Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

I never get technical analysis ' date=' a alot of it is bullshit ...trend , Economy , News , Govt , Sector , Company mgmt , relative PE etc these are factors which are more reliable .[/quote'] BS indeed.. it refers to the recent movement of the stock to me. if it has moved like a 15-20% in last 1 week or so, I will be more hesitant in buying it than if it was already at those levels for some time...

We all agree on this point i was suggesting PoV of a trader who looks at both technicals and fundamentals on a regular basis for a lot of stocks (say arnd 50 good companies' stocks) sometimes there's tailwind for a particular sector, so invest more in that.. some stock may run up alot in short time, so take money out, wait for correction and invest in an already corrected (good company) stock. Taking fundamentals and technicals along. May be suitable for people with alot of free time and appetite for such things that admittedly make you tense if you do it on a daily basis.
I agree , but for the bolded part there is a better approach . if a stock runs up , just get your investment out first .The remaining will allow you to get unlimited profits since you dont have the pressure of making loss on these .Never exit completely , if you think the stock is fundamentally good . I have seen inverstments of 50000 , having valuations of 20Lacs in 6-8 years time . All you need is 10 such stocks in your life time in span of what 25-30 years ? I have had one with Havells Inida already :two_thumbs_up:

never ever trust any analyst .. most of the analysts are not even qualified ( in 2008 or 2009 few analysts were demanding extra 500rs for the shows with cnbc).. ex:- if a broker gives buy call to retail , mostly their DII and HNIs are already long.. if you want to trading , do learn the strategies by yourself and try to test it slowly .. something which works for you may not work for your friend..
half our analysts are just there by default , not cos they like Finance etc . yes its better to do it your self .

never ever trust any analyst .. most of the analysts are not even qualified ( in 2008 or 2009 few analysts were demanding extra 500rs for the shows with cnbc).. ex:- if a broker gives buy call to retail , mostly their DII and HNIs are already long.. if you want to trading , do learn the strategies by yourself and try to test it slowly .. something which works for you may not work for your friend..
right..treat these guys basically as giving you various stock options to analyse for yourself. Doing your own analysis (valuations, recent run ups, Balance sheets check up etc) is a duty that people must do before putting in money.

I never get technical analysis ' date=' a alot of it is bullshit ...trend , Economy , News , Govt , Sector , Company mgmt , relative PE etc these are factors which are more reliable .[/quote'] TA is just to fool others IMO .. there are people who argue about applying waves even for a short term is a pure BS.. when i did trading .. i usually went by rumors , news and events like results .. and my broker gained more in the end than me :--D one main thing i saw from our retail is they gamble with their whole money .. if they have 5L , many would use whole 5L and there are derivative players who end up using more than their margin carrying their losses without booking losses .. i was the juniormost in my team ( we all got fired in mid 2008 anyway ) , and we are expected to use no more than 5% in any single trade and never expected to use more than 20% margin in weekend carry

I agree ' date=' but for the bolded part there is a better approach . if a stock runs up , just get your investment out first .The remaining will allow you to get unlimited profits since you dont have the pressure of making loss on these .Never exit completely , if you think the stock is fundamentally good . I have seen inverstments of 50000 , having valuations of 20Lacs in 6-8 years time . All you need is 10 such stocks in your life time in span of what 25-30 years ?[b'] I have had one with Havells Inida already :two_thumbs_up:
Congrats! Great stock indeed. (I have got into the markets from last month.)

Very well...Aim for 20-30% annual returns is very good strategy . Another (smaller) benefit of being a long term investor is that if we sell before an year, we have to pay the STCG (short term capital gains) tax which is 15% if people pay it honestly.
If you are not making 60-70%, don't waste your time at the markets (in terms of obsessing about it). In a bull market, the sharp trader can easily make 250% even if he is wrong half the time.

Congrats! Great stock indeed. (I have got into the markets from last month.)
not discouraging you .. but you are a fresher and its better you do SIP in niftybees or goldbees and watch the mkt from sidelines.. generally all freshers will start with buy n hold or buy n sell ( not the reverse ) which is not an ideal point to start when mkt is aleady at its peak .. market is at all time high and mkt already rallied ( happy after modi mauled congress ).. so any positive surprise which would come in the near future is already factored in..

@Velu, Saurav01 Did a bit of research before buying any stock. For ex. check out JnK Bank , it fell 20% in a day on basis of a news report in Greater Kashmir newspaper that I figured was to create panic and malign bank's reputation. So I bought 2.5 lac worth of JK Bank. A bank trading at p/e of 6, p/b of 1.3 ,minimal NPAs , showing good loan book and profits growth is worth keeping. And it will pay dividend of 50/- per share in last week of July. I guess downside is limited(it came down from 1950 to 1500) and has good potential to go upto 2500 in a year. Would be great if we could all share stock ideas in this thread ...

@Velu, Saurav01 Did a bit of research before buying any stock. For ex. check out JnK Bank , it fell 20% in a day on basis of a news report in Greater Kashmir newspaper that I figured was to create panic and malign bank's reputation. So I bought 2.5 lac worth of JK Bank. A bank trading at p/e of 6, p/b of 1.3 ,minimal NPAs , showing good loan book and profits growth is worth keeping. And it will pay dividend of 50/- per share in last week of July. I guess downside is limited(it came down from 1950 to 1500) and has good potential to go upto 2500 in a year. Would be great if we could all share stock ideas in this thread ...
Yeah that was a good move. I bought it too. But you are playing orthodox now - if you are good in terms of juggling with numbers - there are innumerable ways of playing the markets - irrespective of the Nifty situation, balance sheets of companies, PEs etc. I hope those things open up to you as you go along. And hope you have the time for it. Also look for arbitrage opportunities whenever you can.

Yeah that was a good move. I bought it too. But you are playing orthodox now - if you are good in terms of juggling with numbers - there are innumerable ways of playing the markets - irrespective of the Nifty situation' date= balance sheets of companies, PEs etc. I hope those things open up to you as you go along. And hope you have the time for it.
Sure, I am not at all claiming I know everything. I have just entered the markets, its a learning process. Hope this thread to be a place for knowledge sharing and learning. I have shorted a many stocks but in general I like to hold arnd 15 stocks for long term(6-12 months atleast). Open for any short term opportunistic ideas too.
Also look for arbitrage opportunities whenever you can.
ok.

Sure, I am not at all claiming I know everything. I have just entered the markets, its a learning process. Hope this thread to be a place for knowledge sharing and learning. I have shorted a many stocks but in general I like to hold arnd 15 stocks for long term(6-12 months atleast). Open for any short term opportunistic ideas too. ok.
You have probably entered during the right time (Slowdown). Can get stocks at lower values soon. Long term varies as per every investor. Some would have long term as at least 3 years. Some even more.

Sure, I am not at all claiming I know everything. I have just entered the markets, its a learning process. Hope this thread to be a place for knowledge sharing and learning. I have shorted a many stocks but in general I like to hold arnd 15 stocks for long term(6-12 months atleast). Open for any short term opportunistic ideas too. ok.
You need to divide your basic kitty in two halves - one that is investment oriented (means you pick some horses on the basis of fundamental analysis) and hold onto them for years, and one which is trading oriented - in the second lot, you play stocks which are essentially stuck in a trading range for some time. Trading will help you expand your capital base whereas investment will show you the real money in a few years. Both are equally important.

You have probably entered during the right time (Slowdown). Can get stocks at lower values soon. Long term varies as per every investor. Some would have long term as at least 3 years. Some even more.
Right. Stable Companies growing at 25-30% CAGR (or higher) are a good opportunity for long term.
You need to divide your basic kitty in two halves - one that is investment oriented (means you pick some horses on the basis of fundamental analysis) and hold onto them for years' date=' and one which is trading oriented - in the second lot, you play stocks which are essentially stuck in a trading range for some time. Trading will help you expand your capital base whereas investment will show you the real money in a few years. Both are equally important.[/quote'] Whats should be the ratio in the division of money? 2 halves means 50-50%?

Right. Stable Companies growing at 25-30% CAGR (or higher) are a good opportunity for long term. Whats should be the ratio in the division of money? 2 halves means 50-50%?
Depends on you completely. I would say 50 each is a good division.