ICC Under-19 World Cup, Aug 2012

Built like a tank. Kinda like Bresnan but really quick.
He is a talent in the category of Pattrick Cummins, teenage missiles. He too falls to left side like Cummins but not as much as Cummins, Can have injuries in long run due to that. If he stays a bit more upright, he will be even better and quicker. He has the action and potential to become one of the fastest bowler in world cricket. I remember how Finn used to trundle in U19 wc in 2008 and now bowles90 mph. He is already bowling 90 mph.

Day 2 of the U19 CWC 2012 saw India take on the West Indies at the Tony Ireland stadium. Once again the captain who won the toss inserted the opposition into batting first. India struggled against the moving ball, but unlike England the previous day they ensured they didn’t overestimate a decent target, kept wickets in hand and made full use of their 50 overs to reach a total of respectability and give their bowlers something to bowl at in the challenging conditions. Sharma and Vol were the key performers in the rear-guard effort. They started cautiously when they were 4 down inside the first 20, but once they were in batting became easier and the run flow became more frequent. Sharma is the Indian wicket keeper and he top scored with a half century. West Indies had a shaky start, losing their skipper Kraigg for just 4. Sandeep Sharma bowled economically and picked up important wickets at the top. The Indian spinners made the task tough in the middle and back end and slowed things down as well as threatened. Singh was the pick of the bowlers, picking up 3 wickets with his left arm spinners. The Indians encountered criticism for not rotating the strike enough and looking for singles. Also, the lack of communication in the running between the wickets was criticised. Both televised matches have been won by the chasing side. Batting has been tough and slow going. Sides will need to set their sights lower when batting first and try to bide their time and rein themselves in. It’s often underestimated how long 50 overs actually are. It’s still 3.5 hours of batting. India are likely to play Pakistan in the quarter final now assuming there are no upsets and Pakistan beat New Zealand on Thursday. Elsewhere, South Africa beat Bangladesh comfortably. De Kock was adjudged the player of the match for an entertaining 90. Ireland were defeated by 7 wickets by England with Reece Topley bagging 3 wickets. Will Young of New Zealand who captains the Kiwis scored a century and got MOM as New Zealand beat Scotland narrowly. Day 3 sees Australia play Nepal which will be the live game.

was watching the indian batting early morning,only credit to india was that they at least batted out their 50 overs on this track.. the windies bowling was too awesome beaton,the left hand opening bowler,the 1st change , all were dangerous,getting great bounce.. but i think india will do well here,just need to bat 50 overs and play a couple of fast bowlers

Sandeep and Harmeet bowled quite well. Sandeep would do well to increase his pace by atleast 5 km/h so that he is around 135km. Also he'd do well to pitch the ball up a bit more so that the batsmen are enticed to drive. Is it just me or the likes of Harmeet and Vikas Mishra have modified their bowling actions from before? That delivery by Harmeet where he entice the batsman to come forward and drive and the ball drifting away from the batsman...resulting in the stumping. That was a brilliant delivery.

Sandeep and Harmeet bowled quite well. Sandeep would do well to increase his pace by atleast 5 km/h so that he is around 135km. Also he'd do well to pitch the ball up a bit more so that the batsmen are enticed to drive. Is it just me or the likes of Harmeet and Vikas Mishra have modified their bowling actions from before? That delivery by Harmeet where he entice the batsman to come forward and drive and the ball drifting away from the batsman...resulting in the stumping. That was a brilliant delivery.
those 5k's will come and pitching ball up? he was bowling perfect length here...his 2nd wicket was just perfect would have gotten any one out but tht other pacer kalaria i think is shyte :P
those 5k's will come and pitching ball up? he was bowling perfect length here...his 2nd wicket was just perfect would have gotten any one out but tht other pacer kalaria i think is shyte :P
Yeah, the length around the second delivery was great..the batsman came forward and was doubtful.. I don't mean the yorker length but the delivery that draws the batsman forward slightly...those were the ones where the batsmen were beaten a lot of time.. Otherwise some of the shorter deliveries batsmen were just playing off the backfoot.
yeah his name is rush but he doesnt seem to be in any rush whatsoever