I iz a daddy (A princess is born)!!!!

Roshanrocks

****... getting engaged next month.. am all jittery and buttery inside... and I login to ICF to see this thread... me? A father? The last thing I imagined myself to be... Congrats all here... make no mistake I love babies... I have a nephew of mine just born whom I love ardently... But just can't imagine myself as a parent.. ****... any new fathers who overcame their fears can pls guide me? I know for sure a little tot is certainly atleast 2 years away but just want to overcome this asap...

****... getting engaged next month.. am all jittery and buttery inside... and I login to ICF to see this thread... me? A father? The last thing I imagined myself to be... Congrats all here... make no mistake I love babies... I have a nephew of mine just born whom I love ardently... But just can't imagine myself as a parent.. ****... any new fathers who overcame their fears can pls guide me? I know for sure a little tot is certainly atleast 2 years away but just want to overcome this asap...
Why are you scared of babiez :hmmm:

Why are you scared of babiez :hmmm:
Am scared about this whole business of settling down.... Not that am a party animal or anything... nor that I bring a new girl home every weekend... but just that the concept of being a family man... how it can take away the freedom I've so long cherished a bachelor, is giving me the creepies... I've utmost respect for the institution called marriage and grihastha.. but just don't know how to prepare for it.. positively freaked out...

Am scared about this whole business of settling down.... Not that am a party animal or anything... nor that I bring a new girl home every weekend... but just that the concept of being a family man... how it can take away the freedom I've so long cherished a bachelor, is giving me the creepies... I've utmost respect for the institution called marriage and grihastha.. but just don't know how to prepare for it.. positively freaked out...
I assume yours is gonna be an arranged marriage. Did you spend some time (at least an hr/day over a month) with your fiance yet (on phone, in skin)? :hmmm:

Having a baby is the most wonderful thing that will ever happen to you.There is nothing more precious than that bundle of joy. And the good news is that you are a guy.You will get to have fun making the baby(I hope she does too:--D)....most likely won't put on weight (unless you decide to show extra solidarity with wife)and look like a cow ....and the biggest advantage....you will get a baby without having to bear with any pain.Men have also not been known to suffer from postpartum depression .Have fun....and be nice to the woman who makes a baby for you from her bones and blood and a bit of you.Good luck!

I assume yours is gonna be an arranged marriage. Did you spend some time (at least an hr/day over a month) with your fiance yet (on phone' date=' in skin)? :hmmm:[/quote'] You are right on the dot... I am no virgin... (hehe.. figuratively at least).. have had my share of relationships in the past... but that were all when the hormones raged hard within... but now.. I find myself in a situation where I'm forced into a relationship... Make no mistake... there is hardly a fault I can find in the girl.. pious.. conservative.. same background as mine... educated.. just at a loss to really take this plunge... and it's kind of wierd with your parents acting as cheerleaders.. :|