Dale Steyn declares England as phoney No 1 Test side

What does that say about us ? when we have never won in Aus or SA ?
Don't forget Ind vs Aus in 2008. Every one knows what happened there in Sydney test. Even some umpire decisions are in favor of England in current Eng vs Ind series. Don't blame India's ability of winning test matches at overseas. Most of countries will made pitches which support home team... that's why India didn't won in SA series. Every team is a strong team at their home............ In last ten years...India lost only 1 test series at home and won 11 test series. In last 10 years India lost 10 test series(including current) in 39 test series.
Didn't England just beat AUS in AUS 3-1 ? And if after beating Aus in Aus they are still "home champions only" as you put it , What does that say about us ? when we have never won in Aus or SA ?
You are very distinctively not one of us for one. Secondly, go back to your green ghetto
Don't forget Ind vs Aus in 2008. Every one knows what happened there in Sydney test. Even some umpire decisions are in favor of England in current Eng vs Ind series. Don't blame India's ability of winning test matches at overseas. Most of countries will made pitches which support home team... that's why India didn't won in SA series. Every team is a strong team at their home............ In last ten years...India lost only 1 test series at home and won 11 test series. In last 10 years India lost 10 test series(including current) in 39 test series.
:laugh: He/she is a Pakistani troll.

Hahaha, joke of the year. England being able to play Mendis in Sri Lanka and win a test? Not happening. I hope when England play SA, the pitches are neutral. Let's see Anderson and Broad try and bowl on a normal pitch, with little swing. Steyn and Morkel do it all the time, it will be interesting definitely!

Everyone seems to think south africa is this great team and there some much better than England but if you think about it logically South Africa without morkel or steyn dont look so impressive. people have to understand that nobody is denying steyn is better than anderson while morkel is a better BOWLER than broad but as a bowling unit England are better cuz two bowlers doesnt make a bowling attack. in the batting department you seriously cant argue agiainst the fact that England have the most balanced batting line up in the world. in the top 3 they have 2 guys in trott and cook who can occupy the crease for days without a problem and in bell,pietersen,morgan they have excellent stroke makers. also lets not forget prior,bresnan and broad who can take a game away from anyone as they did in Nottingham. you also have to remember that south Africa have a long tail which can be taken care of by Barbie:two_thumbs_up:

I don't know how long will they remain no 1 and I don't think anyone can predict that. Most of the teams are under transition and England is one team which has completed it. They have a bunch of young players who can play cricket for next 6-7 years. They have good bench strength especially with bowlers. They have used lesser number of players in last few years. Other teams haven't settled down yet. You don't know what's their best XI. It will take few years for each team to build their top XI. SA is one team which has good mix of young and senior players, but they have their own limitations. India is dependent mostly on seniors and transition hasn't started yet. England has ability to play competitive cricket for long time. Even if they lose no 1 spot for some time, they will remain in top 3.

Let's be honest - how much life does test cricket really have left? 5 whole days in front of empty stadiums, breaking for lunch and tea with no gurantee of a result - i mean come on is it any surprise it is dying in todays fast paced world.
Another 100 years probably.
Hahaha, joke of the year. England being able to play Mendis in Sri Lanka and win a test? Not happening. I hope when England play SA, the pitches are neutral. Let's see Anderson and Broad try and bowl on a normal pitch, with little swing. Steyn and Morkel do it all the time, it will be interesting definitely!
I'd back England in SL; let's face it even India managed to scrape a draw there so it's not really a difficult proposition. Likewise SA, who could only manage a draw with India when England absolutely thrashed them

You said England can't win outside of England, yet they beat Aus 3-1. Apart from that this current side (I may be mistaken, haven't followed too closely) haven't really had an opportunity to prove what else they can do outside of their home. India can't really win outside of India either, so they don't deserve to be #1 anymore. This England side have the makings of a really really good team which I find very frustrating; but we'll have to see how they perform in places like India, Sri Lanka and SA. I think they have what it takes.