Follow on or Bat?

living

Rahul Dravid with his batting and the defensive mindset wrapped the test match and gave it to England. Whether England can make good the opportunity is debatable. As ever Rahul has yet again showed a huge problem with his mental makeup when there has been a need to put the feet down and dominate. I will remember this inning for a long time. This was worse than the one he played against Saffies last year to lose the test match for India.

WTF ? OF COURSE India will win this match. Even if India declared right now, they would lead by 440. There is no f*cking way in hell that England would be able to chase that. They would have to set a new record to win this one, and that isn't going to happen. What p*sses me off is that it could have been all over by today had India enforced the follow-on. By batting, they are effectively taking the match into the fifth day. It's defensive cricket, but i expected as much.

I for one support Dravid's decision and his approach. Let England take all the risks - we are playing for a series win. Isa y we dont declare at all and let England bowl us out when ever that happens - half an hr after tea or half an hr into tomorrow's session.

Cricketics' date=' chill out we've got this one in the bag. There is no way England are going to survive for 100+ overs.[/quote'] Lets hope we can still win this one...I would have thought they would have had a go at Eng post tea but no declaration in sight.....horrendous decision to bat again....

just frustrated cauz of India batting again i am no way thinking that eng can chase it.. juzt feel we have given them good chance to draw this game.. they suck more then India in 4th innings.. they are shyt team....we are god, and they are our servantz.. letz fackin show the way to englanders..

Lets hope we can still win this one...I would have thought they would have had a go at Eng post tea but no declaration in sight.....horrendous decision to bat again....
Decision not to enforce the follow on was top notch : 1. Batting on 4th day is easier than 5th. 2. Kumble bowling on 5th day. 3. Panesar not bowling on 5th day. 4. England might have 4 bowlers tomorrow compared to 3 they have today. 5. Batting with the mind set of setting a 500 target is much easier than batting with mind set of chasing 180. 6. Series win is a bigger probability with batting, 7. No history of anyone chasing close to 500 runs.