India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

Can anybody has frigging idea why Suresh Raina is in this team? By now, it is almost proven that Raina is not a test bat. Why keep pushing him? No picking Rohit is another stupid decision. They keep playing him in ODI's and 20-20's but don't give him a chance in test matches. When he had played for India A during Australia's tour of India, he scored that scintillating 100. However, for me, biggest mistake is selection of Raina in this team.

This will be the first XI for the 1st test:- Sehwag,Gambhir,Pujara,Sachin,Kohli,Yuvraj,Dhoni(C & Wk), Ashwin,Ojha,Zaheer,Umesh. Reserves:-Rahane,Raina,Harbhajan,Ishant. My pick would've been:-Rahane,Mukund,Pujara,Sachin,Kohli,Mandeep, Dhoni(C & Wk),Ashwin,Ojha,Zaheer,Umesh. Reserves:-Vijay,Rohit/Yuvraj(he's in good form & can offer handy spinning option), Harbhajan,Shami.Though it doesn't matter.......:((

tbh, I'm fine with this selection as we do not have a strong bench so as to expect a world class A team. The new panel tread a fine line between trying in-form players and rewarding consistent ranji performers from last year. Now we do not know the status of a few injured players like Shami but they can always make adjustments for the BP XI side. The only real competition is for the number 6 batting slot for the test side (between yuvi and raina unfortunately).... if yuvi can grab a few wkts then he should be ahead!

This is dumb, not picking any spinners. Even if you didn't want to expose your front line spinners like Ashwin or Ohja, why not Chawla or even Harby? Next time we viisit there or Aus what if they retaliate by giving us 4 trundlers or even spinners? Good to see Mukund back in the mix. Rayudu definitely deserves a look, not as just a replacement. Rohit like others have said is more suited for the longer form and not T20s or even ODIs.

No Mandeep and they pick Vijay, Dhawan, Tiwary. :facepalm: Even Menaria ahead of Mandeep is a surprise. I can understand not picking Chand but not Mandeep! :mad: Harbhajan's already in main XI Im assuming
Certain Vijay,Tiwary amassed runs for fun in the past month or so.. Mandeep Singh scored a 193 and did nothing in the remaining 5 innings... Failed in Duleep trophy match as well! Serves right I guess
Certain Vijay' date='Tiwary amassed runs for fun in the past month or so.. Mandeep Singh scored a 193 and did nothing in the remaining 5 innings... Failed in Duleep trophy match as well! Serves right I guess[/quote'] Yeah they may have got runs for fun but Dhawan, Vijay are chit. And Menaria only had that 1 big innings, failed in Duleep Trophy as well. Outscored in NZ as well so :finger: Anyway great to see Yuvi there. Im sure he will beat Raina for No.6. :dance:
This is dumb' date=' not picking any spinners. Even if you didn't want to expose your front line spinners like Ashwin or Ohja, why not Chawla or even Harby? [b']Next time we viisit there or Aus what if they retaliate by giving us 4 trundlers or even spinners?
England has been doing that for years anyway. Counties regularly put up their second XIs against touring sides to prevent injuries to their main players.

Yea I don't understand this whining about India not getting equally good warm-up games IF we don't play a top spinner in the warm ups against England..... All boards pick and chose warm up squads based on strategies to help the local side (iirc england played a somerset team on a flat lifeless pitch against us to nullify Zak and co at the start of the tour)... Perhaps the selectors want our top spinners to play in the ranji games against more qualified players of spin rather than waste them against this english batting line-up Let's give the new committee at least a couple of series before we smash their policies as more of the same... the very fact that they have started differently is encouraging for me.

@MichaelVaughan on Twitter

India to play no Spinners against England in the A team Warm up game...If that's what the game has come 2???? Pathetic tactics ... I don't think its in the Spirit of game... Prepare wickets which suit your team (spinning tracks) that's should be enough... Poor form !!! India's tactics are terrible for the game...It's taking home advantage to a new level... Other teams might follow... Poor form...!
Michael Vaughan at it once again!
This is dumb' date=' not picking any spinners. Even if you didn't want to expose your front line spinners like Ashwin or Ohja, why not Chawla or even Harby? Next time we [b']viisit there or Aus what if they retaliate by giving us 4 trundlers or even spinners? Good to see Mukund back in the mix. Rayudu definitely deserves a look, not as just a replacement. Rohit like others have said is more suited for the longer form and not T20s or even ODIs.
They know it wouldn't really make any difference with us. :giggle:
No spinners and Eng are sure to be pissed about that.
English 'scholars' are pissed on twitter. :cantstop: