Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

Whats so hard about bowling 6 balls on a good line and length?
It is not as easy as you think. Otherwise, everyone could do that.You need a lot of practice to do that in the nets, also need everything going right in your action and runup so that you dont fall away and lose control which keeps happening with Shami and Umesh, bot struggle in that aspect. Ishant has improved on that aspect now. He used to have same issue before.
It is not as easy as you think. Otherwise' date=' everyone could do that.You need a lot of practice to do that in the nets, also need everything going right in your action and runup so that you dont fall away and lose control which keeps happening with Shami and Umesh, bot struggle in that aspect. Ishant has improved on that aspect now. He used to have same issue before.[/quote'] That's what I mean and India don;t seem to spend long hours doing that and it shows when they travel overseas.
It is not as easy as you think. Otherwise' date=' everyone could do that.You need a lot of practice to do that in the nets, also need everything going right in your action and runup so that you dont fall away and lose control which keeps happening with Shami and Umesh, bot struggle in that aspect. Ishant has improved on that aspect now. He used to have same issue before.[/quote'] Obviously it is not easy. But, someone representing his country in the most popular sport....with millions vying for his position....shouldn't he practice a lot. Practice till his action and bowling feel ok. He and our other pacers obviously have the best possible professional help and facilities to develop their skills. Our pacers are not serious enough about their profession. Nor do they have adequate learning ability. They are very disappointing.
Obviously it is not easy. But, someone representing his country in the most popular sport....with millions vying for his position....shouldn't he practice a lot. Practice till his action and bowling feel ok. He and our other pacers obviously have the best possible professional help and facilities to develop their skills. Our pacers are not serious enough about their profession. Nor do they have adequate learning ability. They are very disappointing.
Exactly. Shameful that Yadav can't bowl enough deliveries in the right area. Needs to be kicked out of the team.
Obviously it is not easy. But, someone representing his country in the most popular sport....with millions vying for his position....shouldn't he practice a lot. Practice till his action and bowling feel ok. He and our other pacers obviously have the best possible professional help and facilities to develop their skills. Our pacers are not serious enough about their profession. Nor do they have adequate learning ability. They are very disappointing.
I agree. They should practice more. This is the only way to improve. At least, try to bowl on side of the wicket for start.

Oh God, we would never get a good bowling attack. Tell me 1 bowler not in team who can replace these guys. We just dont have anyone right now and problem isnt only bowlers, somehow we as a country needs to patient with our bowlers the same way we are with batsmen or even spinners. I really dont think, we can have a better bowling attack than we currently have in Australia even though they have been beaten black and blue. Infact even Australia bowling attack has gone at around same rate then Indians and only difference in this series is Tail for both teams.

Oh God, we would never get a good bowling attack. Tell me 1 bowler not in team who can replace these guys. We just dont have anyone right now and problem isnt only bowlers, somehow we as a country needs to patient with our bowlers the same way we are with batsmen or even spinners. I really dont think, we can have a better bowling attack than we currently have in Australia even though they have been beaten black and blue. Infact even Australia bowling attack has gone at around same rate then Indians and only difference in this series is Tail for both teams.
No Yadav is horrible and he needs to be dropped.

I was the one who opened earlier thread comparing MJ with UY and I will take my words back that thread was opened based on UY earlier performance in the Aus, looking at Umesh bowl I was really frustrated no improvement from last time around infact went worse this time, guy just start his spell with no seriousness no focus, bangs the first few ball short wide or full half valleys get hit for few boundaries then he wakes up and ball few good balls and again after few overs start spraying it around. Having said that he still is our best wicket taking bowler with the strike rate under 50, I think this problem is because not enough domestic games under their belt get drafted in to the team after IPL performances, in test matches you need to be discipline be patience stick to the plan but look at what is happening to UY, Shami, K Sharma, Aaron they all got picked from IPL outing with not much experince of longer version and hence don't know how to plan out batsman they all lacks control for long period of time not to say they can not they need better coaching they must be told in the nets to bowl 100-150 balls at the same spot time and time again they can work on thier variation too but major focus should be control, at what is happing to yorkers, did not see any from both sides also not many cutters too not sure if Mr Bangar is doing enough or our bowlers are brainless.

I was the one who opened earlier thread comparing MJ with UY and I will take my words back that thread was opened based on UY earlier performance in the Aus, looking at Umesh bowl I was really frustrated no improvement from last time around infact went worse this time, guy just start his spell with no seriousness no focus, bangs the first few ball short wide or full half valleys get hit for few boundaries then he wakes up and ball few good balls and again after few overs start spraying it around. Having said that he still is our best wicket taking bowler with the strike rate under 50, I think this problem is because not enough domestic games under their belt get drafted in to the team after IPL performances, in test matches you need to be discipline be patience stick to the plan but look at what is happening to UY, Shami, K Sharma, Aaron they all got picked from IPL outing with not much experince of longer version and hence don't know how to plan out batsman they all lacks control for long period of time not to say they can not they need better coaching they must be told in the nets to bowl 100-150 balls at the same spot time and time again they can work on thier variation too but major focus should be control, at what is happing to yorkers, did not see any from both sides also not many cutters too not sure if Mr Bangar is doing enough or our bowlers are brainless.
Umesh always was picked up from domestics. Dravid and Laxman were impressed with him in one of the duleep matches and since then his name started doing rounds.