Game of Thrones (TV Spoilers allowed, Book spoilers not allowed)

Rajiv

Did anyone else think that..

Jamie was setting Tyrion up? I was terrified he would be caught and killed after he went up the stairs- half expected Cercei and some soldiers to be waiting for him. Especially as Jamie and Cercie had just incested. Still it was touching when the brothers bid farewell- always liked the way those two interacted. Loved it when Tyrion killed his dad. Brienne vs the Hound was brutal and brilliant. Also touching was Jons farewell to Ygritte. Didnt expect the army coming to Jons rescue was Stannis. I was really worried for him at that point Im also worried about what that red witch has in store for Jon. She gave him a especially interested look through the fire. Can not see any good coming out of Dany chaining up her dragons. Theyre gonna hate her for it

Isnt this a strictly GOT discussion thread? BTW' date=' ROME was cancelled because of budget constraints and GOT might go the same way[/quote'] Nah..GoT is way bigger than Rome. It has a huge cult fan following and every season tops the rating records. Despite being on HBO, it gives competition to the top shows on Network TV. If you include pirated show views, GoT might very well be the most popular show on television right now.

Nah..GoT is way bigger than Rome. It has a huge cult fan following and every season tops the rating records. Despite being on HBO' date=' it gives competition to the top shows on Network TV. If you include pirated show views, GoT might very well be the most popular show on television right now.[/quote'] Of course GoT is way bigger than Rome. But IMO its not better than Rome as a series.

Nah..GoT is way bigger than Rome. It has a huge cult fan following and every season tops the rating records. Despite being on HBO' date=' it gives competition to the top shows on Network TV. If you include pirated show views, GoT might very well be the most popular show on television right now.[/quote'] Yep, in an interview of Dinklage I remember Letterman saying that GOT is the highest illegaly downloaded TV series.

I only watched only the GOT series. Will i be able to understand the fifth book without reading the first 4 ? Or do i have to read the first 4 before starting A dance with Dragons?
First of all show has finished just 3 books And there is some stuff missing in show which might be added later and some stuff from what I understand added in show first which happens in next book IMO u can read book and u will find some new things specially about characters I read book one and they are lot more balanced and IMO there is no clear good vs bad like in show ...:p

First of all show has finished just 3 books And there is some stuff missing in show which might be added later and some stuff from what I understand added in show first which happens in next book IMO u can read book and u will find some new things specially about characters I read book one and they are lot more balanced and IMO there is no clear good vs bad like in show ...:p
Oh thanks.I thought A book per season in GOT. Yeah i would prefer from the first book as well but having watched the series i am not sure it will be as engaging as originally.Also time constraints as well I just wait till next year to see what happens next so thinking of reading the book from 4th(Where the season has finished). Just wondering whether i will be able to understand if I start from Book 4 straightaway.

Oh thanks.I thought A book per season in GOT. Yeah i would prefer from the first book as well but having watched the series i am not sure it will be as engaging as originally.Also time constraints as well I just wait till next year to see what happens next so thinking of reading the book from 4th(Where the season has finished). Just wondering whether i will be able to understand if I start from Book 4 straightaway.
see...u might need to google search few things to get context in some chapters but it depends on character pov you are reading also keep in mind last episode has so many changes from book..i think you should treat them differently, show has made some significant changes and book has some boring parts according to my friends but its worth a read specially because new book is coming soon :--D also let me explain better some characters have done different things from book like arya but they do not make difference from story but some things have been omitted ... also as you can guess there is lot more detail in book but even if you ignore that i would have said you can read book 2 afer season 1 but now it will be hard to just jump onto books to know story because story is little different...they will end in same place but path is clearly different in many cases

I only watched only the GOT series. Will i be able to understand the fifth book without reading the first 4 ? Or do i have to read the first 4 before starting A dance with Dragons?
I think you should read from book 1. It provides a much more clear picture and has lots and lots of background stuff which obviously cannot put in the show. If you don't have time then read slowly - you will finish 5 books by the time the next season comes next year.