Lara V Tendulkar

Ind 81 all out :((
You must admit we were sold down the river by more than just 1 umpiring decision. Also, allowing Kuruvilla to ball (to get his 5 wicket hall) cost us crucial runs. Lara, I guess, captained the team for an injured Walsh and Ian Bishop, Franklyn Rose tore apart the line up. The no-balls by the WI umpire (Sincer Barker?) were questionable.
You must admit we were sold down the river by more than just 1 umpiring decision. Also' date=' allowing Kuruvilla to ball (to get his 5 wicket hall) cost us crucial runs. Lara, I guess, captained the team for an injured Walsh and Ian Bishop, Franklyn Rose tore apart the line up. The no-balls by the WI umpire (Sincer Barker?) were questionable.[/quote'] It was sad. I have seen some horrible decisions by our umpires so I would take it as a factor that evened out in "those" days (i think there was one neutral and one local umpire). In that famous Kol test, I was sure the umpire would eventually raise his finger at something hitting the pad when the last few overs were remaining. Jaiprakesh is my fav umpire though esp. with Kumble bowling :dance: .... But yeah, we should have won that test There was a hint of uneven bounce but seeing that clip I don't know how these guys would have handled something like bodyline :dontknow:

Sachintards: "Tendulkar looked in great touch, looks most comfortable but just not getting runs" SachinHaters: Oh look at Sachintards resorting to 'looking good', he didn't score the runs, he failed SachinHaters after discovering Lara's number's have nothing on Sachin: "When in full flow, Lara is the greatest" Oh you funny people

Sachintards: "Tendulkar looked in great touch, looks most comfortable but just not getting runs" SachinHaters: Oh look at Sachintards resorting to 'looking good', he didn't score the runs, he failed SachinHaters after discovering Lara's number's have nothing on Sachin: "When in full flow, Lara is the greatest" Oh you funny people
lol .. another one Sachintards Before 100th 100: "Tendulkar is not selfish and never played any selfish innings" :yay::yay: Sachintards After 100th 100: "Ok. Only 100th 100 is selfish that too bcoz of the hype created" :nervous::nervous:
6A9PwyrNc60&feature=related Ind 81 all out :((
This match and the Chennai Test against Pakis in 99 are the ones that hurt me the most. Chasing 120 we only needed one half century to get the job done and we couldn't do it, and against Pakis we only needed someone to carry on with Tendulkar. That brain-fart from Mongia when the win was for the taking is the reason his career ended soon after.
This match and the Chennai Test against Pakis in 99 are the ones that hurt me the most. Chasing 120 we only needed one half century to get the job done and we couldn't do it' date=' and against Pakis we only needed someone to carry on with Tendulkar. That brain-fart from Mongia when the win was for the taking is the reason his career ended soon after.[/quote'] I think both Tendulkar-Mongia wanted to finish off that game before the ball started reversing.
What about his record of falling in 90's and mentally breaking down under pressure? Lack of match winning innings under pressure? If Lara had played from 16 to 40's he would have a superior record. Records don't matter. How they come do.
Is this thread about Lara??? Or is this a comparison thread??? If it is then continue otherwise STFU and take your retarded theories to the thread you created for this purpose.
Yet he was still scoring and leading a lone battle with breaktaking counter attacking innings. Didn't crumble under pressure and captaincy. Can't say the same for Tindu as much.
Did you not have the opportunity of discussing the same at length in various other threads? If not I suggest, find those threads out and engage in some interesting discussions going on there. It does not make sense to start the same discussion in every thread about Tendulkar. This is a thread about Tendulkar's psssible upcoming records. Lets keep it to that.
give examples. i'll give counter examples from tendu's career.
He made a double century V Aus in Jamaica in late 90's. He was captaining at team that had lost many tests in a row. Was a great innings under pressure and he was the lone scorer with adams. 400* v England. May be a flat pitch but to make it look so easy and effortless to reach the highest test score is in itself a skill. England were completely deflated, never seen so much control from a batsman. He kept picking the bowlers off in all directions. 153 v Aus. Discussed previously. In a single test v SL he scored over 300 runs and 60% of the teams runs in 2000. The way he dominated Murali in home conditions was amazing. Sure there is more.. Just from watching the guy all this time I felt he never succumbed to pressure, whereas with Tendu I see it all the time but can't recall specific things. Remember he kept getting out in 90's, even Monty got him in an ODI in 90's. Tendu lacks the mental strength of Lara and Lara's superior hand eye co-ordination. Tendu has better record due to being more patient and milestone orientated as well as longevity. In ODI Tendu is better but not in tests for me. Lara any day.
Did you not have the opportunity of discussing the same at length in various other threads? If not I suggest, find those threads out and engage in some interesting discussions going on there. It does not make sense to start the same discussion in every thread about Tendulkar. This is a thread about Tendulkar's psssible upcoming records. Lets keep it to that.
Yeah. Sorry I will stop now. Deathmonger don't respond to my post which I just posted on Lara's innings.