The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

That designer is probably a figment of the media's imagination. The media also seems very sure that the suit costs 10 lakhs. And this media is supposed to be responsible..
this same media published numerous BS articles before the 2014 elections on how the PM lived an austere and spartan life. They build you up and they pull you down.

this same media published numerous BS articles before the 2014 elections on how the PM lived an austere and spartan life. They build you up and they pull you down.
Can you provide some link to these spurious stories along with proof that they were spurious?

Instances?
http://www.thehindu.com/books/books-reviews/busting-the-modi-myths/article4800834.ece ---This Hindu article will be a good place to start. PM's austere and spartan life was a popular and oft repeated theme/BS before the 2007 , 2012 state assembly elections and the 2014 elections. I am not going to waste time to pull up other articles and videos from that period but it is unlikely you could have missed it. In 2007 , 56 inch was not a metaphor for his "heart ". There were hoardings and pamphlets in Gujarat that actually made these ridiculous claims. They build you up ...some of them will find the courage to pull you down.

http://www.thehindu.com/books/books-reviews/busting-the-modi-myths/article4800834.ece ---This Hindu article will be a good place to start. PM's austere and spartan life was a popular and oft repeated theme/BS before the 2007 , 2012 state assembly elections and the 2014 elections. I am not going to waste time to pull up other articles and videos from that period but it is unlikely you could have missed it. In 2007 , 56 inch was not a metaphor for his "heart ". There were hoardings and pamphlets in Gujarat that actually made these ridiculous claims. They build you up ...some of them will find the courage to pull you down.
The article that you posted is a collection of assertions without any proof or evidence. Please provide a link to the so called "spurious" articles you claim which falsified current PM's lifestyle.

Nope, it is kind of tilting at imaginary windmills kind of article. No evidence - mere opinions driven by the author -
Modi’s is an assiduously crafted persona that is worryingly at odds with the reality. Few people know him at the personal level; and what little is revealed about his personal life is carefully vetted and scripted by his hard-working public relations apparatus. The books under review dispel several myths surrounding the man: his self-abnegating austerity and Spartan lifestyle, his inherently democratic and large-hearted nature, his selflessness, truthfulness, humility and so on. An intractable adversary, unwilling to forget or forgive and intolerant of contrary views, Modi emerges as hugely-ambitious, self-obsessed, over-bearing and authoritarian, a street-fighter with a mordacious tongue, a man given to habitual dissembling and pretence, unwilling to brook resistance to his ambitions.
Essentially he is doing what you did exactly. Assume something about Modi - assume that's the universal belief about him, then without any proof arrive at some conclusion that Modi is not the person whom he believed initially to be - and then claiming that he had busted some myth.

^^ As i have already mentioned , the link above is a good place to start . But you will need to do your own searches and YOU will need to do the necessary work to educate yourself . Everything cannot be spoon-fed to you .
That's like a prosecutor making a claim without evidence and asking the defense to do its own "searches". Ridiculous.

^^ As i have already mentioned , the link above is a good place to start . But you will need to do your own searches and YOU will need to do the necessary work to educate yourself . Everything cannot be spoon-fed to you .
It is not a good place to start anything - because that link opens up a book review that is a pile of bollocks. I'd say Arvind Kejriwal is perhaps the most incompetent and corrupt officer of his time. Proof? Go search, and "do the necessary work to educate yourself". Let me also add, Rahul Gandhi is actually a space alien. Proof? "You will need to do your own searches". I love this type of arguments.

It is not a good place to start anything - because that link opens up a book review that is a pile of bollocks. I'd say Arvind Kejriwal is perhaps the most incompetent and corrupt officer of his time. Proof? Go search, and "do the necessary work to educate yourself". Let me also add, Rahul Gandhi is actually a space alien. Proof? "You will need to do your own searches". I love this type of arguments.
He sure looks lost...

That's like a prosecutor making a claim without evidence and asking the defense to do its own "searches". Ridiculous.
No, this is not like a court of law. You can continue to cling on desperately to your delusions. I shall not make any effort to relieve you of your ignorance.

No, this is not like a court of law. You can continue to cling on desperately to your delusions. I shall not make any effort to relieve you of your ignorance.
A person is delusional when he/she cannot provide evidence for his/her claims. You fit that description perfectly. For e.g. "The end times are coming!" Proof? "Do your own searches".

u made a claim,please provide evidences,links to support ur argument.why should any other poster search for ur claims?

Boss. Pehle spoon feed Karne ki aukat toh bana. Give me some credible links for your assertions.

These are the best things that we can come up against the PM? I am sorry lol. This is pretty childish. US president is taking a selfie. sure there are lot of people going to call him narcissistic etc. But that won't be the main topic against him. NM deserved his chance. So does AK. Let us wish both of them doing well. If you are going to search for Mr.Perfect PM you are never going to get it. He is the best available by some distance.
:hatsoff: modi is the best for India. Great leader. Though bjp deserved the drubbing that it got in Delhi to keep its feet on ground. And AAP deserves a chance to show what they can do. Guess that makes for a win-win situation.