Lara V Tendulkar

Barry Richards: "Lara is a better batsman than Sachin simply because he tends to score big whenever he plays against teams like Australia and South Africa and the stats actually support it. Lara has scored three 200's against the Aussies 2 of which have come in Australia and apart from that he has a test record of 375 as well whereas Sachin has a couple of 200's against New Zealand and Zimbabwe and that too in India."

He is my favourite bowler, more chance he will beat the **** out of you when he sees your disgusting avatar :mad: Maybe you can ask Praveen for help, more likely he will threaten again to put a stump up an indian fans ass :cantstop:
Why would Praveen threaten you? :dontknow: I completely forgot about my avatar :giggle: I thought you would like it :dontknow:

England off-spinner Graeme Swann says that West Indies legend Brian Lara is the finest batsman he has ever bowled at, better than Indian maestro Sachin Tendulkar. If Bradman played today he'd be the best in the world. If Brian Lara had played 100 years ago, he would have been the best, a leading daily quoted Swann, as saying. http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/tendulkar-has-all-the-records-but-lara-is-better-swann_732258.html

Lara was better. He had the ability to dominate once he's set. Sachin maybe more consistent, but Lara was exciting and made quality bowlers look ordinary. + He scored big when he got in. Sachin't hadn't scored a double hundred for a considerable period of his career.

Lara for me. Not necessarily as a great player but as a personal favourite.
Same, what flair, glad I got to watch him from mid 90's onwards. Very attacking and not scared to attack bowlers throughout his entire career. A champion batsmen should be able to dominate with this skill and play under pressure.
Lara was better. He had the ability to dominate once he's set. Sachin maybe more consistent' date=' but Lara was exciting and made quality bowlers look ordinary. + He scored big when he got in. Sachin't hadn't scored a double hundred for a considerable period of his career.[/quote'] Yeah exactly. Stats don't tell you the entire story. Lara was more talented and you could see that from watching him and how he could deflate bowlers, no one else can. But unlike Sachin, he didn't have the consistency because he was quite free flowing, whereas Tindu put a price on his wicket for his team/milestones.
England off-spinner Graeme Swann says that West Indies legend Brian Lara is the finest batsman he has ever bowled at, better than Indian maestro Sachin Tendulkar. If Bradman played today he'd be the best in the world. If Brian Lara had played 100 years ago, he would have been the best, a leading daily quoted Swann, as saying. http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/tendulkar-has-all-the-records-but-lara-is-better-swann_732258.html
I always listen to former players views, better than statsguru. McGrath, Murali all rate Lara a touch higher.
old article , but not noticed.. Time for sachinstas to attack swann for not rating sachin better than anyone else :icflove: