VVS Laxman 32, best non-50 innings ever

Robelinda

believe it or not' date=' one of *the* most requested innings ever on my channel. i dont get it either.....[/quote'] Must say find it surprising. If you start looking for attractive 30s in Tests almost all batsmen will make the cut. Hell, Dinesh Karthik's innings in SA in 2006 was as good if not better.

He looked like he was batting on another pitch altogether on that day I saw it live, Dravid and Das and even Tendulkar who went on to make a 100 that day along with Sehwag were so circumspect. He was very unlucky to get out that day when he looked like scoring much more, yes John wright afterwards said it was best 30 he had even seen.

That was a time period where he played lots of these short sweet innings with eye catching stroke play.I remember a few from Zim tour( (obviously attack was inferior) tour as well.He was just in tremendous form but didnt convert.

:haha: Never heard the concept of "Best 30" before now. It's not even a category in T20s and here we are talking about an attractive 30 in a Test :giggle:
He was talking in context of Laxman unable to convert starts into big scores after that 281. He said he would play great for 30 or 40 runs and then get out playing loose shot. in that context he said this innings was best 30 he has ever seen but Laxman again got out playing loose stroke.

He was talking in context of Laxman unable to convert starts into big scores after that 281. He said he would play great for 30 or 40 runs and then get out playing loose shot. in that context he said this innings was best 30 he has ever seen but Laxman again got out playing loose stroke.
So Wright was paying him a back-handed compliment :giggle: