Happy Independence to all Indians

Prudent

yes' date=' , we started all from zero again.. after giving dowry to british retards and sending them back to their firangiland..[/quote'] The British ruled india from 1757 to 1947- nearly 200 years. sixty years later, its the Brits listening to bhangra, eating curry, high life londoners dressing in Saris and kurtas and our sculpted art making the Brits goggle in droves. Makes you wonder just who conquered whom. :two_thumbs_up:

Preds- i had similar experience in Don Bosco Liluah school- i wasn't scratching myself- i yawned and broke the rhythm and i was particularly noticed since i am a shorty and shorties end up in front of the line. The principal ( some old phart irish catholic called father sheehee) decieded to haul me up and lecture me. When he tried to hit me however, i grabbed his arm and told him calmly that this chap does not take lightly to being physically abused and if he valued his arm, he would not do such a thing again. Earnt me an expulsion from DBL but my class teacher, who was my mom's good friend, got me reinstated by pointing out my academic record being in stellar standing, not to mention, i had a reputation for being a 'good kid' mostly. No teacher has gotten away with hitting me and no teacher should get away with that kind of abuse.

Guest dada_rocks
The serious code of conduct associated with the national anthem reminds me of this really stupid story. I went to an Air Force school in New Delhi. Every morning before classes would commence (zzz...) all the students from 6th to 12th would assemble out in the field next to this platform (where all the faculty stood). We would be in our "houses" (mine was called Indraprastha) and we'd all be forced to sing the national anthem in unison. Every kid would stick their arm out in front of them and then sing. Now I absolutely hate the summer heat. I just can't stand it, even today. It would be close to 40 degrees celcius out there, and being required to stand in that sweltering summer heat really took it's toll. So one day, there i was - sweating like a pig, singing the anthem along with million other kids who were there and suddenly i felt this itch coming all over my head on my body...it was one of those really annoying itches too, the kind you scratch for about 5 minutes. Unable to resist the urge to scratch that itch, i made the criminal mistake of breaking protocol (LOL). While the rest of the students bellowed the national anthem with their arms extended, i was scratching myself all over the place. Some of the kids around me started laughing and this caused a disruption. Obviously one of the principals on that massive platform must have taken notice of it. At the end of it, she furiously grabbed the mic and shouted, "I can't believe what i have just seen ! I must say, i have never seen such an indignant act in my entire life. That tall boy (she even tried to point at me, that b*tch) from the Indraprastha house was scratching himself indecently throughout the national anthem ! I would like the monitors bring him over to my office immediately !". Suddenly, the itch was gone - replaced by a massive lump in my throat. I had heard all kinds of horror stories about what happened to kids pulled up by the principal and back then i was pretty well-behaved. Got taken into the office like a prisoner, and sure enough - i was slapped across the face about five times. She had fat hands and really let herself go. The national anthem would never be the same again...:haha:
that's cruel and funny at the same time..

Guest dada_rocks

can't open that.. is it from Rashmi-Rathi.. re rok Yudhisthir ko na yahan jaane de usko swarg tir lauta hame gandiv gada lauta de arjun bhim veer

When he tried to hit me however, i grabbed his arm and told him calmly that this chap does not take lightly to being physically abused and if he valued his arm, he would not do such a thing again.. Earnt me an expulsion from DBL but my class teacher, who was my mom's good friend, got me reinstated by pointing out my academic record being in stellar standing, not to mention, i had a reputation for being a 'good kid' mostly.
You had some big balls to try that, CC. But long live corruption, eh...:two_thumbs_up: In my school, no one ever dared to retaliate like that. A friend of mine got smacked real hard a couple of times for spilling his Frooti (you know, that mango drink in the green box which tastes like p iss) all over one of the school's newly bought computers. He complained to his mom, and she met up with the teacher. I know this because she had walked right into the class in the middle of a lecture and curtly confronted the teacher, asking her how she had the nerve to smack her little pyaara dulaara beta. They took their little b*tch-fight outside the class room and we had the rest of period off...:haha:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: @ predz school story .... something tells me she wasnt beddable which made it that much worse :D
Damn, i'm impressed ! You know me pretty well...:two_thumbs_up:

can't open that.. is it from Rashmi-Rathi.. re rok Yudhisthir ko na yahan jaane de usko swarg tir lauta hame gandiv gada lauta de arjun bhim veer
Don't know how to attach, it's in that link, need to expand it once the link opens. Though it's not from Rashmi-rathi, a good poetry directed towards people of India... Yeah, Rashmi-Rathi is a great work of Dinkar ji....full of Veer-Rus. :giggle:

Guest dada_rocks

Actually Dinkarjee was professor in my college.. And there are many folklores about his amorous-tales.. One of them stands out.. Dinkarjee had love-relation with one of his female student and poor girl got pregnant. Dinkar in order to save face convinced one of the young prof to marry that girl and in return he assued him the next reshuffle of administaration he will make sure that the professor gets instated as VC. Yes Dinkar was national figure getting someone appointed as VC was in his reach. Dinkarjee kept his words and the gentlman ended as VC. At the eve of the welcome ceremony felicitating the new incumbent in VC office.. Another hindi professor who was the original contender for that VC's post greeted the new VC his junior colleague with the follwing words. " Sushri khoi ke padmshri paai hai Aise kishor ko badhai hai badhai hai"

yaar kuch Josh se bharee Kavitaa ho jaaye......Ramdhari Singh Dinkar ne kuch aisaa likhaa hai -- (Pure Hindi mein) attachment.php?attachmentid=120&stc=1&d=1187113957
Cant see that file...My favorite Dinkar line Sunoon kya Sindhu garjan main tumhaara Swayam yugdharm ki hunkaar hoon main.

Guest dada_rocks
Cant see that file...My favorite Dinkar line Sunoon kya Sindhu garjan main tumhaara Swayam yugdharm ki hunkaar hoon main.
That's some line must be from the chapter where Sindhu and GOd Rama had one to one after ocen refused tog ive way.. poem starts like teen diwas tak panth managte rahe sindhu kinare baithe parhte rahe chhand anunay ke pyare pyare uttar mein jab ak naad bhi uthi nahin sagar se uthi adhir dhadhak paurus ki aag ram ke sar se .............. Same event Tulsidas descirbes where much maligned couplet of " Dhol ganwar shudra pashu nari shakal tarana ke adhikari.. Sundarkand Doha Number 59 " figures. Even here once God Rama gets angry and takes out his bow Sindhu comes out and requests for forgiveness while doing so uses these words disparaging himself as some fool who needs to be chastised.

Actually Dinkarjee was professor in my college.. And there are many folklores about his amorous-tales.. One of them stands out.. Dinkarjee had love-relation with one of his female student and poor girl got pregnant. Dinkar in order to save face convinced one of the young prof to marry that girl and in return he assued him the next reshuffle of administaration he will make sure that the professor gets instated as VC. Yes Dinkar was national figure getting someone appointed as VC was in his reach. Dinkarjee kept his words and the gentlman ended as VC. At the eve of the welcome ceremony felicitating the new incumbent in VC office.. Another hindi professor who was the original contender for that VC's post greeted the new VC his junior colleague with the follwing words. " Sushri khoi ke padmshri paai hai Aise kishor ko badhai hai badhai hai"
:hysterical::hysterical: Amazing story of Dinkar...which college you were? Being educated in Mumbai, my school B.L Ruia use to invite few Hindi writers mostly modern time one like Dr. Mahavir Adhikari etc. once Harivansh Bacchan along with Amitabh too came for a few minutes to innagurate annual inter-school Hindi Kavita sammelan. The poetry which I mentioned, if read in Hindi gives me some real kick, here are a few lines-- Vairagya chhod, Baahon ki Vibha Sambhalo Chattano ki chhati se doodh Nikalo Hai Ruki Jahan bhi Dhaar, Shillaye Todo Peeyush "Chandramao" ka Pakad Nichodo Chhadh Tung Shail Shikhar par Shom Piyo re Yogiyo Nahin Vijayee ke Sadrish Jiyo Re!! Jab Kupit Kaal Dheerata Tyaag Jaltaa hai, Chinagee Ban Phoolo ka parag jaltaa hai, Saundarya Bodh ban Nayee aag jaltaa hai Unchaa Kanth Kar Kamaartt Rag Jaltaa hai Ambar par apani Vibha Prabuddha karo re Garaje Krushanu tab Kanchan shuddh Karo re ----- ------continues Chhodo mat apani Aan Seesh Kat Jaaye Mat Jhuko Anay par Bhale Vyom fath Jaaye Do baar Nahin Yamraj kanth Dharataa hai Marataa hai Jo ek baar hee marataa hai Continues..... ------------------------ This poetry I recited in standard 7th and won second prize in Mumbai inter-school poetry competition.:giggle:

So , Whats your Independence day resolution ? Here the goes the list of mine. 1) To not sleep at 8 in the morning and wake up at 10 in the night. 2) Not have breakfast at 6 in the evening and dinner at 5 in the morning 3) Not search for the crispiest looking Aloo paratha in the buffet tray 4) Not submit assignments and projects on 11:59 59 secs , when its a 12 0 clock deadline 5) Not peep over the shoulder to see how the others' look like while peeing the bathroom 6) Not refill the medium drink more than thrice in the Subway

Guest dada_rocks

It's in muzaffarpur Bihar University.. that's some poem

:hysterical::hysterical: Amazing story of Dinkar...which college you were? Being educated in Mumbai, my school B.L Ruia use to invite few Hindi writers mostly modern time one like Dr. Mahavir Adhikari etc. once Harivansh Bacchan along with Amitabh too came for a few minutes to innagurate annual inter-school Hindi Kavita sammelan. The poetry which I mentioned, if read in Hindi gives me some real kick, here are a few lines-- Vairagya chhod, Baahon ki Vibha Sambhalo Chattano ki chhati se doodh Nikalo Hai Ruki Jahan bhi Dhaar, Shillaye Todo Peeyush "Chandramao" ka Pakad Nichodo Chhadh Tung Shail Shikhar par Shom Piyo re Yogiyo Nahin Vijayee ke Sadrish Jiyo Re!! Jab Kupit Kaal Dheerata Tyaag Jaltaa hai, Chinagee Ban Phoolo ka parag jaltaa hai, Saundarya Bodh ban Nayee aag jaltaa hai Unchaa Kanth Kar Kamaartt Rag Jaltaa hai Ambar par apani Vibha Prabuddha karo re Garaje Krushanu tab Kanchan shuddh Karo re ----- ------continues Chhodo mat apani Aan Seesh Kat Jaaye Mat Jhuko Anay par Bhale Vyom fath Jaaye Do baar Nahin Yamraj kanth Dharataa hai Marataa hai Jo ek baar hee marataa hai Continues..... ------------------------ This poetry I recited in standard 7th and won second prize in Mumbai inter-school poetry competition.:giggle: