India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

If you actually read my post it's clear I am emphasising that this is not a knee jerk reaction. The way I see it both Kohli and UV have had plenty of time to make an impact at crucial match points and both failed throughout the series.
the last series Kohli played before this one was against New Zealand - he played 3 innings and scored one century and 2 half centuries. Before that series he played against Aus where he was one of the very few Indian batsmen to play well. Now just because he has not played well in 5 innings you want to drop him :hatsoff:
the last series Kohli played before this one was against New Zealand - he played 3 innings and scored one century and 2 half centuries. Before that series he played against Aus where he was one of the very few Indian batsmen to play well. Now just because he has not played well in 5 innings you want to drop him :hatsoff:
Yeah I do actually. NZ are crap. What he did in Aus was good but the time has come to select our best team for this series. Simple as that. There are plenty of players who are not playing who would have scored more.
:facepalm: at kneejerk reactions. So, a player, who was our best bat 3 tests ago, is not allowed to fail for a few innings as well.
Like I said he will make it as a test cricketer. But we must select the best team always. Kohli has shown in this test series he is struggling on flat decks in particular v eng bowling. We have plenty of flat track bullies who would thrive in such conditions e.g Jaffer. A series victory is the most important thing to me and not allowing England a first victory since 1984-85. Not "backing a player" or "hurting his confidence" this should mean nothing. He should be strong enough mentally to handle it and if anything he will come back stronger after reflection. Tiwary deserves a go as does Rahane. Likes of Viru and GG in appaling form have STILL been able to score in this series. Kohli and UV have been walking wickets. UV made 70 odd but when it matters he doesn't look the part.
Like I said he will make it as a test cricketer. But we must select the best team always. Kohli has shown in this test series he is struggling on flat decks in particular v eng bowling. We have plenty of flat track bullies who would thrive in such conditions e.g Jaffer. A series victory is the most important thing to me and not allowing England a first victory since 1984-85. Not "backing a player" or "hurting his confidence" this should mean nothing. He should be strong enough mentally to handle it. Tiwary deserves a go as does Rahane. Likes of Viru and GG in appaling form have STILL been able to score in this series. Kohli and UV have been walking wickets. UV made 70 odd but when it matters he doesn't look the part.
One series he's your best batsman, next series he fails in 5 innings and you drop him..............and then you say that he will make it as a test batsman....
Like I said he will make it as a test cricketer. But we must select the best team always. Kohli has shown in this test series he is struggling on flat decks in particular v eng bowling. We have plenty of flat track bullies who would thrive in such conditions e.g Jaffer. A series victory is the most important thing to me and not allowing England a first victory since 1984-85. Not "backing a player" or "hurting his confidence" this should mean nothing. He should be strong enough mentally to handle it and if anything he will come back stronger after reflection. Tiwary deserves a go as does Rahane. Likes of Viru and GG in appaling form have STILL been able to score in this series. Kohli and UV have been walking wickets. UV made 70 odd but when it matters he doesn't look the part.
So do you think that dropping a player for not being able to score for 4 innings would give him the neccessary confidence to develop as a test player? Too much chopping and changing does not lead you anywhere.
One series he's your best batsman' date=' next series he fails in 5 innings and you drop him..............and then you say that he will make it as a test batsman....[/quote'] He has shown enough to suggest he will..in the end! But right now if I was a selector a series win at all costs would be most important thing. Kohli has shown he doesn't quite know what to do in this series. Finds ways to get himself out.
So do you think that dropping a player for not being able to score for 4 innings would give him the neccessary confidence to develop as a test player? Too much chopping and changing does not lead you anywhere.
Should make you more hungrier. It's early days and can't take it for granted that he is an established member yet. If someone like Viru was dropped in the past, why not Kohli? Viru came back better. Look at Raina's attitude. I don't think it's too much chopping and changing. 2 batsmen changing, one of which is a no6 batsmen which has been a revolving door. I would also argue you do more harm keeping someone in the team who is struggling. Ishant anyone? 45 tests and did he get better? You need to give people time out. People like Viru, GG can handle being dropped or playing while they struggle-they are experienced enough to handle both. Persisting with young peole struggling in an unknown format damages them more.
Should make you more hungrier. It's early days and can't take it for granted that he is an established member yet. If someone like Viru was dropped in the past, why not Kohli? Viru came back better. Look at Raina's attitude. I don't think it's too much chopping and changing. 2 batsmen changing, one of which is a no6 batsmen which has been a revolving door. I would also argue you do more harm keeping someone in the team who is struggling. Ishant anyone? 45 tests and did he get better? You need to give people time out.
Sehwag failed for an year or so sir! How on earth can you compare the 2 situations. The #6 is revolving coz it has been a walking wicket. I can bet you if Raina would have shown any temperament, he would have been persisted.