Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

Suggested Ajanta Pharma on Saturday @1470. It is 10% up @1617 atm. Suggested Atul Ltd couple of days back. Up about 22-25% is just 2 days. Thanks to Mr. Market to treat these recommendations favorably.
I just checked both those stocks. They have given good results in very short time even if you exit at the moment.

I just checked both those stocks. They have given good results in very short time even if you exit at the moment.
I had 4.2 lacs in Ajanta @1470. Took out 1.25 lacs @1580 yesterday. I will hold the rest for longer time. Atul - I exited totally at 1160. It went upto 1374 today, trading at abt 1310 right now.

rg .. how much money u got overall :hmmm: :woot:
easily less than you dost and many folds less than many other icfers i am sure :D I have come to find that people in India invest too less in equity. The purpose of mentioning the allocated money is to get people in their 20s, 30s, 40s to invest themselves (but at an opportune time and after researching the company in depth) directly or via mutual funds and to show that one can allocate substantial money if the conviction levels are high and the gain can be great too. Ofcourse, there is risk but research and proper timing will minimize risk. Otherwise FIs will make more money while there being humongous money in our people lying stagnant in real estate, gold or saving accounts

closed at 295.. i do prefer trading on results .. but better not to guess the results , whether it will be good or not.. if the sentiment is good , prices will be driven up before results .. so even after good results there wont be a action but on an average its profitable to play non-directional trades in options for results

closed at 295.. i do prefer trading on results .. but better not to guess the results , whether it will be good or not.. if the sentiment is good , prices will be driven up before results .. so even after good results there wont be a action but on an average its profitable to play non-directional trades in options for results
Good advice, thanks... Actually this stock I had bought for 328 few weeks back and then sold off at 315. I was tracking it closely. For 2 quarters it was giving 370 Cr profits and sales were increasing for many quarters consistently . This time arnd both sales and profits have shown good growth ( 20% and 15% resp.) but the company has allocated 35cr deferred taxes, the reported Net profit was 320 Cr vis a vis 310 cr last Q1. The PSU tag hurts these companies the most by far..

I want to get some knowledge about Financial Research/Financial Analysis. Can anyone recommend any books/videos/other sources on this. Please consider me a noob in this area so recommend only basic stuff at first.
gogole is more than enough for technical analysis and f&o strategies.. let me throw some tips as a trader than investor.. ( i am not bothered about fundamental analysis ) 1) start with the basics of equities 2) read about predicting the price movement of equities 3) index 4) future trading in stocks and index 5) option trading and hedging 6) combination of the stratgeies 7) currency and commoditty trading ( same as future trading )

gogole is more than enough for technical analysis and f&o strategies.. let me throw some tips as a trader than investor.. ( i am not bothered about fundamental analysis ) 1) start with the basics of equities 2) read about predicting the price movement of equities 3) index 4) future trading in stocks and index 5) option trading and hedging 6) combination of the stratgeies 7) currency and commoditty trading ( same as future trading )
Thanks. Will start reading about these.