The 10 deadliest animals on the planet

Gambit

No.10 - Poison Dart Frog top10_deadly_poison_frog.jpg These pint sized frogs arent for kissing. Their backs ooze a slimy neurotoxin that is meant to keep predators away. Each frog produces enough of the toxin to kill 10 humans. No.9 Cape Buffalo top10_deadly_capebuffalo.jpg When faced with a predator, cape buffaloes charge head on. Thats 1,500 pounds of beast topped off with two big, sharp horns. Youre lucky if theres only one - the real danger comes when a herd of thousands stampedes in your direction. No.8 Polar Bear top10_deadly_polarbear.jpg Sure they might look cuddly at the zoo, but in the wild they eat elephant seals for breakfast. Get between one and its cub and it could easily rip off your head with one swipe of its giant paw. No.7 Elephant top10_deadly_african_elephant.jpg Not every elephant is as friendly as Dumbo. Elephants kill more than 500 people a year worldwide. African elephants generally weigh in around 16,000 pounds - all the better to stomp you with - not to mention their sharp tusks. No.6 Australian Saltwater Crocodile top10_deadly_saltwater_crocodile.jpg Dont mistake this croc for a log! It can lay still in the water, waiting for passers by. Then, in the blink of an eye, itll lunge at prey, pulling it under water to drown and dismember. No.5 African Lion top10_deadly_african_lion2.jpg Giant fangs? Check. Lightning quick? That too. Razor sharp claws? You betcha. Hungry? You better hope not. These big cats are near perfect hunters. No.4 Great White Shark top10_deadly_whiteshark.jpg Blood in the water can excite these sharks into a feeding frenzy, where theyll use all 3,000 of their teeth to bite anything that moves. No.3 Australian Box Jellyfish top10_deadly_aus_boxjellyfish.jpg Also known as the sea wasp, this salad-bowl sized jellyfish can have up to 60 tentacles each 15 feet long. Each tentacle has 5,000 stinging cells and enough toxin to kill 60 humans. No.2 Asian Cobra top10_deadly_asian_cobra.jpg While the Asian Cobra doesnt hold the title of most venomous snake, it does the most with what it has. Of the 50,000 deaths by snakebite a year, Asian Cobras are responsible for the largest chunk. No.1 Mosquito top10_deadly_mosquito.jpg Most skeeter bites just make you itch. But some mosquitoes carry and transfer malaria causing parasites. As a result, these little pests are responsible for the deaths of more than two million people a year. http://www.livescience.com/animals/top10_deadliestanimals-1.html

Crappy List ! I can't believe that their is no mention of the world's largest and second largest cat which is the Amur tiger and the Royal Bengal tiger both of which can kick the a.ss of the so called king of the beast in a heartbeat. Also, no mention of Orca or killer whale which is much more powerful and deadly then the great white. Heck , their are videos of Orca killing Great White in a one on one duel. School of Orcas have been known to kill even adult Blue Whale. Also, why mention Asian cobra when the truth of the matter is , more deaths are caused by common krait and Russel Viper which belongs to Viper family. I would rather wish that they mentioned King Cobra which belongs to different family and is the world's largest venomous snake or the deadly Black Mamba which is the fastest venomous snake . Also, honorable mention should include Grizzly Bears which are known to be more aggressive than Polar bear.

Crappy List ! I can't believe that their is no mention of the world's largest and second largest cat which is the Amur tiger and the Royal Bengal tiger both of which can kick the a.ss of the so called king of the beast in a heartbeat. Also' date=' no mention of Orca or killer whale which is much more powerful and deadly then the great white. Heck , their are videos of Orca killing Great White in a one on one duel. School of Orcas have been known to kill even adult Blue Whale. Also, why mention Asian cobra when the truth of the matter is , more deaths are caused by common krait which belongs to Viper family. I would rather wish that they mentioned King Cobra which belongs to different family and is the world's largest venomous snake or the deadly Black Mamba which is the fastest venomous snake . Also, honorable mention should include Grizzly Bears which are known to be more aggressive than Polar bear.[/quote'] kumble, I think you are mistaken. Going by the title, I think it is understandable that you are expecting more dangerous animals in the list. But the fact that mosquito is the number one in the list and , going by memory of seeing this list earlier, I think this list basically mentions the animals in the order of number of human deaths they cause each year. By this logic, king cobra might be more venomous but asian cobra kills more and hence makes it to the list.

kumble' date=' I think you are mistaken. Going by the title, I think it is understandable that you are expecting more dangerous animals in the list. But the fact that mosquito is the number one in the list and , going by memory of seeing this list earlier, I think this list basically mentions the animals in the order of number of human deaths they cause each year. By this logic, king cobra might be more venomous but asian cobra kills more and hence makes it to the list.[/quote'] Flute202020, Common Krait and Russel Viper kills more humans in S E Asia than Cobra and yet it is not in the list !

problem is that these so called "dangerous" Lions, Bengal Tigers need to be protected as much as possible....their population is shrinking like anything (Don't know how many of them are still in our forest reserves). woh din door nahin jeb hum inko sirf Television documentary mein hee paayengey :sad_smile:

problem is that these so called "dangerous" Lions, Bengal Tigers need to be protected as much as possible....their population is shrinking like anything (Don't know how many of them are still in our forest reserves). woh din door nahin jeb hum inko sirf Television documentary mein hee paayengey :sad_smile:
Conservative estimate is around 2000 to 4000 Bengal tigers and 200 to 250 Asiatic Lions(Gir) in India.

Conservative estimate is around 2000 to 4000 Bengal tigers and 200 to 250 Asiatic Lions(Gir) in India.
Kumble are you sure about these numbers? i think 200-250 Asiatic Lions in Gir alone is quite a liberal estimate (besides did they not move more than a hand ful to a new sanctuary near Secundrabad?).

For some reason I read that as FART frog :hysterical:
actually there is a special forces squad of Delta Soldiers who are fed nothing but cabbage and cheddar cheese. in the event of a conflict, they are simply dropped behind enemy lines where they unleash a chemical warfare that could easily be deemed as a crime against humanity.

actually there is a special forces squad of Delta Soldiers who are fed nothing but cabbage and cheddar cheese. in the event of a conflict' date=' they are simply dropped behind enemy lines where they unleash a chemical warfare that could easily be deemed as a crime against humanity.[/quote'] They should change their tactics or the enemy would bayonet their ass :hysterical:

Kumble are you sure about these numbers? i think 200-250 Asiatic Lions in Gir alone is quite a liberal estimate (besides did they not move more than a hand ful to a new sanctuary near Secundrabad?).
The numbers I am quoting are just my estimate based upon following news pertaining to these lions for many years . In fact , in April 2007 forest officials had put their number to be around 353 . But we all know that poaching and diseases have effectively reduced these numbers greatly . BTW, the plan was to move some of the animals to Kuno-Palpur sanctuary in central Madhya Pradesh state not secundrabad. This was also to prevent mass casualties due to epidemic diseases .

The numbers I am quoting are just my estimate based upon following news pertaining to these lions for many years . In fact ' date=' in April 2007 forest officials had put their number to be around 353 . But we all know that poaching and diseases have effectively reduced these numbers greatly . BTW, the plan was to move some of the animals to Kuno-Palpur sanctuary in central Madhya Pradesh state not secundrabad. This [b']was also to prevent mass casualties due to epidemic diseases .
good to hear that authorities are doing something to save these last of dinosaurs. I have a serious doubt for that method employed by authorities to count the wild cats. They usually count "foot-marks" to estimate the number, which ,may not indicate corect number. Besides poaching and diseases, the wild life is dwindling because these animals are not getting their "natural" atmosphere for breeding-mating to produce off-spring. Due to mass distruction of forest their natural habitable area is shrinking.....on top of that some of those wild cats become infertile due to various unknown diseases.

good to hear that authorities are doing something to save these last of dinosaurs. I have a serious doubt for that method employed by authorities to count the wild cats. They usually count "foot-marks" to estimate the number, which ,may not indicate corect number. Besides poaching and diseases, the wild life is dwindling because these animals are not getting their "natural" atmosphere for breeding-mating to produce off-spring. Due to mass distruction of forest their natural habitable area is shrinking.....on top of that some of those wild cats become infertile due to various unknown diseases.
yeah they use pug marks around water holes and lakes for a census and it is quite accurate. infact, in 1997 May i participated in a tiger census in Corbet National PArk.