A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

Who cares about the context, especially on ICF. Did you care about the context of 100th 100 that have been building up for over a year? Does anyone of you can even fathom what could have been going through his mind. (apart from superficial statement - was thinking about 100th ton) Have you been in a phase of life when everything you are trying - is just not working and even your kaamwaali, newspaper man is asking you questions? Are you willing to give him benefit of doubt, that he is allowed to have nervous/anxious moments. ( btw he was still not playing with dead bat, many of the shots went straight to the fielders). So, like many of the folks jumping on the window of 10-20 deliveries out of ~40000+ of his 22 y.o. career - to label as "most disgraceful moment in cricketing history (~100 years)"... I did not care which context your statement belonged to, I found it funny to read the isolated childish comment and called it out.
If he felt pressure then why he says he does not play for milestones. I never said he should make 100th 100. Team win was more important for me. Look I have never reacted that much to any loss before in the last 1 year than this. Yes We could still have won if bowlers had bowled well, but we let the chance drift to keep BD completely out of the game by scoring 330. Loss against big is not a shock, but losses like these against minnows certainly do. .
Your tweets to all celebrities/former players/journalists testifies that :giggle:
Yaar..Those just came out in frustration. It was just heat of the moment. I am one who preferred Indian win rather than 100 and the kind of play happened yesterday between 30-40 over, it certainly will frustrate any.. It was bang your head in the wall time. You know when you think it is time to accelerate as RR was under 5 and only then your premier batsman started playing maiden and dot balls, trying to take singles rather than playing big shots as there were wickets in hand, wont it be frustrating whether it was SRT playing or any other batsman would have been batting instead if him does not matter. I was not watching the match, was busy in work, but suddenly I saw RR dropping, Tendulkar slowed down and that too till his 100 completed that riled me up. PS: And also your personal attack on me wasn't fair. I never ask anyone to do me favor on twitter unless some one is my friend. I ask people to do favors for others. Like I am doing it for Rehan Khan. I had talk with Gaurav Kalra, CNN-IBN. He gave me his e-mail id. I had sent him a detailed e-mail about Rehan Khan and possibly very soon, they will be showing a report on him and Anil Kumble is their cricket expert. It is possible that Kumble get to know about Rehan from them during this.
If he felt pressure then why he says he does not play for milestones. I never said he should make 100th 100. Team win was more important for me. Look I have never reacted that much to any loss before in the last 1 year than this. Yes We could still have won if bowlers had bowled well, but we let the chance drift to keep BD completely out of the game by scoring 330. Loss against big is not a shock, but losses like these against minnows certainly do. .
Because there is a truth to that. 100th ton was on, right after 99th. Do you recall any selfish play from WC QF/SF/Finals.. or even England Series? or first two matches of OZ.. or any execution of selfish powers to play England ODIs at home/away, WI away series, WI ODIs at home? He could have surely managed to squeeze in at least two of these series? Due to various reasons, some bad luck and unfortunately long wait, this one got out of hand, and he did what it had to be done - when yesterday he realized he is in a position to get done with it - without severely affecting the winning chances. Milestones/goals have a purpose. I would recommend some research / reading on that. But it does not mean sportsmen of passion play only for milestones. They are kind of checkpoints to refocus, reassess & regroup for onward journey - and happen to be some fancy round mathematical figures.
Because there is a truth to that. 100th ton was on, right after 99th. Do you recall any selfish play from WC QF/SF/Finals.. or even England Series? or first two matches of OZ.. or any execution of selfish powers to play England ODIs at home/away, WI away series, WI ODIs at home? He could have surely managed to squeeze in at least two of these series? Due to various reasons, some bad luck and unfortunately long wait, this one got out of hand, and he did what it had to be done - when yesterday he realized he is in a position to get done with it - without severely affecting the winning chances. Milestones/goals have a purpose. I would recommend some research / reading on that. But it does not mean sportsmen of passion play only for milestones. They are kind of checkpoints to refocus, reassess & regroup for onward journey - and happen to be some fancy round mathematical figures.
Ab to ho gayi 100th 100 yaar but if team had won it would have been so much much better. Saare bowlers ko tadipar kar do...290 defend nahi huye against 502 pataka BD.:((
Ab to ho gayi 100th 100 yaar but if team had won it would have been so much much better. Saare bowlers ko tadipar kar do...290 defend nahi huye against 502 pataka BD.:((
That's what I said elsewhere, glad that this happened in some useless match. At least we wont have to put up with this hype in more important matches. On the flip side, I hope selectors/BCCI do not share this opinion that 2 overs of slow batting cost us the match (or get overjoyed by the 100th ton). Otherwise they would see no wrong in the bowling attack, loss. And we will continue to see more embarrassing losses.
That's what I said elsewhere, glad that this happened in some useless match. At least we wont have to put up with this hype in more important matches. On the flip side, I hope selectors/BCCI do not share this opinion that 2 overs of slow batting cost us the match (or get overjoyed by the 100th ton). Otherwise they would see no wrong in the bowling attack, loss. And we will continue to see more embarrassing losses.
Be sure BCCI is not going to anything about anything. They are sleeping elephants, but never wake up.
Why is this thread not being locked even after so much of hate being directed at each other? Don't the Admins of the site have the balls and common sense to lock this fu I am personally against locking/deleting threads, especially when people are in their truest colors.

Here is The Outsider's rating for all Indian players in yesterday's match: [The Outsider] Tendulkar - 0/10 [/The Outsider] In case we had won the match then the ratings would have been like this: [The Outsider] Gambhir - 10/10 Kohli - 10/10 Raina - 10/10 Dhoni - 10/10 Rohit - 10/10 Jadeja - 10/10 Irfan - 10/10 Ashwin - 10/10 PK - 10/10 Dinda - 10/10 [/The Outsider]

India 164/1 SR Tendulkar 83* (108b 8x4 1x6) 33.1 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.0 kph, taps it down towards mid-off and refuses the single 33.2 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 125.7 kph, pushed to Shakib at mid-off again and this time he has to scamper back, sign of nerves finally? 33.3 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.0 kph, clipped hard down to mid-on and he can't pinch a single here 33.4 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, slashed and just short of point! Nervy moment for Sachin, well stopped in the end 33.5 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.7 kph, gets on the front foot and pushes it to cover 33.6 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 126.4 kph, and it's a maiden! Clipped hard to mid-on, he's trying to get it away but can't pinch the single
But but what is he suppose to do? Who would not do like that if confronted with scoring 100th 100? Cricket is all about milestones and what Sachin does. Ind is just a team that Sachin happens to play for :dontknow:

Be moderate guys in both criticism and appreciation guys.The comments here are on either extemes.Even i was angry initially but we must think before we damn sachin. Sachin slowed down to get his hundred,he himself admitted it.he wanted it out of the way.It was a mistake. But that does not mean he does'nt care about the team.Against a team like bangladesh he can be forgiven for thinking that 280-290 is a par score.So let's just leave it at that and move on.