England vs South Africa 2012

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-england-2012/content/story/550016.html
Make no mistake: Pakistan are still in the stronger position. The largely self-inflicted damage England suffered on the first day may prove too serious to recover from, and a lead of 96 with power to add is not to be underestimated. Yet, when Pakistan look back on the second day, they will surely reflect that they squandered a wonderful opportunity to put this game beyond England's reach. Indeed, it is just possible that Pakistan have surrendered their best opportunity of winning the series.
:hysterical: priceless gem from doormat on 2nd day of 1st test vs Pakistan... the jizzing and drooling on England would put a teenager's wetdream to shame

Is Strauss' time up? http://www.wisdenindia.com/is-strausss-time-up

He may well score runs in India later this year (he averages 54.33 there), and he could well prosper against New Zealand home and away in the New Year. But if he were then to come unstuck against an improving Australian attack at home and then away, would that represent a failure on FlowerÃÔ part to foresee future roadblocks? Flower, to be fair, is a hard man a tough and uncompromising competitor as a player capable of making difficult decisions, and he will need to as the Strauss situation is the obvious starting point to where England go next.

Interestingly, IF he stays for India series, I don't think KP will be selected. If he steps down, then England will be coming to India with another new face in their line-up, and with the likelihood of playing two spinners it will be very different looking squad to the one they played in Sri Lanka.

Interestingly, IF he stays for India series, I don't think KP will be selected. If he steps down, then England will be coming to India with another new face in their line-up, and with the likelihood of playing two spinners it will be very different looking squad to the one they played in Sri Lanka.
I think he will select KP soon. Strauss is not the egoistic type. KP may not be selected for T20 - thanks to the barbie doll.
Touring teams used to spend the whole of May playing county matches before the Test series started in June. Sports science has found a lot of ways of reducing the time needed for preparation, but there is still no substitute for some actual match-play.
This is even more damning on England's performance, considering they have been playing Tests and ODIs since mid-April in their home conditions.

The Strauss habit is to usually go unnoticed for ages without scoring anything then make a hundred against some jokers when people actually notice. Fairly obvious he is on borrowed time as his redeeming feature as a kuptaan is how robotic he is. Plus there is the obvious next captain and the whole world knows. But I do not know much of the top order bats coming through, Joe Root and Varun Chopra I have seen mentioned here and there, plus an oldie like Carberry.