Field hockey at the 2012 Summer Olympics Men's tournament

Sir john

Congrats to the Indian hockey team for their consistent performance. No other team has shown such a consistency- achieving the exact same result in all their matches irrespective of the strength of the opposition. :hatsoff:
sad..but..lame

I don't get the point of playing these 7th vs 8th or 11th vs 12th position games.. Why don't they do that for other sport as well if it means anything.
Traditionally it was to do with qualifying for various tournaments, but does not hold any relevance now and should be scrapped at least to spare us the humiliation to losing to South Africa's hockey team tomorrow.

I don't get the point of playing these 7th vs 8th or 11th vs 12th position games.. Why don't they do that for other sport as well if it means anything.
to distribute points...they have specific points for each positioned side..although the difference is only 20-50 points

tomorrow suddenly the indian team will find form and defeat South Africa...
:hysterical::hysterical: Prediction 1-3. I've watched every match played by them and their only hope of scoring a goal is through a penalty corner. The defense is non existent - someone was criticizing the goal keeper for getting out too much, but with this bhadwaa defense what can the goal keeper do.

:hysterical::hysterical: Prediction 1-3. I've watched every match played by them and their only hope of scoring a goal is through a penalty corner. The defense is non existent - someone was criticizing the goal keeper for getting out too much, but with this bhadwaa defense what can the goal keeper do.
u watched every match? :cantstop: I only saw the second one... where we scored a goal in the first minute off a PC and then was surprised to see the ball rarely cross into the opposition half after that.. Didnt bother seeing any of the later ones...