Dhoni vs Bevan

J P K

Dhoni vs Bevan  

1. 1.

Completely irrelevent point to the discussion. The discussion was on quality of cricket' date=' whether it was same or not.[/quote'] It is relevant. You suggest as if Bevan would have done much more in this era.. as if they are seperated by 50 years. Tendulkar played through both eras. Tell me exactly how his batting record improved after Bevan. Bevan era 328 12921 runs 44.86 avge 86.48 strike rate 36 centuries Post bevan era 135 5505 runs 44.75 avge 85.66 strike rate 13 centuries
I think when we discuss about cricket in 1990s we must not forget half of the ODI at that time was played at Sharjah. And Sharjah was the toughest place to bat .
You gotta be joking. It was like a glass. Absolute patta. Shrajah was a very high scoring venue. Batting approach was different those days. Those days they would play slowly till 40th over and go after bowling in the last 10. Only Jayasuriya changed that trend. Aravinda de silva even in that era absolutey belted the bowlers.
You gotta be joking. It was like a glass. Absolute patta. Shrajah was a very high scoring venue. Batting approach was different those days. Those days they would play slowly till 40th over and go after bowling in the last 10. Only Jayasuriya changed that trend. Aravinda de silva even in that era absolutey belted the bowlers.
Sarcasm fail . :--D Sharhah is the place were legend Anwar had most of his 100s.
It is relevant. You suggest as if Bevan would have done much more in this era.. as if they are seperated by 50 years. Tendulkar played through both eras. Tell me exactly how his batting record improved after Bevan. Bevan era 328 12921 runs 44.86 avge 86.48 strike rate 36 centuries Post bevan era 135 5505 runs 44.75 avge 85.66 strike rate 13 centuries
Nah, this was about overall quality of cricket if you follow the context. Saying Bevan played a inferior game to Dhoni is wrong. The quality of cricket Bevan played may be even bit better than what Dhoni plays today. But that doesn't stop me picking Dhoni over Bevan. Dhoni's real competitor is not Bevan, but Hussey.