Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

Dhoni was the wicket keeper and captain. At the very minimum, he could have stepped up a couple of paces while keeping, so that edges carry to the slips. The entire commentary team was baffled about why he was not doing it in England and if edges are falling short in Australia then there is something seriously wrong with the field setting. I don't see how batsmen, bowlers, fielders, team management, or Obama can share responsibility on that.
:cantstop:
So here are some points you put forth [1] Creating good atmosphere - You and I can not decide
ofcourse we can,news of rifts,players speaking different tone than captain,captain openly criticising his senior players,news of his retirements etc. are good enough to know it wasnt a happy dressing room
[2] Batting Order Changes - Wait what? I mean tell me which batting order changes would you have made! I mean pretty much everyone playing like idiots and you talk about having 1 idiot before the other one. Makes no sense. :blink:
they were playing like idiots in thier position.maybe a change would hv changed it.wats the harm in trying,like Sehwag batting in MO,Kohli up the order,anything.we were losing anyway,couldnt hv been worse
[3] Dropping non-performers - I hope you understand that Dhoni is not the only one who selects players. It is a team management decision - yes Dhoni is a part of and if what in Australia CB series was true he is favor of dropping but others are not. Think about it
Dhoni is ultimately responsible for his team,thats what captaincy means.he cant say oh Fletcher asked me to retain this player.the final decision is his. lol 'in CB series he was in favour of dropping others'.now it becomes only his decision.contradicting much?
BCCI pressure on Dravid is another conspiracy theory and instead of accepting you made a mistake (or forgot) you are still defending yourself. Own up man! Have you been a leader or a captain of any team? Just asking.
I never made a mistake.its u has head in sand.
ofcourse we can,news of rifts,players speaking different tone than captain,captain openly criticising his senior players,news of his retirements etc. are good enough to know it wasnt a happy dressing room they were playing like idiots in thier position.maybe a change would hv changed it.wats the harm in trying,like Sehwag batting in MO,Kohli up the order,anything.we were losing anyway,couldnt hv been worse Dhoni is ultimately responsible for his team,thats what captaincy means.he cant say oh Fletcher asked me to retain this player.the final decision is his. lol 'in CB series he was in favour of dropping others'.now it becomes only his decision.contradicting much? I never made a mistake.its u has head in sand.
[1] LOL Virat Kohli could have been up the order in England. Sure! but he wasn't playing :hysterical: [2] Dhoni was not the only one in favor to drop the seniors in CB series but again a team management decision, works both ways. [3] Here is what you said
Dravid must hv been an idiot to resign after WC2007 as he didnt bat for Ganguly' date=Sehwag etc.nor he did bowl for Agarkar,Bhajji etc.
Surely, you must have known that he may not have but typed it wrong. I accept it but rather than accepting a mistake/error you choose to conveniently ignore it. Guess, who has his head in sand now!

Captaincy is leading from front on field with their performance.When captain becomes a passenger in side and is there in the team just because he is captain then whole team loses respect for him. All the senior members in the team have some kind of grudge with Dhoni because he got all the credit for their performances leading up to India becoming no1.Dhoni other than his wicket keeping which is adequate at his best had very little role but kept getting the biggest praise and publicity. Even in world cup it was Dhoni who got most limelight when all the hard work was done by Gambhir, Dhoni did his part but it was Gambhir who kept India in the game with his gritty Knock but he became an after thought in middle of media frenzy about Dhoni. He lost two t-20 world cups due to his stupid fascination with Jadeja but he never was blamed, his batting in those two world cups was atrocious but was given a pass. Even after England series loss spot light was never on him but it was on injuries and bowlers.In that series as many of posts have highlighted here his captaincy and batting left lot to be desired. If he batted any where close to what Prior did in that series chipping in when chips were down,outcome of that series would have been different.His batting outside India except for that century on cement track of Faisalabad has been atrocious. He is what Ganguly became in latter stage of his captaincy just a passenger especially outside India.Any half decent wicket keeper with no gun to his head like what they did to many others can do what Dhoni has done in India. I am surprised how his off the field persona and his odi performances have camouflaged his atrocious batting in tests.It is not like he is Allan Knott behind stumps his keeping is average at his best. Bhajji was also in same boat till last year when selectors finally realized what everyone knew at least two years prior that he no longer was a wicket taking bowler who kept blaming everybody else other than himself for not getting wickets. Selectors will only realize Dhoni is never going to be a good forget great no7 test batsman until he is not the captain. But that said If change was to be made it should have been made after Australian debacle now it is late unless this guy screw ups in one of the two big series following this one and T-20 world cup. Dhoni has become Ricky Ponting, it took massive loss at home to dislodge that guy from captaincy ,it is understandable to some extent because he won so many more matches as a captain than Dhoni and was not a passenger like Dhoni .

[1] LOL Virat Kohli could have been up the order in England. Sure! but he wasn't playing :hysterical:
did I mentioned England specifically?:doh:
[2] Dhoni was not the only one in favor to drop the seniors in CB series but again a team management decision, works both ways. [3] Here is what you said
in the team management,the captain is supreme n his word is final.he takes the responsibility.I thought u knew this much about cricket.sorry for overestimating u
Surely, you must have known that he may not have but typed it wrong. I accept it but rather than accepting a mistake/error you choose to conveniently ignore it. Guess, who has his head in sand now!
offering to resign=resign to me.atleast he took responsibilty,unlike somebody else.
did I mentioned England specifically?:doh: in the team management,the captain is supreme n his word is final.he takes the responsibility.I thought u knew this much about cricket.sorry for overestimating u offering to resign=resign to me.atleast he took responsibilty,unlike somebody else.
Dravid did not offer to resign but took responsibility. Similarly, Dhoni also offered to resign. He clearly said, "If there is anyone whom the selectors feel will do that role better, he is ready to step down" in Australia. Why did that miss your consideration?
Dravid did not offer to resign but took responsibility. Similarly' date=' Dhoni also offered to resign. He clearly said, "If there is anyone whom the selectors feel will do that role better, he is ready to step down" in Australia. Why did that miss your consideration?[/quote'] thats not offering to resign,lol.if selectors find someone better,they'll anyway kick him out.an offer to resign doesnt hv qualifiers anyway Dravid acted on his offer afterwards,quit even after winning Test series in England.lets see what MSD does
thats not offering to resign,lol.if selectors find someone better,they'll anyway kick him out.an offer to resign doesnt hv qualifiers anyway Dravid acted on his offer afterwards,quit even after winning Test series in England.lets see what MSD does
MSD should play on till 2015 and then make the call on his future. Dravid was pushing 40 while Dhoni is 31 or 32 IIRC. He still has 3-4 years at top level.
thats not offering to resign,lol.if selectors find someone better,they'll anyway kick him out.an offer to resign doesnt hv qualifiers anyway Dravid acted on his offer afterwards,quit even after winning Test series in England.lets see what MSD does
I purposefully did not post the actual quote waiting for your reaction and as usual you made a OTT reaction. Here's what Dhoni said (note the bold)
"It's just a position I hold. It's something I'll always look to do well [as long as] I am in the job. It's not something I want to hold on to or stick on to. If there's a better replacement, it's a very open thing. He can come in. At the end of the day you want India to perform. If there is someone who can do a better job, then it's a place that should be given to him. It's not something you have o cling on to."
This for me is a clear cut signal that he's clearly open to anyone being a captain and does not want to cling on to the job. :hatsoff: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/story/551637.html