England vs South Africa 2012

A West Indian fan from cricinfo following cricket for a long long time says: "Test cricket is dying if people can't see that here after the hype this series has had with the promise of some serious bowling from South Africa's best bowling attack headed by the best fast bowler in the world your head is in the sand. Fast bowling battles in Test cricket that I grew up watching are now extinct, listening to Atherton commentating only reminded me of watching his day1 battles v Donald some 10 yrs ago, It's not that Steyn is any slower than Donald or Morkel is not similar to an Ambrose there is just nothing for these fast bowlers anymore nothing ! the excitement of watching those day 1 battles in Test cricket are over It's just not anyway near as interesting or exciting to watch as it used to be and it's sad. There is just no balance anymore this is summed up by Cook now clearing Steyn for 6 easily without either middling or timing the ball sorry but the balance between bat and ball is so far gone now it's depressing me as a cricket fan."

diff here is its not competitive it was boring ..it was boring and u know one team in total control in boring way not even 4 and 6's u expected much more form steyn and co no ? even if its batting wicket u expect atleast few good overs ..good balls batting lil difficult
I explained this earlier, you cannot have all sessions that are competitive. Look at the overall picture once the match/series ends. That requires genuine patience with test cricket, not analysis & results of the first two sessions of a test series. Boring or not is a personal feeling, most would find Picasso's work boring but it doesn't make it rubbish. Eden Gardens 2001 was also a lot of sessions dominated (and not competitive) by either team but the end result was great cricket, no ? Or maybe some prefer CSK vs whatever.
I explained this earlier, you cannot have all sessions that are competitive. Look at the overall picture once the match/series ends. That requires genuine patience with test cricket, not analysis & results of the first two sessions of a test series. Boring or not is a personal feeling, most would find Picasso's work boring but it doesn't make it rubbish. Eden Gardens 2001 was also a lot of sessions dominated (and not competitive) by either team but the end result was great cricket, no ? Or maybe some prefer CSK vs whatever.
let me explain again...bowling was average... really average and batting safe if i was english fan i would have been entertained but this doesn ot qualifies as hard fought cricket which makes test cricket so good bowling side was not looking at 100 percent it was going through the motions type of cricket.. clearer ? trust me im fan of test cricket but its not rate of scoring which is making it boring infact its pretty good ... i actually cant put my finger on it..lets say it was like india bowling :rofl:

^ But ups & downs are part & parcel of test cricket and so are dull draws, although the latter are not recommended. The very fact that some of you are complaining about bowling on day 1 leading to boring cricket indicates your expectations are insane, which makes some of us wonder if you are fans of test cricket as claimed. You pick one test series that you call the greatest of all time and i'll easily pick a day or two, often day 1 of a certain test from that series which was of similar nature. Deal ?

^ But ups & downs are part & parcel of test cricket and so are dull draws, although the latter are not recommended. The very fact that some of you are complaining about bowling on day 1 leading to boring cricket indicates your expectations are insane, which makes some of us wonder if you are fans of test cricket as claimed. You pick one test series that you call the greatest of all time and i'll easily pick a day or two, often day 1 of a certain test from that series which was of similar nature. Deal ?
Deal. India in England 2011. Not a single day was boring - you lose. :beee:

styen best fast bowler of this generation went wicketsless, philander who averages 15 went wicketless, they are bowling in england, this like watchin F1 ferrari going at the top speed of maruti 800 at monacco Gran prix, hardly exciting.

maybe yes im not fan of test cricket.. i honestly as a neutral cant like days like this ...cant change that :cantstop: my fav would be every one's fav ashes 2005 :P and last test series between india and south africa yes i do like there bowlers dominate a bit but u said hard fought..cricket wht was hard fought today ? :\ yes its day one but match is taking pacei n england...world;s best batting line up it normally does does a bit and u expect south africa to atleast compete even with score card liek today u expect it owuld ve been hard fought thats it.. nothing u say will change the fact it looked like going through motions ..i wasnt really hard fought :winky:
styen best fast bowler of this generation went wicketsless' date=' philander who averages 15 went wicketless, they are bowling in england, this like watchin F1 ferrari going at the top speed of maruti 800 at monacco Gran prix, hardly exciting.[/quote'] lol ya something like that :haha:
Either SA looks badly undercooked or they have no idea how to bowl in English conditions...... And lesser said about England, the better. They are in strong position right now but their cricket is boring, on a flat flat pitch guys like Trott and Cook are defending/leaving half volleys. I would rather watch Sehwag belting pacers on a flat pitch than this.
That is because you like quik cricket like T20 and One dayers This is Test Cricket

sabbu dhakkan i keep telling you look at it from the match/series perspective and not 2-3 sessions. If you're not capable of that, test cricket isn't for you. Do you judge ICF by the thread on top, the one run by Sarkar on BCCI's shame etc or go through the various discussions before judging forum quality ?

sabbu dhakkan i keep telling you look at it from the match/series perspective and not 2-3 sessions. If you're not capable of that' date=' test cricket isn't for you.[/quote'] Test Cricket is an aquired taste. I aquired at age 7 going with my uncle But I have had 40 years of pain until, now:dance: