Happy Ramadan...

Asim

naaah the roadside spit' date=' sweat adds to the flavor and taste will be missing :(([/quote'] dont u have a any Paki neighbours..you can outsource the spit and sweat buseness to them

They don't practice it if they have to play matches during Ramadan, only very very few, in my knowledge, I cud b wrong, Saeed Anwar used to do it even while playing, I heard Javed Miandad too... Muhammed Yousuf after conversion used to optout of playing during Ramadan. I don't think so cricket falls in as a condition when you can quit fasting specially when you have an option to not play during Ramadan but there are many other situations like sickness, women issues, traveling (with certain conditions), old age, u at war or anything when fasting can genuinely put your health at risk, you are allowed to quit but you have to complete them in same number when your situation gets normal.
Well if they are playing then its certainly difficult for them to fast... but since they are traveling (when they play in other venues) they don't need to fast as they are regarded as travelers.As fasting is not obligatory for travelers ' date=' nursing women , pregnant women , oldies (who cannot fast) , sick ... when they are finished with it then they have to fast during non ramzan days and complete the days.[/quote'] okies :two_thumbs_up:

My Paki textbook reference was not about ramzan/ramadan. It was about the larger issue of consistent and wilful distortion and denial of history and native culture in Pakistan. Here's one study that documents this intellectually subversive exercise of a paranoid people - http://www.uvm.edu/~envprog/madrassah/TextbooksinPakistan.pdf Given that ramzan is the correct urdu word - pakistanis opting for the arab equivalent doesn't compute. Unless Naipaul was really onto something.
Ramadan is the correct way to pronounce it, as it is the name of the month in the arabic language. Do you also insist on calling February, farvari instead, since thats what desis used to call it or have you corrected yourself? There is no grand conspiracy here, some people just prefer to call the month by its actual name in the original language.

^ kareem = generous right but "Ramadan Kareem" (Ramadan the Generous Month) is called in terms of how generously this month bring blessings for us and how our ibadaas are rewarded in this month... Also I must mention there is one worldwide popular misconception exists now specially among non-mulslims is that saying "Ramadan Kareem" is a way to wish Ramadan, which is Not correct and I dont see many Muslims bothering to correct them :) "Ramadan Kareem" is actually just another title name for this month exactly like "Ramadan" or "Ramadan-ul-Mubarik". To make a Ramadan wish we have to say "Ramadan Mubarik" or "Happy Ramadan" or “Ramadan Kareem Mubarik”... Note: "Ramadan-ul-Mubarik" and "Ramadan Mubarik" also have totally different meanings as mentioned above...

^ "Mubarik" is not any reserve-word for Eid, u can use it to make best wishes for ANYTHING like in Urdu/Hindi we say Salgira Mubarik, nae job mubarik, Shadi Mubarik or simply we say "Mubarik ho"...