Indian Cricket League (ICL) related thread

So what do the Pak fans think of their players joining the ICL. From what I have read and heard, they think the players are betraying their country by playing in the ICL. Do they think along the same lines if their players join county? The fans are not necessarily discussing what the players will gain from the ICL but rather just the fact that its Indian and their players shouldnt go. Do express your views here Pak posters.

When there are competing products for the same set of audience, sponsors would have to split their ad $$$ between the two. They both put out cricket as the product. The ICL may start out as a 20/20 outfit, but nothing stops them from getting into ODIs as well if they can manage it. The only way the BCCI and the ICL can work together is if one of them is considered like a "minor league" of the other.

When there are competing products for the same set of audience, sponsors would have to split their ad $$$ between the two.
I think they are not competing products for the same audience. ICL is going into domestic cricket from which BCCI neither earns anything nor has cared a damn about. If anything, it offers the players representing the states to become more marketable names for BCCI to earn money, the likes of Badrinath, Gagandeep etc. who might do well in ICL and generate more interest when they play Ranji.
I think they are not competing products for the same audience. ICL is going into domestic cricket from which BCCI neither earns anything nor has cared a damn about.
It is possibly the same set of sponsors and same people who will be watching both. ICL is not just domestic. Right now they are finding it difficult to attract outside players partially cause the BCCI has semi-successfully ganged up with the other boards in threatening anyone past, present and future from getting involved with this evil body called ICL.
It is possibly the same set of sponsors and same people who will be watching both. ICL is not just domestic. Right now they are finding it difficult to attract outside players partially cause the BCCI has semi-successfully ganged up with the other boards in threatening anyone past' date=' present and future from getting involved with this evil body called ICL.[/quote'] Okay, domestic was the wrong word. League format different from international cricket is what I meant. Yoda, it's not as if there is only X number of dollars available from the sponsors, infact sponsorship money coming into cricket has been increasing exponentially. It's a growing market, different from a stable one where your point would hold.
Same set of audience?? How? It is not as if people will stop watching ODIs played in India because of ICL matches? No way can any league replace test cricket or other international matches. Then what on earth is the problem?
test cricket yes. nothing says the ICL can't move to one days as well. we are not talking about one replacing the other, rather competing for players, time slots, ad dollars, etc.
Okay' date=' domestic was the wrong word. League format different from international cricket is what I meant. Yoda, it's not as if there is only X number of dollars available from the sponsors, infact sponsorship money coming into cricket has been increasing exponentially. It's a growing market, different from a stable one where your point would hold.[/quote'] yes, it is a growing market now, but can't keep growing forever.

Inzy has joined ICL ummm nice.... ---------------- Father confirms Inzy has signed up for ICL PTI ] KARACHI, August 19: Former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has become the first Pakistani player to sign up to play in the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL). His father, Pir Intazam-ul-Haq confirmed on Sunday that his son had indeed signed up for the ICL. "He is in London where he has to gone to play for Yorkshire. But yes, he has signed with the ICL. That is what he told me when I last spoke to him," he said. Inzamam was the first Pakistani player to get an offer from the ICL and had made it clear he was interested in playing for the league as it gave him an opportunity to keep in touch with the game and earn some good money. Inzamam has not been given a central contract by the Pakistan Cricket Board after he retired from ODIs. The PCB has said it would not consider any player who is contracted to them for future selection if he plays in the Indian league. Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports claimed that Abdul Razzaq and Mohammad Yousuf have also signed up for the ICL. It has also been reported that pacers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif, who initially rejected ICL offers, have received fresh enhanced offers from the organisers.

^^zubin, I edited your post as it streteched the whole threads width --- Just saw on NDTV Pak Players Inzi, Yousuf, Farhat, Razaaq and Azhar Mahmood ------- Indian Players probably - Dinesh Mongia, Nilesh Kulkarni, Sanjay Bangar, Amol Muzumdar, Deep Dasgupta and Jp, Yadav..speculation abt Rohan Gavaskar as well This is really funny, Zee TV was basically the 1st pvt TV channel in India which basically gave jobs to those actors who couldn't get work in films and now television seems bigger than movies Same concept now, Zee providing a chance to those cricketers who could get into the stable 11 of India

^^zubin, I edited your post as it streteched the whole threads width --- Just saw on NDTV Pak Players Inzi, Yousuf, Farhat, Razaaq and Azhar Mahmood -------
Yousuf For real ??? Wonder what's gonna happen to PCB's ban policy now :hysterical:
^^zubin, I edited your post as it streteched the whole threads width
OK Rajeev. :) But I dont undst why other boards r opposing ICL. For example, what has ICL has to do with PCB and why PCB is threatening to ban the players who are playing for ICL. Isnt for them ICL is jus like county. Prolly BCCI is controlling PCB in this.. Hope other boards snub BCCI and BCCI is made to stand out as bunch of stupid jokers..
But I dont undst why other boards r opposing ICL. For example, what has ICL has to do with PCB and why PCB is threatening to ban the players who are playing for ICL. Isnt for them ICL is jus like county.
very blunt n basic reason for that mate.. which paki board would like to see their players ignoring their local cricket and playing @ sadak paar....@ rivalz place..