Dale Steyn declares England as phoney No 1 Test side

I don't know how many of you agree to me herre but India had kind of earned the #1 ranking. We had won a series in England, WI and NZ, before becoming #1. Also the Oz series of 2007 was pretty close. Not to mention the performances in India. And after becoming #1, we again drew level in SA,SL and won in WI. I have already taken the names of all test playing nations! The criticism would be that we had not dominated any series or won it emphatically. But, our record had been at par in almost all conditions. IT's when we toured again, that things have taken a U-Turn :((

I don't know how many of you agree to me herre but India had kind of earned the #1 ranking. We had won a series in England, WI and NZ, before becoming #1. Also the Oz series of 2007 was pretty close. Not to mention the performances in India. And after becoming #1, we again drew level in SA,SL and won in WI. I have already taken the names of all test playing nations! The criticism would be that we had not dominated any series or won it emphatically. But, our record had been at par in almost all conditions. IT's when we toured again, that things have taken a U-Turn :((
I think it's when we crossed the "transition line" but no transition took place we took a massive U-turn. That series in West Indies ("Transition line") after World Cup gave me some hope, but even then the likes Dravid and Laxman where still in the team, and not to mention those who were rested.
I think it's when we crossed the "transition line" but no transition took place we took a massive U-turn. That series in West Indies ("Transition line") after World Cup gave me some hope, but even then the likes Dravid and Laxman where still in the team, and not to mention those who were rested.
Right. I get this feeling when I see our team playing that maybe, maybe there's a lack of motivation somehwere. I don't know hwether I am right or wrong but looking at our players since the WC gives me the feeling that they are now running around like headless chickens. Pre-WC they had this aim if lifting it, but after having achieved it, they don't seem to be having any further goals. And this is where a strong leader or a coach's role comes in.
Right. I get this feeling when I see our team playing that maybe, maybe there's a lack of motivation somehwere. I don't know hwether I am right or wrong but looking at our players since the WC gives me the feeling that they are now running around like headless chickens. Pre-WC they had this aim if lifting it, but after having achieved it, they don't seem to be having any further goals. And this is where a strong leader or a coach's role comes in.
i agree.. and right now even after 8-0 they believe that there is no big problem..atleast the attitude is like that

Our team's attitude will not change unless there is a change in the leadership. Dhoni is simply not bothered and fletcher is living a nice retired life. Both have to go. Dhoni is even making money out of our defeats. The latest Aircel ads featuring Dhoni talks about our defeats. WTF!!!!!!! they must have paid Dhoni crores for that ad. Players are making money even from defeats.

Our team's attitude will not change unless there is a change in the leadership. Dhoni is simply not bothered and fletcher is living a nice retired life. Both have to go. Dhoni is even making money out of our defeats. The latest Aircel ads featuring Dhoni talks about our defeats. WTF!!!!!!! they must have paid Dhoni crores for that ad. Players are making money even from defeats.
"glorifying your failures" signs of decay of last remaining days of Mahi-era
I was reminded of the advert,"Apne Dada ko bhule to nahi" when I saw this one.
No Precam it's now been 10 months. CW has asked for you to stop harassing them with Multi's as well for the record.
Yes a no.1 team that hasn't won a test series in Asia ( IND, PAK,SL) for a decade. :hysterical::hysterical:. Only England fans can gloat for being such a no.1 team.
Yes a no.1 team that hasn't won a test series in Asia ( IND' date=' PAK,SL) for a decade. :hysterical::hysterical:. Only England fans can gloat for being such a no.1 team.[/quote'] It's still better than previous no 1 team who hadn't won a test series in Aus and SA in 80 years. :dontknow: