The Official Rajasthan Royals fans club.

Sir john

well if you average nearly 42 with the bat is bad form' date=' then i would love to know what his good form is.[/quote'] Did you watch the matches? Rahane had a lot of difficulties and struggled constantly. Using data everytime does not work in sports (cricket)

Did you watch the matches? Rahane had a lot of difficulties and struggled constantly. Using data everytime does not work in sports (cricket)
He will get better. Its important to get him into form..you just can't drop a player who has done good for the franchise after few matches. That too after playing a crucial knock against KXIP and this is the early stage.

Did you watch the matches? Rahane had a lot of difficulties and struggled constantly. Using data everytime does not work in sports (cricket)
to be fair everybody in the last match from the RR top order batting barring watson failed. I thought that 34 was a brilliant innings as per circumstance and pitch. Even the 37 he got v KKR, that pitch was very bowler friendly and he looked in good touch. I just dont think he is out of form at all. Maybe he does not have the form of last ipl when he was in super touch. But i dont think you can call this bad form.

Excellent performance by them. But what a stupid owner*, Raj is. He talked about how MI is the Machester United. That's wrong as MI has yet to even win the IPL once, forget domination. Then, he said winning over MI is like winning the cup. That's very small time from him. *- Actually, he is a just small shareholder not the owner.

i dont think rr have that many direct supporters but are probably everybody's second or third fav team. Not come across anybody who hates RR with a passion compared to say CSK who probably 60% of IPL fans hate. The way i see it RR need 5 wins from 11 matches to go through to the playoffs. 6 matches away from home and 5 matches at home. Me thinks Rajasthan need to put away the likes of Delhi Pune and Sunrisers at home. Those matches on form you would expect RR to win. Many times RR have got of to a great start only to fall flat towards the end.

They always fall flat except for the first season :((
i think its a bit like when india won the 2007 T20 world cup. the format was new and most did not know what to expect. Thats when strategies mattered the most and RR came out on top due to warne. the fact is if RR reach the knockouts it will be a tremendous effort.

BIG TIME!
Yep. I guess in IPL, you need to have 2 different strategies, one for home and another for away. RR do struggle away and thus they need to change their combination and general settings for these away matches. It will be interesting to see tomorrow if they did learn.

why were they trying to fix what aint broke?both Cooper n Chavan were doing so well n would have contributed in batting as well.bad decision to drop both these guys Shah can replace Hodge.
Well, that's bad from you. They have constantly changed their team this season in terms of pitches. Hadn't worked badly for them. Having a consistent team does not mean results. You can change the team every time given IPL teams have such a big squad. But it's important to get these changes right. Although, I would argue, RR team's yesterday was very good and thoughtful. But they batted first and that changed everything. They had a great idea of using Tait and Faulkner against Gayle & co. It's their batsman who lacked the patience and played some bad shots to get out.

why were they trying to fix what aint broke?both Cooper n Chavan were doing so well n would have contributed in batting as well.bad decision to drop both these guys Shah can replace Hodge.
Cooper was a bad move but the pitch had some pace and Tait was bowling pies to Gayle and co. either wides or half volleys. It was the batting that let down the team yesterday. Shah scored a 19 ball 50 along with Rahane's 103 last year in B'lore. I don't see why he isn't getting a game. Would get into any T20 side ahead of Hodge.
Yep. I guess in IPL' date= you need to have 2 different strategies, one for home and another for away. RR do struggle away and thus they need to change their combination and general settings for these away matches. It will be interesting to see tomorrow if they did learn.
+1 -They rely on pace at home and in away game they usually have flat tracks in places such as Mumbai, B'lore and dusty ones at Chennai and Eden. They need batsmen like Shah on pitches as flat as these. Can't rely on Watson everytime just like they did with Rahane last year.

Cooper was a bad move but the pitch had some pace and Tait was bowling pies to Gayle and co. either wides or half volleys. It was the batting that let down the team yesterday. Shah scored a 19 ball 50 along with Rahane's 103 last year in B'lore. I don't see why he isn't getting a game. Would get into any T20 side ahead of Hodge.
thats the thing.thier batting is already thin n they depleted it further.Cooper n Chavan also provide batting depth to them.we had Chandila batting at 7 yesterday. agree about Shah.maybe they need to have RD opening n Watto in MO too.