the indian squad for the next odi

India MUST play Dinesh Karthik further up the order. He has a good defence, plays attacking cricket no matter what the situation and can score in any conditions. He is being wasted in the lower order. Let Dhoni do the slogging at #7. As much as i like Gambhir, he just isn't making the most of his opportunities whenever India play good teams. He didn't do anything against South Africa and did nothing against England. I don't know how long India can afford to carry him. Then again, Uthappa is an even WORSE player with even greater flaws in his game. Personally, i'd rather see Rohit Sharma get a gig instead of these openers being played out of position. Rohit is a technically correct middle order batsmen with a sound defence and he can take the attack to the bowlers if need be. Powar has to be in the ODI XI. Permanent fixture. I don't know why he is treated like this; he has consistently shown that he is capable of bowling 10 tight, economical overs and taking big wickets. I'd pick him over Chawla any day of the week. So with all that said, my XI for the next ODI and for the remainder of the series (assuming they are fit) would look like; Ganguly Tendulkar Dravid Yuvraj Karthik Sharma Dhoni Powar Agarkar RPS Zaheer ...but the sh*theads who run this f*cking team will play; Ganguly Tendulkar Uthappa/Gambhir Dravid Yuvraj Dhoni Karthik Agarkar Chawla RPS Zaheer

India MUST play Dinesh Karthik further up the order. He has a good defence, plays attacking cricket no matter what the situation and can score in any conditions. He is being wasted in the lower order. Let Dhoni do the slogging at #7.
Bang on... I would even go with Uthappa to open with Tendulkar. Karthik coming at no.3 then the rest.