India 'A' to tour New Zealand in September 2012

I dont keep Menaria in this bracket yet and even SKY. Both have a long way to go. Technically' date=' they are not sound enough.[/quote'] +1. Menaria will anyway hopefully not be selected for the first-class games. The first-class line-up in all probability would be: Mukund, Chand, Mandeep, Rayudu, SKY, Majumdar, Ojha, Darekar, Shami, Vinay, Unadkat. Menaria, Jalaj, Rahul, Bhuvaneshwar and Rituraj sit out. But going by the way teams are selected, Jalaj might replace SKY in the team. Or, Menaria may sneak in since he's the vice-captain. Indian fans should have realistic expectations from the team and not build castles in air. This is the first time most of them are touring outside, and will take time to adjust and acclimatize. Mukund and Chand are expected to do a little better since they have more exposure to away tour than most of the rest.
This is not a national team.This is India A and these guys are identified so they will get more chances. They are not finished products and these tours are to make them better amd this process has just started.
Here you are completely replying on selectors, that they have identified these talents and will give them chances.
I dont keep Menaria in this bracket yet and even SKY. Both have a long way to go. Technically' date=' they are not sound enough.[/quote'] Now you take upon yourself to identify players and then saying who has better technique and so on. Decide first! Chand as an opener in FC match? When did he play as an opener in any longer version match? Who has been chosen to partner Mukund in unofficial tests? I can't find any regular openers!
Here you are completely replying on selectors, that they have identified these talents and will give them chances. Now you take upon yourself to identify players and then saying who has better technique and so on. Decide first! Chand as an opener in FC match? When did he play as an opener in any longer version match? Who has been chosen to partner Mukund in unofficial tests? I can't find any regular openers!
Selectors have identified them because they have done well in FC cricket and you will rarely found finished products from FC cricket. These kind of tours are there to refine their techniques and ability to play in alien conditions. I am not saying they cannot refine their technique or do well with their original technique. I just meant they still has time in their hand which they need to do develop as a better cricketers. We should let them play in A tours for next 2 years. Chand plays for Delhi as an opener in ranji trophy. He already has an FC 100 and has a decent record till now.

Abhinav mukund is getting worse every time he gets an opportunity to impress selectors. He looked awful against England seamers and he continues to disappoint in seaming conditions. Unmukt chand continues to improve and I would accept the 30s and 40s because he is pretty much inexperienced in these conditions and I am damn sure he will continue to improve as he plays more matches. Shammi Ahmed should be playing for Indian team. He is way better than Dinda or Vinny koomar. Bowls around 140s and I am not sure how many of you remember his first over in IPL in which he clocked 140+ in his first delivery. Ashok Maneria is an another disappointment. For me he is no international material to be honest. Mandeep singh has improved a lot. He is one of those batsmen who loves to hook and pull. I am damn sure he will play for India in near future. Unadkat is a joke of a bowler. I am not sure how quick he is bowling now, from what I have read in this thread that he has put on some muscle and hopefully he forgets Gandhi's non violence and go for the kill. Suraya kumar Yadav should not be included even in the state team. absolutely no way he is gonna play for India.

1st unofficial Test: India A v New Zealand A at Lincoln, Sep 26-29, 2012 LIVE SCORECARD LIVE STREAMING Link NZ A prepare for Four-Day battle The first of two Four-Day matches between New Zealand A and India A gets underway tomorrow at the Bert Sutcliffe Oval in Lincoln. The teams will take to the field t at 10:30am in what is expected to be a fierce contest, with the two teams unable to be separated so far. The One-Day series finished level on Sunday when the home side claimed a 65 run to make it one-all. That came on the back of an Indian win in the first game and a dramatic tie in the second. Having improved their performance with each match that passed it's safe to assume that New Zealand will carry the momentum into the longer format. While National Selection manager Kim Littlejohn is pleased with the direction that the side are heading in, he is wary of what will be a very determined Indian side. "I know that for the Indian team the Four-Day game is probably their main focus and they'Íl be looking to do really well", said Littlejohn. "I think for us it's all about putting consistent performances together and generating some good momentum. Our guys have now had three days of good hard cricket and we're confident in our ability to take that form into the long form game." "Four-day cricket is a lot different and we've spoken at length about the need to apply pressure and the need to bowl in good channels and I think if we can execute those game plans that we've put in place then we'Íl do well." A particular strength for the Kiwis has been their bowling attack, with bowlers such as Neil Wagner, Andy McKay and Trent Boult all troubling the visitors batting line-up. They will be looking continue that good form, but know they'll have to work hard to disrupt their opposition. After a slow start the batsmen too will be hoping to take another step forward. "I think at the moment bowling is the area that has shone through. At time s in the second and third One-Day games we were able to show glimpses of what we are capable of with the bat, but we would like to see them become a little more consistent." Littlejohn said. "The Indian side are very strong. They've got three or four very quality batters, who can all score heavily. The two Kumar brothers, among others, bowled really well in the One-Day series so I think we're going to have a very good contest. Considering the talent that's on display, that seems to be a given. India A: Abhinav Mukund (capt.), Naman Ojha (wk), Mandeep Singh, Anustup Majumdar, Unmukt Chand, Ashok Menaria, Ambati Rayudu, Suryakumar Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Akshay Darekar, Vinay Kumar, Shami Ahmed, Jalaj Saxena, Rahul Sharma, Rituraj Singh and Jaydev Unadkat NZ A : Reece Young(captain), Brent Arnel, Trent Boult, Neil Broom, Dean Brownlie, Tom Latham(wicketkeeper), Andy McKay, Tarun Nethula, Hamish Rutherford, Neil Wagner, Sam Wells, Luke Woodcock, George Worker ------------------------------------------------------------- What can India A XI be? Mukund Chand(It was pleasant surprise for me that UC is an Opener in longer format) Majumdar Rayudu Mandeep Ojha Darekar V Kumar Shami ahmad Unadkat ? Saxena?

Here you are completely replying on selectors, that they have identified these talents and will give them chances. Now you take upon yourself to identify players and then saying who has better technique and so on. Decide first! Chand as an opener in FC match? When did he play as an opener in any longer version match? Who has been chosen to partner Mukund in unofficial tests? I can't find any regular openers!
FC debut - http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/465426.html Last FC - http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/522973.html :giggle:

NZ A XI: GH Worker, TWM Latham, NT Broom, DG Brownlie, RA Young © (wk), LJ Woodcock, SR Wells, N Wagner, TS Nethula, BJ Arnel, AJ McKay, India A XI: Abhinav Mukund ©, Unmukt Chand, Naman Ojha (wk), Mandeep Singh, Ashok Menaria, Ambati Rayudu, Rahul Sharma, Vinay Kumar, Shami Ahmed, Jaydev Unadkat, Anustup Majumdar So NZ is not even playing Boult! And here I was thinking that he'd take a good test of our batsmen in the longer version! What a huge disappointment. But it isn't as if Indian are taking advantage of that absence. After opening partnership, once again the middle order is crumbling because Mandeep or Majumdar are proving unsuccessful even in longer format. And I don't expect anything from Menaria. How did he even get into the team after such abysmal ODI series? End Of Day 1: INDIA A - 136/4 in 36.4 overs (Ambati Rayudu 9, Ashok Menaria 0) Rain and bad light curtailed the match to just 36 overs!

NZ A XI: GH Worker, TWM Latham, NT Broom, DG Brownlie, RA Young © (wk), LJ Woodcock, SR Wells, N Wagner, TS Nethula, BJ Arnel, AJ McKay, India A XI: Abhinav Mukund ©, Unmukt Chand, Naman Ojha (wk), Mandeep Singh, Ashok Menaria, Ambati Rayudu, Rahul Sharma, Vinay Kumar, Shami Ahmed, Jaydev Unadkat, Anustup Majumdar So NZ is not even playing Boult! And here I was thinking that he'd take a good test of our batsmen in the longer version! What a huge disappointment. But it isn't as if Indian are taking advantage of that absence. After opening partnership, once again the middle order is crumbling because Mandeep or Majumdar are proving unsuccessful even in longer format. And I don't expect anything from Menaria. How did he even get into the team after such abysmal ODI series? End Of Day 1: INDIA A - 136/4 in 36.4 overs (Ambati Rayudu 9, Ashok Menaria 0) Rain and bad light curtailed the match to just 36 overs!
Andy Mckay and Neil Wagner are more experienced and as good if not better bowlers than Trent Boult, IMO.
Had they been better bowlers' date=' they'd have been in the test squad, no?[/quote'] Yes. Neil Wagner was in test squad in WI and India too. Other reason is Boult is a youngster and is a future prospect so he is getting more chances even after not so prolific start in test cricket. Same cannot be said about Andy Mckay who is 32 but he is still quicker than Boult. Neil Wagner could have played test cricket for NZ a long back, but he has just qualified to play for NZ as he is a South African migrant. Take a look at it. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ5kHorkDAg]Bowler takes five wickets in an over - YouTube[/ame]