India's hope- SRK

coffee_rules

Yea yea.. he can make people indulge in group weeping.. i can vouch for that.. Tell me honestly , how many here didnt feel moved when he delivers that really emotional speech to preity zinta in kal ho na ho , the one which he reads out from the diary , presumably written by Saif..
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: i was laughing..and i am not lying sriram...he is just a joke..

Not to forget Guddi or Choti si baat.
Guddi was great. Choti si baat was cute movie. The man gave us classics like Satyakaam(Dharmendra in an artsy role for the first time). Mili(what a sad, haunting, tragic movie...love the song Bad sooni sooni hai) Bemisaal(good movie with superb song - Saawan ke Jhule pare hain tum chale aao, Kissi baat pe main kissi se khafa hoon main jinda hoon aur jindagi se khafa hoon) Aashirwaad(still remember the rap song that Ashoka Kumar sang almost 40 years back - Raani ki Naao chali) Buddha Mil Gaya(good suspense movie with Om Prakash as the Buddha) Then there was Naram GAram with Shatrughan Sinha and Utpal Dutt(still cant help but laugh at Shotguns' Kasam khaata hoon bhaiya ab uski ghar ki taraf dekh ke pessab bhi nahin karoonga) :haha: Darn freaking too many!!! Top director :two_thumbs_up:

Actually I would say SRK is a damn fine actor. He may not be as good as Aaamir or Amitabh, then again who is. However his initial movies displayed his acting skills. Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na is a pretty damn good flick I say. He was very good in Maya Memsaab and covered himself with glory in Baazigar/Darr etc. What I do not like about him these days is that his movies are one-track with same production banner(read Chopras and Johars). And Yash Chopra of today doesnt make a Kaala Pathar or a Deewar or a Silsila. His movies are pretty darn cr@ppy. But SRK as an actor is fairly decent one really. xxx
SRK was my fav actor in 90s Ramjaane, Darr, Baazigar and Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na

Amitabh is fairly overrated too IMO. Aamir is IMO on par with Amitabh but they are both overrated. They are good actors, not extraordinary. Patrick Stewart, Al Pacino, Robert deNero, Sanjeev Kumar, Uttam Kumar, Anupam Kher etc. are all better actors than Amitabh/Aamir. From my experience watching bollywood, it is usually the supporting actors that are better actors, heroes/heroines suck and rely on 'looks/physical skills like dancing' a lot more.

Amitabh is fairly overrated too IMO. Aamir is IMO on par with Amitabh but they are both overrated. They are good actors, not extraordinary. Patrick Stewart, Al Pacino, Robert deNero, Sanjeev Kumar, Uttam Kumar, Anupam Kher etc. are all better actors than Amitabh/Aamir.
I will take out Patrick Swayze and Anupam Kher from that list. Patrick Swayze was cool, and he had a phenomenal range. But he was certainly not as good as a De Niro. Anupam Kher has very limited range really, very suiatble for character roles, kinda like a modern day Balraj Shahni.

Patrick Swayze
Patrick Stewart, not Swayze ! Picard from Star Trek, a brilliant shakespearean actor !
Anupam Kher has very limited range really, very suiatble for character roles, kinda like a modern day Balraj Shahni.
And that is why AK is so much better than AB. Character roles is where the skills really comes to the fore IMO. It takes much more skill to play a Balraj Sahani or Anupam Kher than do a AB/SRK etc.

Amitabh is fairly overrated too IMO. Aamir is IMO on par with Amitabh but they are both overrated. They are good actors, not extraordinary. Patrick Stewart, Al Pacino, Robert deNero, Sanjeev Kumar, Uttam Kumar, Anupam Kher etc. are all better actors than Amitabh/Aamir. From my experience watching bollywood, it is usually the supporting actors that are better actors, heroes/heroines suck and rely on 'looks/physical skills like dancing' a lot more.
Hi hi hi ha ha ha ho ho ho :hysterical::hysterical: Thanks. I needed that.

Patrick Stewart, not Swayze ! Picard from Star Trek, a brilliant shakespearean actor !
You mean the X-Men guy? Darn man never liked him.
And that is why AK is so much better than AB. Character roles is where the skills really comes to the fore IMO. It takes much more skill to play a Balraj Sahani or Anupam Kher than do a AB/SRK etc.
Range is important. I rate Sanjeev Kumar highly because he could play a comedy role(as witnessed in Angoor) as much as he could play a mute(Koshish). Anupam Kher(to me) is great as brooding character role(like Saaransh) but I never liked his comedy(or villainery really). Balraj Shahni was superb btw.

After reading those SRK haters, I was hoping to see Rads....jumping on this thread and :boxing::secruity::viking: But no.. koi jaake usse jagao bhai...I dun care of the actiing part, when I see Gambo's avatar... He is my #1 too... But as a human, SRK is better person than AB.. At least you can sense that. Chill guys.. stop the abuse... you guys can do better job than this... What Sandtest is claiming in the OP could be his perception. It is just how we see those movies.. neways, we have seen, KANK. Now i have lost patience.. He is signing some pathetic scripts these days. As a actor. We all can go on to debate who is overrated and who is better... Shoooot... Fulwali was all out of flowers. I cudn't find any roses..... (haha...)...Bach gayaaaa saaaala..:hysterical:. Lagta hai Rawal saaare kharid ke le gayaa.. aur pata nahi kis kis ko baant raha hai... aare Rawal... inke liye kuchh bachaaa... ladh ladh ke thak gaye hai becharee....

Guest dada_rocks

SRK is nothing btw in comparison to AB: u can compare whatever aspect u want as a person as an intellectual as an actor as an orator .. anything..

:haha: now what was that story about drunk SRK Rajeev?? Come on spill the beans now' date=' will ya?[/quote']
Eating lunch with left hand, and scrolling this great thread.. Evening time, I will tella ya..how I left a message on SRKs answering machine in Toronto, 2001
..in short Went to see Desi Show in Toronto. At the end of the show, saw my friend Mazhar Nadiadwala coming out at the stage for this grand goodbyes etc as it was their last city ( he was part of the tour - admin stuff ). I obviously couldn't shout through the crowd. I tried to meet them, but off course the security didn't let me in. So after partying that night, one of the guys told me the hotel they were staying. So I went home, dialed the hotel reception. They said there is no one by that name from that crew, I said OK " can i leave a voice mail with someone I know :, they said WHO?, I said how about Sharukh Khan - ONE MOMENT SIR - xfered me to the room - At the beep leave a message - I still don't remember what I said inexactly, but it was something which started like " I am your fan.." 2 years later when I met that friend in Bombay, he said SRK would have given him the message if he actually checked it.. ------------------- Another funda with SRK was back in Mumbai 98, this was the after party of FilmFare awards, my friend had some invitation passes which upon reaching the hotel were lost! We entered the lobby and were looking for this pvt party, we see SRK coming; who is sipping pepsi and walking towards this hall..so obviously we follow him and are right behind him, hoping we will explain the security that we lost the passes. They thought we are with him and not only let us in but stopped to ask me " if saif is coming later ". 1) All I saw was these great filmstars as cheap drunks, especially that parmeet sethi 2) One of the best scenes. Watching Feroz khan with Zeenat chatting up ( it was Qurbani All over )

I saw SRK and Mahesh Bhatt talking with each other in Bridge Candy hospital lobby in Mumbai when Gauri was about to give birth to their first child.. It was late mid to late '97.. i was there for medical check up for immigration visa.. he looked like the guy next door.. dark.. hair messed up..

I saw SRK and Mahesh Bhatt talking with each other in Bridge Candy hospital lobby in Mumbai when Gauri was about to give birth to their first child.. It was late mid to late '97.. i was there for medical check up for immigration visa.. he looked like the guy next door.. dark.. hair messed up..
I had rani mukherjee sitting next to me at yoko sizzlers and I had no idea who she was until my friend told me...dark skin and total girl next door w/o make up