Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

And don't forget Sehwag outscored him by twice in the most recent series.
Yes he did. But, again looking at the way even Sehwag is playing, that is even more worrisome to me. That arguement that Viru would live by the sword and die by it has been too far fetched now. Sachin should and would retire very soon but Sehwag has not inspired any degree of confidence to me as a batsman and that too as an opener.
I did not compare their performances. I also took the names of Dravid and Laxman there. I said they all are playing at the highest level and they too know thing or two about batting or can guide young players' date=' but it does not mean we will keep them because of that if they do not perform. Though Gambhir still has age on his side to get his form back, but that cannot be said same about SRT and then Sehwag is Sehwag. He can guide players without playing too by sitting outside in dressing room like he was doing for MI during CLT20 last year. If he can do that for MI, why not for India?[/quote'] It's not even about guidance. Sure having him around would benefit. But, statistically, he's still been amongst our top 5 batsman in the disastrous year. He has to retire no questions about it but if we have have totally non performers in the team for so long, then he has a louder shout than others albeit the age factor.
It's not even about guidance. Sure having him around would benefit. But' date=' statistically, he's still been amongst our top 5 batsman in the disastrous year. He has to retire no questions about it but if we have have totally non performers in the team for so long, then he has a louder shout than others albeit the age factor.[/quote'] I would love to have him till SA tour if he scores runs, but if he does not then England series should be the end so that his replacement can get some exposure in Aus series.
I would love to have him till SA tour if he scores runs' date=' but if he does not then England series should be the end so that his replacement can get some exposure in Aus series.[/quote'] And that's what he has said. He has clearly said that he would wait till november, (which is next month!) and see how it goes from there.
He can guide young players without playing too by being in dressing room like he was doing for MI during CLT20 last year. If he can do that for MI' date=' why not for India?[/quote'] You mean he'll travel with team to all places in world to be in dressing room with team. Suggest something which makes sense.
All good things have to come to an end. And this hasn't even been good for last two years.
He was second highest scorer in world cup which was within last two years only. South Africa series where he scored two centuries in three test matches was also within last two yeas only. Our memory is shorter than we what we like to believe.
He was second highest scorer in world cup which was within last two years only. South Africa series where he scored two centuries in three test matches was also within last two yeas only. Our memory is shorter than we what we like to believe.
13 tests, 25 odd test innings have passed since WC and he only went downhill what is what make us believe. Things change very quickly at this age.