A bit late to the party but looks like Chennai Choohaas got owned?

The Outsider

He was probably trying to get a yorker in and missed. He bowled 2 fulltosses against MI and allowed Dwayne Smith to win a game in the league phase like that, should have just made sure he bowled a legal ball that wouldn't go for a boundary. Celebrating their win is fine but how can losing a close game in the final be considered being "owned"?
thats how IPL works in ICF :hysterical:

Speak for yourself. That's one of the things I hate about Indians in general' date=' always going overboard. Considering how the population of UP alone is probably higher than the combined population of all other test playing nations it's a shame that India has only won 2 world cups. This is the same reason why I always laugh at England when their fans boast, they invented the game and have won just ICC cup (the one of lowest value).[/quote'] This is what I call pakka retarded logic. Brazil must be the most populated country in the world because they won world cup football so many times. Conidering the population of China, how many chess championship have they won? This is why I laugh at chinese when they celebrate all those olympic medals. Of course being the most populated country, they will win most medals, whats the big deal. Yet they lose to US many times, shame This is what I hate about some Indians. They are pertpetually depressed, always wallowing in self-pity and misery. They have so many reasons to celebrate everyday of their life, but these pessimistic people will alway see the glass half-empty and think of reasons to demean their own and their country's achievements. You must be so popular, the life and joy of every party you attend

This is what I call pakka retarded logic. Brazil must be the most populated country in the world because they won world cup football so many times. Conidering the population of China, how many chess championship have they won? This is why I laugh at chinese when they celebrate all those olympic medals. Of course being the most populated country, they will win most medals, whats the big deal. Yet they lose to US many times, shame This is what I hate about some Indians. They are pertpetually depressed, always wallowing in self-pity and misery. They have so many reasons to celebrate everyday of their life, but these pessimistic people will alway see the glass half-empty and think of reasons to demean their own and their country's achievements. You must be so popular, the life and joy of every party you attend
I'm not demeaning anything. Of course it was exciting to watch them win the world cup but considering the size of our population and how we're largely a one sport nation do you seriously not think we should be doing better? Celebrating wins is fine but after the WC win there was talk of Australia losing its dominance in world cricket and India replacing it and look at what's happened 1 year later. We gloat too much in past glory.

Speak for yourself. That's one of the things I hate about Indians in general' date=' always going overboard. [b']Considering how the population of UP alone is probably higher than the combined population of all other test playing nations it's a shame that India has only won 2 world cups. This is the same reason why I always laugh at England when their fans boast, they invented the game and have won just ICC cup (the one of lowest value).
Am sorry, but thats factually incorrect. Bangladesh and Pakistan are test playing nations too..remember? Besides, I do not think that having a large population by itself should enable you to win more sports trophies. Being good at sports is a cultural thing, we have started late in realizing this as a nation. Till such time our kids start to adopt sports as a potential career option at a very stage in life, we have every right to go 'over board' with whatever successes come our way.

I'm not demeaning anything. Of course it was exciting to watch them win the world cup but considering the size of our population and how we're largely a one sport nation do you seriously not think we should be doing better? Celebrating wins is fine but after the WC win there was talk of Australia losing its dominance in world cricket and India replacing it and look at what's happened 1 year later. We gloat too much in past glory.
Again, that population argument. you have not aswered this. Why is China not chess no 1 because of their population? Or soccer, or tennis? Why is Brazil so dominant in football through history? There is absolutely no co-relation between population and sports excellence yet people bring up this argument time and again. How much % of our populaion plays pro-cricket?

Compare China's performance to India's in Olympics, Asian Games etc. It's not like we have a brilliant record in Chess either, it's just one guy. Most of the best chess players are Russians, hardly any Indian there. There was talk of how India has replaced Australia as the dominant team in world cricket after the WC win, look at what's happened now.

Compare China's performance to India's in Olympics' date=' Asian Games etc. It's not like we have a brilliant record in Chess either, it's just one guy. Most of the best chess players are Russians, hardly any Indian there. [b']There was talk of how India has replaced Australia as the dominant team in world cricket after the WC win, look at what's happened now.
Don't know which talk you are referring to? India media? You take them seriously? Hardly anyone on ICF was of the opinion that India is a dominant team like Australia or West Indies and most also recognized the potential problems that lie ahead for the team after the batting line up retires or fades away. It might have happened sooner and in a much more dramatic manner with the 0-8 than most expected, but if you search for discussions here from the past few years most were aware of this huge potential problem.