Dhoni likely to lead India against England Lions

and i came across this comment in rediff... wonder how stupid some ppl r..

Here come politician indian mind again by SSYK Y on Aug 18, 2007 12:03 AM | Hide replies So now the selectors wants to axe Dravid and end his career. Why not Ganguly, Tendulkar and the stupid Agarkar. Just becoz they have regional fanatics. The thing best about Dravid was that he is focussed on the game, a true professional. Unlike Ganguly, Tendulkar whose performance has retarded with the age, Dravid is consistent all throughout his career and he was a guiding factor for India. The mistake which Dravid made by not imposing follow-on was also done by Tendulkar,Gangul

Yuvraj has been with the team since 1999-00 and Dhoni since 2005. Dhoni gets the captaincy and Yuvraj pretty much nothing. Don't know what they see when choosing a captain. BTW Dhoni may even try his hand at bowling in this game it is being said.

Yuvraj has been with the team since 1999-00 and Dhoni since 2005. Dhoni gets the captaincy and Yuvraj pretty much nothing. Don't know what they see when choosing a captain. BTW Dhoni may even try his hand at bowling in this game it is being said.
Exactly .... I thought UV wud b the Captain.I don't care whoever is the skipper , I want our boys to perform :two_thumbs_up:

The reason Yuvi got overlooked is primarily discipliary. His attitude seems to irk quite a few people. i still believe that Yuvi is a future captain but he needs to reign himself in off the field. WRT the game, the big choice could be between Rohit Sharma and Gambhir. Gambhir has the advantage of having been in England for a long time now..it could be a toss up between the two for the first ODI..

The reason Yuvi got overlooked is primarily discipliary. His attitude seems to irk quite a few people. i still believe that Yuvi is a future captain but he needs to reign himself in off the field. WRT the game, the big choice could be between Rohit Sharma and Gambhir. Gambhir has the advantage of having been in England for a long time now..it could be a toss up between the two for the first ODI..
I think rohit will replace karrthik..

Hi folks...my first post here. The reason for Yuvraj not being considered are, I think, outside of the field of play as Zubin has said. Anyway, after Munaf, Khan etc. being walloped black and blue, Powar and Chawla seem to have got us back in the game with England 155/5 in some 26 overs, means India are back in the game

.Maybe Yuvraj could be a better captain then Dhoni. But easy way to choose is Dhoni's avg > Yuvraj.
Neither Yuvi nor Dhoni have led their state sides or have captained at any level. So we do not know about their leadership ability. On the other hand Karthik had led his state team to victory in the T20 this year. In the long run, if Karthik cements in place in both sides, I think he'll be a better candidate to lead Team India!