening to finally pop-up all those stories about 100th 100 that they had in their locker for over a year now :winky:
Oh Sir, you don't know india media LOL Match ka Mujrim kaun?
Arre meri Zohra Beghum' date= hum to tumhare side mein hain. Humpe kyun gussa??? Starting today anything you write that delves into scientific would be brahm-vakya. Ekdam talwaar-bhaala lekar nikal loonga. Since your pagli bahan - Munni Bai - insists on ghar jalaa doonga..I say between me and bari bi we have you fully covered. Bolo when do we attack the credibility of CERN labs? And should I wear a helmet that day...:dance:
bahut ho gayi nautanki aur lafandargiri. agar auqat hai, then learn to debate within the context. In this thread, you jumped on my post with "helmet reply". leave the helmet ka debate, helmet kay thread mein, aur professorgiri ka debate uss thread mein. iss thread ki post pay jirah karni hai tou proper reply kar, nahi to apney kanchey daba aur nikal le patli gali se.