Game of Thrones (TV Spoilers allowed, Book spoilers not allowed)

Rajiv

IMO having read the books you can put many scenes in the tv show into proper context. At least thats what I've felt after reading all books and then watching the tv version.
But book you can imagine more,whch is not possible from TV...also twists are arleady known,you just expect them and doesnt give same feeling.

But book you can imagine more' date='whch is not possible from TV...also twists are arleady known,you just expect them and doesnt give same feeling.[/quote'] But there are a lot of gaps in the tv show (which is understandable considering its just 10 episodes for each book) which can be filled by the book. Also, the books have a LOT of back story (some of it is useless and was not needed IMO) which is not present in the tv show. The thing is, you cannot read the book after watching the show (because after knowing the main story through the tv show you won't feel like reading all the extra information in the book) but you can certainly watch the show after reading the book and usually that enhances your experience of watching the show (apart from major events like the Red Wedding etc where there is no suspense left).

But there are a lot of gaps in the tv show (which is understandable considering its just 10 episodes for each book) which can be filled by the book. Also, the books have a LOT of back story (some of it is useless and was not needed IMO) which is not present in the tv show. The thing is, you cannot read the book after watching the show (because after knowing the main story through the tv show you won't feel like reading all the extra information in the book) but you can certainly watch the show after reading the book and usually that enhances your experience of watching the show (apart from major events like the Red Wedding etc where there is no suspense left).
Not sure about this.. Take the example of Jamie & Brianne fighting with swords scene...it was written brilliantly in book. But in TV its underwhelming.

The back story on what who actually killed Elia Targereyan seems to be a vital plot point.
It is a fairly big angle in the books but I won't ruin it for you, since the series might yet fill you guys in. I expected Oberyn to be a bit older and more menacing presence.

Badassness rating top 10: Sandor Clegane/The Hound Khal Drogo Jamie Lannister Lady Brienne Loras Tyrell Stannis Baratheon Jon Snow Ned Stark Daario Naharis The Worm Bronn Have not seen enough of Grigor Clegane :hmmm: I like Jon and hope he takes brutal revenge on all the Lannisters. Good first ep, I like this new character Oberyn. Hope he kills a few Lannisters too.

I have HBO Go so I dont know how long will they take to make it available after airing it on TV So I cant wait for them to upload on HBO GO and a week ago I was planning on watching the series in one go .. I dont think I have that much patience
If you are in the US then they add a new episode as soon as it airs on TV that is Sunday 9 pm Eastern.

Err, as per the books go, as far as badass rating goes, Gregor Clegane wins, by a million light years. Bronn's also definitely higher than pretty boy Snow. Snow is good at swordplay but its one thing fighting swordsmanship against wildlings,its completely another with battle-hardened soldiers & knights. I'd put Bronn as high as top 5/6. Definitely ahead of Loras as well. Same goes for worm. he'd easily crack Loras like a ripe mango. There are a few others but that would be going into spoilers.Oh and one more person who definitely makes the top 6/7 is the blackfish.

Badassness rating top 10: Sandor Clegane/The Hound Khal Drogo Jamie Lannister Lady Brienne Loras Tyrell Stannis Baratheon Jon Snow Ned Stark Daario Naharis The Worm Bronn Have not seen enough of Grigor Clegane :hmmm: I like Jon and hope he takes brutal revenge on all the Lannisters. Good first ep, I like this new character Oberyn. Hope he kills a few Lannisters too.
Where is Tyrion & Tywin....:dontknow: