Australia draws first blood

Hawkeye

Why would a curator prepare a road because the home team has a strong batting lineup? He has no idea of who will win the toss.
It doesn't matter when the lineup is as strong as Australia's and you have McGrath and Warne leading the bowling. Donny, Australia has 5 main venues. Adelaide has always been a batting beauty but there is no doubt in my mind that Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth have become more batting friendly over the last decade. We can easily confirm by checking the average runs per wicket on them. I remember teams in Brisbane used to be bowled out for 200-300 runs in the first innings quite often in the 80s and 90s. As for Australian curators not being influenced by the opposition and situation, I have never seen a Sydney pitch as flat as the one India was given in '03-'04. There was no turn to be had from it even in the last session of the match. In the same series and previous test at Melbourne, some parts of the pitch were filled up on the last day when Australia was batting because it was deemed "dangerous".

hmmm.. it is still quite far. I would want to look at Pak matches first. It is very hard to say how tired these guys will be when they reach Aus later this year. But if they have momentum, they will be in good position to fight. Again, with the class of RD, SRT, SG and VVS, we wont just surrender to Aussies this time around as well. We will give them tough fight. But before that I want to see, how consistent these guys remain, against Akhtar and Asif. It will be a good practice to them of the fast bowling. Again this time around, we will manage to score 500+ score twice, as I had said against Poms. With that I would say we will either lose 2-1/1-0 or square 1-1. If we bowl equally good and field well, we will definitely win another test in Aus this time as well. Or at least i hope so. Just a thought gives so much joy..:dance: